The Amazing Spider-Man ORGANICS SUCK!!!! (A Tribute Thread)

Hey guys, I just checked up on this thread because I was bored, and realized that a lot of you replied to a post I posted. Since I am an idiot, I didn't come back to this thread to reply to you guys, so I'll just do it now.
@UltimateWebHead- good point, Dr Tactics pretty much addressed it for me, saying that it would narrow down the search for Spider-Man, and even though it would probably happen in real life, I don't think it would be realistic in a movie universe just because it is a movie and you would just have to suspend your disbelief.
@OrgasmicPotatoe- Yeah, in the school fight I think they should have made it so that there was a power outage caused by the Lizard or something so then maybe people might buy that there weren't any working cameras in the school, even though the cameras might have run on battery. Other times he took off the mask I was ok with, like when he was trying to save the kid in the car.

They explained that early on back in the 60's. The webshooter has an adjustable nozzle that controls how the webbing flows.

Yeah but.. One moment he's shooting strands to swing from and suddenly le wild net webbing appears. :huh:

My rant on why I loathe organics:
The spider's spinneret is an external organ that is connected to glands that, when necessary, CAN and WILL produce silk that contains a spider's reproductive cells. I don't think I have to tell you what it's most functionally similar to on a human male's body.
Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that for some reason, spinnerets developed in your wrists. Spiders rarely if ever fire silk at high speeds. They trail it behind them.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that spinnerets developed in your wrists, and for some reason, the shot silk 300+ feet. Why in the name of God would they be activated by the ASL love sign? Really now.
Oh, and organic weblines? That's almost pure protein. There's a reason spiders eat their webs after a day or so. And seeing as how Ramiverse Parker didn't go back to devour the webbing he had been swinging on earlier, he must be eating UNBELIEVABLE amounts of protein off-screen. I mean, either that or he'd be severely malnourished. I want his recipe for protein shakes.
Sorry if these points have already been made. I was too lazy to go and check if somebody already said this, and just wanted to put in my two cents.

The spider's spinneret is an external organ that is connected to glands that, when necessary, CAN and WILL produce silk that contains a spider's reproductive cells. I don't think I have to tell you what it's most functionally similar to on a human male's body.
Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that for some reason, spinnerets developed in your wrists. Spiders rarely if ever fire silk at high speeds. They trail it behind them.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that spinnerets developed in your wrists, and for some reason, the shot silk 300+ feet. Why in the name of God would they be activated by the ASL love sign? Really now.
Oh, and organic weblines? That's almost pure protein. There's a reason spiders eat their webs after a day or so. And seeing as how Ramiverse Parker didn't go back to devour the webbing he had been swinging on earlier, he must be eating UNBELIEVABLE amounts of protein off-screen. I mean, either that or he'd be severely malnourished. I want his recipe for protein shakes.
Sorry if these points have already been made. I was too lazy to go and check if somebody already said this, and just wanted to put in my two cents.

amen

Actually the Spitting Spider shoots webs from its fangs

well its not its 'butt' which everyone mentions....spiders dont have fingers either so how does spider-man stick to walls???

Its called suspension of belief

I think Brackets point was that the spinneret acts more like a penis than a butt.

Spider-Man's entire body can cling to walls. Not just his hands and feet, let alone his fingers. Now, I'm not sure about the science, but I've seen spiders cling to walls, even windows with their hands/feet/legs whatever you want to call them.

The point about the location on a spider's body was Brackets smallest one. Can you refute the rest?

I was actually talking about how it functions. It seems to me that the human body would probably adapt an existing organ than create entirely new ones.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. Like you said, that was my smallest point.

No need to speculate, we've already put a spider's silk producing gene into goats. It comes out the nipples.

Thing is, spiders don't have webshooters. They have spinnerets. Webshooters mold fluid into complicated strands, nets and projectiles that are fired long distance, unlike anything on a spiders body. Producing silk is one thing, but wrist bound webshooters are just too convenient and effective to not be the product of design.

It'd be like getting DNA from a fly and then growing a propeller.

Disclaimer: I prefer mechanics to organics, BUT that doesn't mean I hate the organics.

That being said, you are right inasmuch that It's incredibly unrealistic that a human body (super powered or otherwise) could produce that much webbing without Peter consuming an outrageous amount of food. However it is equally unrealistic that a compact wrist-web shooter would be able to hold even a couple web lines in one of those little capsules, never mind enough for him to swing across the city and then do battle with.

I'm not going to say "It's a movie about a guy who WALKS ON WALLS, what did you expect?" because I hate that argument, but no matter how you look at it, the web shooters will always be nothing less than completely unrealistic. Either way, organics or mechanics, you have just suspend your disbelief and focus on the story and characters; the things that actually matter.

I dislike the organics because, They're organic. Web-shooters show off peter's intelligence (even though I hated that they made him a skateboarding punk-rocker who happens to be smart in TASM). plus they look cool. That. Is why I hate organics :)

Isn't the webbing organic in Amazing? If he based it off an Oscorp design that used real spider silk-and we never once saw a cartridge, or even a trigger for that matter. And he never ran out. Not to mention the fact that he didn't even invent them; Oscorp did.

I think we did see the cartridge when he was building the web shooters in his basement, in the same scene when the webbing blew up in his face. Also, we get glimpses at the shooter itself like when he does a hand stand on the building. I think there is enough information for us to assume that there are triggers on the web shooters. Although Peter didn't invent the formula for the webbing, he still created the web shooter from watches, which still shows that Peter is a very intelligent kid.

There's no triggers. He never takes the webshooters off at any point (proven several times) so I think we'd notice a trigger. And a cartridge would run out at some point, which also never happened. I also find it weird that Oscorp is perfectly willing to sell the components of its unique design, which can be easily purchased by an unemployed teenager who two weesk ago couldn't buy a quart of milk. And wasn't the whole point of using mechs to see the web fluid Peter invented?

Triggers.
the-amazing-spider-man-web-shooter-3d-concept.jpg

AmazingSpider-ManWebShooters.jpg

the-amazing-spider-man-movie-image-close-up-600x283.jpg

And yes, you're right, his cartridges probably would have run out at some point. With that said I'm sure he also had to use the bathroom at some point too and we never saw that either did we? Also his webshooters were destroyed twice, meaning he had to take them off to make repairs.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it never happened.

Also I was under the impression they created the biocables solely for the purpose of selling them. Is this not a multi-million dollar business? They need to make a profit on something don't they?

Illustrious Var pretty much covered it, but I just want to say again that we did see cartridges when he was first making the web shooters. Also, the web fluid isnt the entire point of him having web shooters. I mean sure, I'm still a little disappointed that he didn't invent them, but he still invented the shooters themselves, which was probably no easy task.

Last edited:
Illustrious Var pretty much covered it, but I just want to say again that we did see cartridges when he was first making the web shooters. Also, the web fluid isnt the entire point of him having web shooters. I mean sure, I'm still a little disappointed that he didn't invent them, but he still invented the shooters themselves, which was probably no easy task.

That's the thing right there. I know lots of brainy type people but none of them could whip up so much as the web shooters on their own. As for the webbing in TASM, it's not like he COMPLETELY stole it. He piggy backed on someone else's work and developed his own web. That still takes a highly intelligent mind to pull off. Never mind that mind belongs to a teenager with the resources of his basement science kit.

There's no triggers. He never takes the webshooters off at any point (proven several times) so I think we'd notice a trigger. And a cartridge would run out at some point, which also never happened.

Considering you seem to hate this take on the character, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at your complaints and the things you've missed.

He wore fingerless gloves and often had his sleeves pulled past his wrists... which was to hide the... you guessed it, webshooters.

A piece of expository dialogue that you seem to have missed is that it's also stated that a "single pellet can store several hundred feet" of webbing... and there's not just one pellet rolling around in those cartridges (which have been aptly referred to as pellet chambers in the viral stuff). So if there's about 100-200 pellets in a cartridge and a single pellet can store around 300 feet of webbing... you do the math.

Peter could have only reloaded once in the entire movie and from what Oscorp states the Biocable cartridge can store, he would have been just fine.

*liked organic*

and if it didn't take away from the movie (which it didn't) then i see 80 percent of this thread is just to be picky.....

Last edited:
You think we're being picky because we prefer them, I think it's silly that anybody can prefer organics over mechanicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"