Justice League Dark Animated Film

I saw this over the weekend, and it was a commendable effort. The film had a creepy vibe without losing it's humor, mostly due to Constantine and Deadman. I wasn't happy with John Stewart's characterization, but at least the JL had a GL. Batman wasn't crammed down the viewer's throat as much as I expected, so that was a welcomed surprise. Swamp Thing's visuals were impressive as well.

I loved this movie. I think it's probably better than Judas Contract. One thing I would change would be Zatanna, I would go for a more comedic take along the lines of her DCAU appearances

Mila Kunis would be perfect for a live action Zatanna IMO

Finally got around to watching this movie. Overall I liked the plot, and I thought they nailed Constantine. Absolutely loved him.

I didn't really care for Zatanna's design, and overall her character was pretty bland. Which was really sad because she's my favourite in the JLD comic. I feel like if Constantine wasn't in the movie, she wouldn't have a personality at all, since she was pretty much defined by how she interacted with him.

I generally really like Batman, but he added nothing to the group dynamic. He shouldn't have been in it. Also
Having Zatanna come back just to save Batman didn't sit well with me. Especially when it meant Batman got to actually participate in taking down Destiny while Zatanna didn't.

So yeah. Decent effort, but hardly flawless in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"