Judge bans girl's weird name

Raiden

Wakanda Forever
Reaction score
Court: Girl can't be called Talula Does The Hula

New Zealand judge criticizes parents and orders 9-year-old to be renamed

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A family court judge in New Zealand has had enough with parents giving their children bizarre names here, and did something about it.

Just ask Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii. He had her renamed.

Judge Rob Murfitt made the 9-year-old girl a ward of the court so that her name could be changed, he said in a ruling made public Thursday. The girl was involved in a custody battle, he said.

The new name was not made public to protect the girl's privacy.

'Very poor judgment'
"The court is profoundly concerned about the very poor judgment which this child's parents have shown in choosing this name," he wrote. "It makes a fool of the child and sets her up with a social disability and handicap, unnecessarily."

The girl had been so embarrassed at the name that she had never told her closest friends what it was. She told people to call her "K" instead, the girl's lawyer, Colleen MacLeod, told the court.

In his ruling, Murfitt cited a list of the unfortunate names.

Sex Fruit?
Registration officials blocked some names, including Fish and Chips, Yeah Detroit, Keenan Got Lucy and Sex Fruit, he said. But others were allowed, including Number 16 Bus Shelter "and tragically, Violence," he said.

New Zealand law does not allow names that would cause offense to a reasonable person, among other conditions, said Brian Clarke, the registrar general of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Clarke said officials usually talked to parents who proposed unusual names to convince them about the potential for embarrassment.

Who would name their kid Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii? :huh:

i still say name the first kid madness and the second kid sparta...fun times for all...

This is a law that should apply to all celebs and the werid ass names they give their kids.

This is a law that should apply to all celebs and the werid ass names they give their kids.

but then kids won;t be able to beat up nic cage's kid and scream in victory "I JUST BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA SUPERMAN!!!":csad:

Yet "Number 16 Bus Shelter" was allowed. :D

Guess we know where Pops made the deposit at. :o

I Work for a records storage facility for hospitals/mortgage/law offices etc. There are some crazy crazy names we come across. We even have an inter email we send around "The name of the day" whenever we come across something really odd. We've seen names like Ben Dover, Harold and Sharon Weiner, Summer Breezy Day. Some parents should really think for a minute or two before subjecting their kids so utter hell.

I'm going to name my first kid "Phuck" and my second kid "You"

my third kid's name will be "carpet muncher"

I swear on everything my first born son is going to be named Inspector Detector. That's all there is to it.

On the serious tip, parents...your kids are not ****ing dogs. You name a dog something ******ed, the other dogs won't beat the crap out of them. A child, on the other hand.

Yeah, it's not like these kids will have to apply for jobs, college.

Sex Fruit? Sure! We'd love to have you working for us at Smith & Jones Accounting. The top firm in the city.

Poor kids...
If you're going to give them a weird name, atleast make it their middle name.

Our accounts payable girl is named Amy LoveDahl. sometimes, last names can be just as cruel lol.

I'm pretty sure if I ever make it into acting my name is now immediately going to "and tragically, violence". :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"