Justice League International

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I've just seen the new "re-booted" Justice League International #1. Pretty bright idea- the UN comes to the conclusion that as conventional and unconventional forces are too limited to combat some threats, they must found their own team of heroes( the JLA is helpful but as its name "Justice League of AMERICA" implies is arguably beholden to the US), composed of many nationalities but beholden to no ONE country.

I'm curious will the JLI get involved in hunting down real life war criminals like Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir and Muammar Gaddafi and bringing them to justice before the ICC(International Criminal Court)?

Terry

I liked the fact that it was the complete anti-thesis to Justice League #1. You had the team formed and thrown into action in issue 1. This is the way you do it.

Yet, another one going on my Buy List.

Loving the fact, that they've made Booster Gold the team leader.

I'm expecting this book to provide me with some good 'odd couple' moments between RR and Iron

I checked this one out digitally because of Jurgens and Booster Gold. It was all right. I can definitely see some potential in the book and will probably check out issue # 2 to see how things continue to go. I'm just wondering what exactly is carrying over as far as Booster's old timeline being the hero who goes through time without anybody else knowing...well, except Batman. It seemed to imply that in the issue but I just couldn't tell...

This was my first time with Rocket Red and August General in Iron. Love those guys now! Booster and Guy are always fun.

All sorts of underwhelming in my opinion. It was short, the plot seemed rushed and the dialogue awkward. The Bats/Guy scene made me feel uncomfortable reading it. It just seemed oddly placed.

I loved the art, and the characterization of the characters was enjoyable. Booster so far seems good. Guy as well, I love how our first official look at him harkens back to the original JLI. Glad to see Ice. :atp:And Rocket Red and August General were new to me in terms of more than a passing glance. I love RR! :yay:

Was I the only one who was hoping against hope that Kord would be the mysterious pilot? *sigh* I want the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle dynamic of old.

I doubt I'll pick up #2 though.

^ Ted doesn't exist in this new timeline. It sucks but it's what's been said.

I'm just wondering what exactly is carrying over as far as Booster's old timeline being the hero who goes through time without anybody else knowing...well, except Batman. It seemed to imply that in the issue but I just couldn't tell...

This is one of the reasons I'm sticking with the book. I figured it's the only place to find out. I don't want Booster's "tool" schtick to be his actual M.O. anymore but just an act that only the Batmen were oblivious to since they knew the truth. That was one of the best things to come out of 52 and it will suck if it's been so clumsily undone. I know Ted's death was a big part of it but it was so much more than just that so I don't want to see that angle completely gone.

^ Ted doesn't exist in this new timeline. It sucks but it's what's been said.

This is one of the reasons I'm sticking with the book. I figured it's the only place to find out. I don't want Booster's "tool" schtick to be his actual M.O. anymore but just an act that only the Batmen were oblivious to since they knew the truth. That was one of the best things to come out of 52 and it will suck if it's been so clumsily undone. I know Ted's death was a big part of it but it was so much more than just that so I don't want to see that angle completely gone.

Agreed. When Batman told Guy Gardner that he knew Booster would be a good leader it kind of felt like Batman was eluding to the fact he knows Booster is actually a great hero who has saved the timeline more than anybody can count. Plus it's written by Jurgens who, with Norm Rapmund, had such an amazing run on the Booster Gold book. I'd also hate for all that awesome history for the character and the build up he got in 52 to go to waste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"