The Amazing Spider-Man Keep the ORGANICS or WEB SHOOTERS???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to buy into this debate, but I'd just like to point out that a physical impairment can just as easily create suspenseful moments. Examples:

1. The loss of Luke's hand in the Empire Strikes Back.

2. Broken leg in the Karate Kid, and its remake.

3. A gunshot wound in just about any action movie.

So are the mechanic webshooters confirmed? I think it looks something like them in the set pics.

I'm thrilled about the mechanical webshooters. They add so much depth, I can't understand people who say it's an insignificant part of the character. Organics are just too convenient and severe of a transformation to throw in with the rest. Mechs have more to contribute, they have a bigger story behind them. They add a sense of value, limitation and occasional inconvenience which is closer to real life. It adds another layer to the science fiction theme that is a huge part of the character. Parker is a genius, but I have always credited the mechs creation in part to the superior scientific progress in spidey's world compared to our own. It's not like Parker lives in our world and comes up with webshooters out of no where, he lives in a world where Reed richards is a house hold name.

BUT- if it were up to me, Parker would sweat out a vital ingredient for the web fluid. After discovering this he'd synthesize a bacteria to produce it for him. Cultivate it in his closet for a few days, add some adhesives, coagulants, some gax to disguise the formula and possibly cause some dissolving. And there you go, a simple explanation for Parkers exclusive access to web fluid.

I always thought the 1990s cartoon offered a decent theory for the web fluid in the episode "Make A Wish"; Spiderman assumes the spider bite gave him knowledge on how to experiment with specific enzymes in order to make web fluid.

Yeh it's simple enough but I think they could get more technical. Spiders don't really have that kind of knowledge, but with todays technology we can (if we wanted to) make a human generate spider silk from a pre-existing gland.

Sooooo we know that he going to have a "device" to shoot webbing that Emma confirmed.So it's Web-Shooters. I really don't think that hose big 3in cricles on his wrists are part of the web shooters i think they are just for the stuntmen.But even if they are (which i highly doubt) what do you guys think they will look like? Any ideas?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
This is a subject I've never really been bothered with, but I do think him having web shooters is more awesome and another way to try and make the reboot different from the original films.

The costume sucks, but the mechanical shooters is kinda cool. I guess we'll see how this plays out in public. I'm wondering how much the people who don't know the comics, know that Spider-man always had mechanical web shooters.

Probably not, but they won't care one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"