Jurassic World: Dominion

I assume they cut it because it takes too long to get to the main plot of the movie. Seems like its about pacing.

Right. They want to get right to the drive-in theater sequence.

Also what does it really contribute apart from showing a mosquito take blood?

I'm not particularly floor by the CGI, but it does looks good and makes me want to see a full documentary like that. It doesn't really tell anything, but maybe it would make sense more in the context of the movie ... but it's not in it, so... Let's say it's a nice little gift and a nice occasion to display the dinos with their updated look.

Now, that drive-in sequence. I found it plain bad. If the idea is to show the dinosaurs off their island, roaming our world, well, that's a really unimaginative way of showing it after The Lost World. Who's going to see movies at a drive-in anyway ? Heh, it's a dinosaur thing in a way... (Seinfeld theme playing)
More seriously, the thing gave me a very "commercial" feel. Quick cuts and all. I seriously expected the T-Rex to stop crashing cars seeing these 3 people who didn't even notice him because they would be sit in the new whatever model being promoted here. With the T-Rex being impressed and all. 6000 SUX style.

Last edited:
Strange they cut this from the movie. Seems like a really expensive thing to cut. The prehistoric scene was beautiful looking, the drive-in portion was a little awkward (as expected from Trevorrow).

Looking forward to seeing more.

I assume they cut it because it takes too long to get to the main plot of the movie. Seems like its about pacing.

Yeah, but for 3 minutes right off the top, we can all take it considering how beautiful it is. It actually ties the whole series together from where it all started which would've been nice.

The "just get to the action of the story" actually hurt The Lost World by cutting one of the best scenes had it been in the movie.

That prologue was great. Disappointing it's not in the final film.

Yeah, but for 3 minutes right off the top, we can all take it considering how beautiful it is. It actually ties the whole series together from where it all started which would've been nice.

The "just get to the action of the story" actually hurt The Lost World by cutting one of the best scenes had it been in the movie.

I remember they had the sense to put that scene back in when it aired on TV. If anything, the movie needed more Pete Postlethwaite.

Yeah, one of the best Jurassic series characters.

On watching the prologue, least it looks like they are making an effort in this one, the last one was horrendous, intentional or not.

Posting this again..

Interesting that the first 3 minutes seen in this prologue are not in the Theatrical Cut.. Maybe they will be part of Bluray extra features ?

On watching the prologue, least it looks like they are making an effort in this one, the last one was horrendous, intentional or not.
I go back and forth on my opinion on Fallen Kingdom. The first half of the movie I think is well done, while the second half is ridiculous. Either way, I'm glad Trevorrow is back tbh, and I have a lot of faith in this movie.

The kid in the footage with the popcorn who is also on the new poster for the prologue is Trevorrow’s son.

I go back and forth on my opinion on Fallen Kingdom. The first half of the movie I think is well done, while the second half is ridiculous. Either way, I'm glad Trevorrow is back tbh, and I have a lot of faith in this movie.

There are too many moments in it, where it's unintentionally hilarious for me to take it seriously. TBH, I only really like the original one, everything else is just 'meh', how many times can you re-make the same film and get away with it ?

There are too many moments in it, where it's unintentionally hilarious for me to take it seriously. TBH, I only really like the original one, everything else is just 'meh', how many times can you re-make the same film and get away with it ?
The first film, by right, shouldn't have gotten a sequel because it literally will be a variation of the first films plot, but it was inevitable. I honestly still have a soft spot for The Lost World. it's my second favorite of the sequels, but really, I've enjoyed most, if not all of them in some capacity.

Last edited:
The first film, by right shouldn't have gotten a sequel because it literally will be same variation of the first films plot, but it was inevitable. I honestly still have a soft spot for The Lost World. it's my second favorite of the sequels, but really, I've enjoyed most, if not all of them in some capacity.
The Lost World is still the best of the sequels for me, with Jurassic World not too far behind it. The dinosaur action is nearly on par with the first film and the VFX still hold up nearly 25 years later. I think what keeps it from having a better reputation is that besides Roland Tembo, the characters aren't anywhere near as interesting as they were in the first film. Even Goldblum seems neutered compared to his scene-stealing in the first one. And then you have Vince Vaughn's character who could and should have been a fun comic relief character similar to how Malcolm was in the first, but then you just end up hating him once you realize that he's responsible for most of the deaths that happen in the film.

As I’ve said before for myself obviously the original JP is a classic that can’t be touched. One of my all time favorites. But this is also one of my favorite franchises where I enjoy and have fun with all of the films. For lots of different reasons.

Also did anybody get the Ultimate Visual History yet for the JP trilogy? Gonna order mine from Amazon soon, and then the Ultimate Visual History for the JW trilogy will be releasing in June.

As I’ve said before for myself obviously the original JP is a classic that can’t be touched. One of my all time favorites. But this is also one of my favorite franchises where I enjoy and have fun with all of the films. For lots of different reasons.

Also did anybody get the Ultimate Visual History yet for the JP trilogy? Gonna order mine from Amazon soon, and then the Ultimate Visual History for the JW trilogy will be releasing in June.
My girlfriend ordered the book for me as a Christmas gift so I have a month before I get to enjoy it but I’m looking forward to it. :up:

The Lost World is still the best of the sequels for me, with Jurassic World not too far behind it. The dinosaur action is nearly on par with the first film and the VFX still hold up nearly 25 years later. I think what keeps it from having a better reputation is that besides Roland Tembo, the characters aren't anywhere near as interesting as they were in the first film. Even Goldblum seems neutered compared to his scene-stealing in the first one. And then you have Vince Vaughn's character who could and should have been a fun comic relief character similar to how Malcolm was in the first, but then you just end up hating him once you realize that he's responsible for most of the deaths that happen in the film.
I think Lost World gets too much of a bad rap still, unfortunately. But its made by spielberg, it's got John Williams doing the score, and Jeff Goldblum returns. He may not be written as greatly as in the first film, but I really do enjoy the depth they added to his character. People argue Ian Malcolms character should not have been the one to return in The Lost World, but considering he's my favorite character from the original film, I'm glad he did.

I also still enjoy Jurassic Park 3. It's one of the weaker of the movies, but there's some great sequences in there too. Honestly, I find enjoyment in all of them.

Ok, just to clarify, the 65 million years ago bit is NOT in the movie, but the drive-in attack IS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"