Justice League New Animated Series

Discussion in 'Justice League World' started by bigdaddy313, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

The character designs are subpar and the stories, due in no small part to time constraints, are very simplistic. I'll keep watching just because it's the JL, but it hardly feels like a must-see show.

2. brainchild81 THE MASTER BUILDER

It's quite awful

3. CLARKY Registered

Actually the animaton's kind of weak too. I have the impression to watch an anime where everything glides or pops, but nothing really anim-moves. :(

Actually, since JLAction isn't oriented toward anything less than silly plots, I think they should totally do some fan service. I've waited a long time for a keaton/bale/conroy/bader/clooney/adams crossover episode. Even if it's only 10 minutes, action packed fan service. It would be very fun.
    I also dreamt of a 10 minutes version of burton's batman or schumacher batman, within the JLAction cartoon. Fanservice again.
    I suppose that it would at least be more watchable than empty plots full of punches and hits and ups and downs.

4. Panthro Team Language

I find "Action" to be an entertaining diversion. It may not be super deep and complex but it's good relaxation viewing.

5. Mistah K88 Registered

You know... I DON'T hate this Justice League Action series. To tell you the truth it reminds me a bit of Batman: the Brave and the Bold, without throwing Batman in every episode....Heck maybe even the original Teen Titans cartoon (which had its FAIR share of silly/stupid episodes)..

It's fun but not in a way that it insults your intelligence....than again I suppose after the way superhero cartoons have been in these past few years (especially with DC)... I guess it's a breath of fresh air

6. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I FINALLY got around to catching this... It's operating under too many constraints, time and apparently the conceit of combining the tones of Brave And The Bold and JLU. Great to hear Conroy as Bats again, but Supes and WW are voiced a bit generically with no real character. Still... It can be fun enough for what it is.

7. Panthro Team Language

Agreed.

Am I the only one who thinks Superman's voice actor Jason J. Lewis sounds like Tim Daly?

8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I think the reaction here so far seems... Hopeful ambivalence?

9. signalman Registered

I thought the last episode was the best of the series so far.
    Clark and Diana on a date.
    Repulse trap.
    Hawkman.
    James Woods voicing Lex Luthor.

10. atomicbattery Registered

Very distressed by the tone here! Particularly regarding the design of the show.

Justice League Action is a showcase for the brilliant and beautiful work of the great Shane Glines, who stands alongside Bruce Timm and Darwyn Cooke as the trinity of absolutely indisputable cartooning geniuses from '90's WB animation.

On the story side, it's also got a bunch of tales by the great Paul Dini.

Please friends, educate yourselves (searching 'Shane Glines Cartoon Retro' would be a good start), and then come back and beg forgiveness!😉

11. Lantern Venom Lego SUCKS

Rage of the Red Lanterns was pretty funny. I'm looking forward to Say Orange and Forget Me Not, but I'm resigned to this show only achieving mediocrity.

12. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

I don't know why we can't a straightforward JL series like the old one..

13. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

WB needs to branch outside of CN, they would be better for it.

14. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

Why do you think they just created their own streaming service for TT and YJs3? :cwink:

15. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

[YT]e6VcNYj5uEA[/YT][YT]vWqN3dMaG1g[/MEDIA][YT]egJwkG6-QcU[/YT]

16. Ericzeb1982 Registered

17. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I had trouble sleeping last night, so I was up surfing cable. On my ON DEMAND I found this show (it has all but 2 of the episodes listed on IMDB) and I have been watching them. I'm about half way through them all and I'm having a good time watching them. I like the variety of heroes and villains....the animation is good....and the stories are fine.

18. eon001 Registered

I'm binging the show now. (About 5 eps behind), And I've got to say, the show in ****ing awesome. :ilv:

It seems to have a perfect balance of action, comedy, and even some heart and story/character development. (The Booster Gold episodes are a surprising stand out.)

I love how each episode is short enough for the creators to take chance's with lesser known DC characters like Space Cabbie and Roxy Rocket. And we get to see multiple appearances from personal faves like Lobo and Constantine.

19. ObserveCreative Registered

[YT]g7rK4AD1NtQ[/YT]

That was so hilarious. Gotta love Mark Hamill!

20. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

The Justice League Action DVD has been released yesterday as it's the first volume of the 1st season.

21. ObserveCreative Registered

New short is up... Party Time!

[YT]u4rbSCtJefc[/YT]

22. CLARKY Registered

Didn't the last episode hint at a continuity with the GL tas story line or am I dreaming awake ?!

23. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I've never seen this series, but this web short...

... sounds pretty cool!

24. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

Second half of the season (and the series) is coming out in a couple of months.

Aya vanished after that show, and it's never said where. For all we know, she was banished to this show's universe.

#74 GamerSlyRatchet, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018