Joker's First Appearence

rory_bat

Are You Watching Closely?
Reaction score
Help!!

I am trying to find the Joker's first appearence. Is it collected in a certain volume or is there a site where I can read it on-line?

Thanks guys (and gals). :hoboj:

also, The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told has the first of the 2 stories in Batman #1 with Joker in it. But Batman Chronicles is definietly the way to go.

I have a question as well. But before I ask, I do not mean to "take over" the topic, I just feel that it would be unecessary to start a whole new one for a simple question. If you do feel it is disrespectful, sorry. :csad:

Anyways, this is it:
Can someone name a few comics that is/are the best example for The Joker's more psychotic and insane side? (And can you try not to include The Killing Joke and The Man Who Laughs since they seem to be the most noted/popular)

Excellent. Thanks for the help guys...

I have a question as well. But before I ask, I do not mean to "take over" the topic, I just feel that it would be unecessary to start a whole new one for a simple question. If you do feel it is disrespectful, sorry. :csad:

Anyways, this is it:
Can someone name a few comics that is/are the best example for The Joker's more psychotic and insane side? (And can you try not to include The Killing Joke and The Man Who Laughs since they seem to be the most noted/popular)

Arkham Asylum deals quite a bit with that, even going into the reasoning for his behavior. Joker's 5 Way Revenge, The Laughing Fish, and A Death In The Family sort of show his return to being the psychotic killer he started as. Any of the early 1930's Joker stories show him in his original light too, although they sort of get progressively goofier as it goes on.

Help!!

I am trying to find the Joker's first appearence. Is it collected in a certain volume or is there a site where I can read it on-line?

Thanks guys
Batman Chronicles Vol. 1. :joker: I think it was also collected in the Greatest Joker Stories ever told. But I can't remember. I know I had it in a reprint tpb. of something else before but now I have the Chronicles vol. 1.

It's from Batman #1. Also introduced Catwoman, then only known as The Cat.

Anyways, this is it:

Joker's 5 way Revenge, Dark Knight Returns and Arkham Asulum are good but also check Batman Nine lives

also, The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told has the first of the 2 stories in Batman #1 with Joker in it. But Batman Chronicles is definietly the way to go.

Does it have both stories? I think mine only has the first one.

Anyways, this is it:

Under The Hood Vol. 2, that's a really good rendition of how he just doesn't care, he's only in it for a bit, but it's awsome!

Anyways, this is it:

Detective Comics #826 (i think thats the right number, sorry if im wrong) showed off jokers i dont care attitude and crazyness....it was real good, best joker story in a while

Theres also Legends of the Dark knight 50. which is yet another telling of the story told in Batman #1 and The man who laughs.

Detective Comics #826 (i think thats the right number, sorry if im wrong) showed off jokers i dont care attitude and crazyness....it was real good, best joker story in a while

Detective 826, definitely.

Check out Detective #475-76 (The Laughing Fish) and Soft Targets from Gotham Central. He had a pretty good run at the end of No Man's Land as well.

Go with the Joker's five way revenge which is Batman #251. This is his return to his more psychotic and insane side.

Go with the Joker's five way revenge which is Batman #251. This is his return to his more psychotic and insane side.

I believe this was also the start of Joker's knack for wasting his henchmen.

And for the better. The Joker wouldn't have lasted if he remained the jewel robber.

I disagree. And while he robbed jewels, he wasnt doing it for the money, he was doing it just to show he was better than the police. And half his crimes werent even robberies, they were just straight up murders, either for revenge, or just cause. He was the Joker we all know today, when he started.

Yeah I agree, the Joker is so iconic mainly because of his MO. One story he's running down pedestrians, next he's trying to patent fish...

Love that Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"