• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jon Peters faces sex harassment lawsuit

johnnie-cochran.jpg

Where are ya when we need ya Johnnie?

SapphirePrima said:
Who is Jon Peters? :confused:

Jon Peters (born June 2, 1945 to Jack Peters and Helen Pagano) is a former hairdresser turned movie producer. Partnered with Peter Guber, he ran Sony Pictures for a time during the 1980s and 1990s. Peters has been often criticized by many in and out of the movie industry for his perceived egomaniacal actions and tendency to go for style over substance, particularly in the action films he produces. Peters has been married to Marie Zampirella, Lesley Ann Warren, Christine Forsyth, and Mindy Peters. He has a son, Christopher Peters, from Lesley Ann Warren, two daughters, Caleigh Peters and Skye Peters, from Christine, and a daughter, Kendell, from Mindy. Additionally, he is raising Mindy's teenage son, Jordan.

In his Q&A/comedy DVD, An Evening With Kevin Smith, writer/director Kevin Smith relates an anecdote about when he was hired to write a draft for the new Superman movie, which would have been called Superman Lives. According to Smith, Peters demanded that Superman was not to appear in his iconic costume, nor fly. He also instructed Kevin Smith to include a gay robot sidekick to Brainiac and a fight scene involving Brainiac and a pair of polar bears, and insisted that the final act of the film must consist of Superman fighting a giant spider. Smith later referred to his experience on the new Superman movie as unpleasant, particularly when he came to blows with Tim Burton[1], who was set to direct the project after Burton scrapped Smith's script. Later on in the DVD, Smith notes that the summer after he worked with Peters, he saw Wild Wild West, a movie produced by Peters, which similarly contained a giant robotic spider.[1]
In Look, Up in the Sky: The Amazing Story of Superman, Jon Peters admits "the elements that I was focusing on were away from the heart, it was more leaning towards Star Wars in a sense, you know. I didn't realize the human part of it, I didn't have that." He subsequently served as Executive Producer for Superman Returns, the 2006 movie directed by Bryan Singer.

Hopefully this will keep him out of the movie business, but I doubt it.

I hope the court case is on TV. Can't wait to see Kevin Smith as a witness. :D

Strange said:
Hopefully this will keep him out of the movie business, but I doubt it.
Actually it probably a requisite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"