justice league heroes...sequel?

Things I would need from a JLH Sequel to want to play it:

1) Better Graphics, with more detail to make each individual character stand out instead of being rivaled by my Freedom Force skins.

2) Better controls and powers. The only character who was anywhere true to his actual combat style was Flash (and of course the vanilla superman), but they made Flash out of paper to keep him balanced. To make this work you need...

3) More Diverse Gameplay. Balancing Batman against Superman on beat em-up leads straight to needlessly unfaithful translation. More RPG elements and more environment/item triggers would probably be the best way to go to keep the action fast paced and the learning curve simple. That said, more strategy would have to be an option. And guess what? If being a GL is that much different from being Superman or Martian Manhunter (as it should be) you won't have to FORCE me to play any of them, I can choose freely and still enjoy an in depth game.

4) Nix the repetitiveness. You just plain old need more mob types, some with surprises, some with character-specific weapons (ie fire, kryptonite, again, add STRATEGY), and definitely more variation in level design. Vastly more... wandering around caves is just a bad, BAD idea. Changing the elevation and terrain every so often would also go a long way towards making things seem exciting, at least all the way through the first play.

5) A longer and better story. We need something that's not a transparent excuse to get a bunch of baddies together. The JLH story for the first one was good, and I would have loved it in a comic, but a game story has to flow seamlessly with the action as well, the chaos in the streets, generally, has to be part of the storyline, not just being coincidentally the main tactic of all ten villains you fight.

6) More DC-specific moments. More of the famous villains, yes, we know half of them belong to Superman and Batman, and that's fine, but where are the Flash Rogues? Why not line all 14 of them up and make a level out of that... see? DIFFERENT. and DC-Specific. Let's hit up Keystone, Star City and the like, with all the shout-outs to DC's heroes who aren't in the game in the background... let's have those other DC personas, powered and otherwise, be used as NPCs for various reasons and resources. Now I'm in the DC universe, instead of a generic city.

7) Obviously, don't force my choices after level 1... make each character good enough that I'll WANT to play them.

8) Just spend more time on it. I have no doubt that JLH could have been a great game. It had great characters, good CGI, a wonderful story with an actual twist, something a liscenced game almost NEVER has... but making it an awesome game would have taken another year of development. Sorry, you can't rush these things.

I actually thought the graphics were pretty good! At least the animations, while slow, were fluid and reletively seemless.
I liked that a character like GA had to play differently from one like Superman, but I agree that after a certain point you realize that you have been just blasting the enemies with whichever hero's projectile for the past few hours.
And longer is really key to me! The game is over before you really get into it. There needs to be a longer, more diverse story that will allow the characters to progress as you play, and not only if you've played it 3 or 4 times already.

I liked the graphics but I wasn't a fan of some of the actual design of the characters, I was hoping they would go for a jim lee type look for the sequel. If you go onto the website of the studio that produced the game they are apparently busy with another game so this one is a ways off, if a sequel will be made at all. Which is a shame because I really enjoyed it and had fun leveling up the characters

Too bad, I've been waiting for this sequel. The game had a lot of potential and I want to see them make the needed changes and adjustments and put out a stellar sequel.

I like the jlh game alot it was awesome. I wish you could pick each superhero seperately instead of waiting on a certain level to use them for example the flash
I wanted to use the flash in the begining of the game. not bats, they should give player's a choice to choose who they want to use. and yeah the game was not long enough I truely hope they make a sequel.

I like the jlh game alot it was awesome. I wish you could pick each superhero seperately instead of waiting on a certain level to use them for example the flash
I wanted to use the flash in the begining of the game. not bats, they should give player's a choice to choose who they want to use. and yeah the game was not long enough I truely hope they make a sequel.

QFT!!!

they wanted to let players have the choice after the game was completed but couldnt thanks to timing. They didnt have the time to test for every possible scenario with all characters in all the levels and meet the deadline. They could have thrown it in the game, but chances are there would have been alot of glitches and bugs

Yeah after the first game was released, I rememeber reading about how GL's forcefield, WW's lasso snare and Zatana's rabbit transformation would have caused problems on certain levels becasue of the phsics engine.
But in XML1 you weren't given the option to replay the game with your acculmulated stats after you beat it, but you could in XML2.
Hopefully, JLH2 (should we ever see it) will have the options we wanted in the first; no limits on character selection (even if only after playing through once), longer gameplay, more characters etc.

I posted this on a different board the other day, I thought I'd put it here too- why not....
My JLH2 list

~returning heroes~

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow

~new heroes~Black Canary, Red Tornado,Booster Gold, Metamorpho, Vixen

~new unlockables~Dr. Fate, Power Girl, Etrigan

Black Canary -

Sonic Scream- fires a wave of sound that does damage and stuns enemies
Sonic Pulse- fires a continual stream of sound that pushes enemies back
Sonic Wave- radial scream that doesn't do high damage but inflicts stun
Bird of Prey- melee combo that ends with a powerful kick that knocks enemies back
Flying Canary- jump kick attack that propels Dinah forward and inflicts high damage

Red Tornado -

Wind Whip - arc of wind that knocks enemies away from Ulthoon and causes damage
Vortex - pulls enemies in from around the area and spins them into the air
Tornado Attack - transforms into a controlable tornado that knocks enemies away
Wind Rush - Rushes forward in a super fast blur and punches target with great force
Wind Sheild - a vortex that absords physical damage and repels projectiles back at the attacker

Booster Gold -

Force Blast - powerful beam attack that does high damage
Man of the Future - melee attack that ends with a powerful beam blast that pushes enemies away
Gold Medal - chargable uppercut that knocks enemies up into the air
Hi-Tech Goggles - a boost that increases the damage done by Booster's beam attack and marks enemies on the minimap
Forcefeild -projects a forcefeild that blocks enemies and projectiles

Metamorpho -

Acid Spray - fires a blast of acid that does poison damage that spreads to enemies as they touch other infected enemies
Nitorgen Vapor - transforms into a vapor that freezes any enemy Rex touches
Iron Fist - punches with a powerful iron fist that knocks enemies back
Phosphorous Blast - ignites into a blast of phosphorous that does radial burn damage
Elemental Evade - a boost that allows Rex to dodge attacks and projectiles for a time

Vixen -

Rhino - charges forward knocking enemies away and doing high amounts of damage
Elephant - jumps up and slams into the ground with the weight of an elephant, causing radial damage and knocking down enemies
Electric Eel - grabs an enemy and does a continual electrical shock until they have died or Vixen has run out of energy
Puma - boosts Vixen's movement speed, increases her jump range, and melee speed
Chameleon - makes Vixen invisble to enemies for a time and greatly boosts her rate of Healing

IMO Justice League Heroes is very good game and there should be sequel. I have tons of ideas, but they're too scetchy, so I won't post them here.

Dr. Fate -

Mystic Bolts - Fate fires blasts of mystic energy that track enemies
TK Throw - tosses enemies back with an explosion of Telekenetic force
Temperal Halt - Fate freezes time holding all enemies in place
Ring of Fate - a radial attack that confuses enemies and does magical damage
Portal - Fate opens a portal that draws enemies into it and causes damage before releasing them

Powergirl -

Power Punch - a powerful charge punch that dles massive damage
Heat Vision - fires a powerful blast of heat vision that burns enemies
Flight of the Kryptonian - Kara flies forward knocking away enemies in her path
Superslam - Kara flies up and slams into the ground causing a quake that topples enemies
Yellow Sun - a boost that makes Kara nearly invincible for a time allowing her to reflect nearly all attacks and projectiles

Etrigan -

Heart of Fire - Etrigan uses his mystical fire to burn enemies with flames that spread on contact
Rise the Demon - Etrigan rasies his strength for a time gaining a boost in melee speed and damage
Wrath of Hell - melee combo using Etrigan's powerful claws to do massive damage
Ring of Fire - Etrigan slams his fists creating a radial attack of fire and physical damage
Precognition - a boost that marks enemies on the map and allows Etigan to dodge projectiles and attacks for time

i would like for it to be more of a "DC Heroes" than a JL heroes...broaden the possible characters a little bit

I believe Snowblind would love to work on a new JLH game, but it won't happen for probably a couple of years. They're currently working on something more in the Dark Alliance mold which should be formally announced in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"