The Amazing Spider-Man Keep the ORGANICS or WEB SHOOTERS???!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will have Raimi's name on it. I don't think they'll want to disgrace themselves with that.. :o

3. It is a good plot device. But to be fair, Raimi did that in SM2. He couldn't produce webs and it worked great. So there really isn't a difference here. I also don't want this to be overused. I don't want to see him running out of web fluid every single movie.

I went further than that. He couldn't use his Webs, Climb Walls or Jump distances.. Frankly he lost all of his powers and you're trying to compare that to just running out of webfluid in a fight?? Really??

I went further than that. He couldn't use his Webs, Climb Walls or Jump distances.. Frankly he lost all of his powers and you're trying to compare that to just running out of webfluid in a fight?? Really??
Running out of organic webbing is the exact same thing as running out of synthetic webbing. No one correlated losing all of your powers to running out of web fluid. I said both were plot devices, and they are. It creates a scenario in which the hero must overcome.

Has it ever been revealed what species of spider bit PP? If it wasn't a web spinning spider, this would finally put an end to this timeless argument. I'm extremely pro-organic too.

this movie better have mechanical web shooters and spider tracers in this movie

Has it ever been revealed what species of spider bit PP? If it wasn't a web spinning spider, this would finally put an end to this timeless argument. I'm extremely pro-organic too.

In the original comics, a spider lowered itself from webbing through the radiation. In Raimi's movies it had webbing.

Running out of organic webbing is the exact same thing as running out of synthetic webbing. No one correlated losing all of your powers to running out of web fluid. I said both were plot devices, and they are. It creates a scenario in which the hero must overcome.

But you have too. In the comics when he ran out of Fluid he still had all his others powers to not be so vulnerable to attack, and he can still improvise so though running out of webfluid is the same, nothing else can be compared and thus can't be judged equally as simply "This was done already". He (Raimi) took it much further. So in this movie if he runs out it'll be more like the comic situation than the Raimi situation. We can agree to disagree on this one

But you have too. In the comics when he ran out of Fluid he still had all his others powers to not be so vulnerable to attack, and he can still improvise so though running out of webfluid is the same, nothing else can be compared and thus can't be judged equally as simply "This was done already". He (Raimi) took it much further. So in this movie if he runs out it'll be more like the comic situation than the Raimi situation. We can agree to disagree on this one

I think you agree with me but you want to prove a point about Raimi doing something wrong in your opinion.

I wish he would have gotten bit by a trapdoor spider and all he did was wait in a hole for hours on end until a bad guy walked by.

Well alright then. Web spinning spider DNA + Peter Parker = Web spinning Peter Parker :up:
Except the spider lowered itself using webbing extracted from it's abdomen.

So if you're going for realism, Peter would shoot webs from his belly button or spine.

Organics don't make sense in any way even though they're supposed to be a more believable origin.

Spider genetics wouldn't give a human super agility or super strength without giving your arms and legs the same physical appearance as a spiders (it's the exoskeleton and size that provides strength and speed). The spider sense is impossible. And the webbing wouldn't come from your wrist.

Last edited:
Not really.:dry:

Johnny Storm is the leading cause of global warming
The Thing has hardened, calloused orange skin
Hulk's huge member should be well defined in those skin tight shorts
Iron Man pees in his suit and can drink it after distillation
Wolverine has metal knives protrude from his body while blood from the wound is on his claws and dripping on the ground
The Silver Surfer is completely naked except for a speedo
The Lizard likes to run around in poop water and doesn't wash his hands
Sandman can form into tiny grains of sand and part of him could end up in your nose or other places the sun doesn't shine
****...look at half of the costumes these people wear and tell me they aren't creepy.
I would gladly accept most of those conditions over having spider insides. That is just sick.

Every time he shoots his webs we are reminded of his genius:huh: HAHA that is hilarious. Because everytime in the comics I see him shoot a web I automatically think, wow...he is a brilliant kid.:dry:
Yeah the webbing is the best example of how Peter's nerdiness is essential to being Spider-man.

It's the same exact thing. Running out of webbing is running out of webbing. There is no difference in running out of organic or synthetic. It's the exact same plot device. He runs out, he has to modify his fighting and improvise. Nobody wants to see him run out of webbing every single fight in every single movie or be constantly reminded that is an issue. How lame would Batman be if he always ran out of gadgets? How lame would Wolverine be if he could only use his claws x amount of time? It's a great plot device once or twice.
No it's not the same. Peter running out of organic webbing it would be like a time limit on Wolverine's claws. Peter running out of synthetic webbing is like the Punisher running low on ammo when facing an gang of enemies. The former is a physical handicap the latter is an ammo issue that most gun welding heroes face at some point.

Plus it's easier to create a suspenseful moment with ammo than it is a physical handicap. John McClane looks down and comments that he has one clip left before going into a room full of bad guys. You can do something similar with webshooters but not organics.

I am not against organics or mechs...both can work in whatever story is being told. I mean ****, lets make this more realistic and Spider-Man just carry around a gun with a tranquilizer in it. That would save him a lot more time and trouble.
Webbing has alot more possibilities for transport, air battles, and armored villains.

Last edited:
Except the spider lowered itself using webbing extracted from it's abdomen.

So if you're going for realism, Peter would shoot webs from his belly button or spine.

Organics don't make sense in any way even though they're supposed to be a more believable origin.

Spider genetics wouldn't give a human super agility or super strength without giving your arms and legs the same physical appearance as a spiders (it's the exoskeleton and size that provides strength and speed). The spider sense is impossible. And the webbing wouldn't come from your wrist.

This is true, the only reason he shoots them out of his wrists is b/c it makes it easier to swing around from. That's a legit reason to deviate from realism. It's the whole "well if he runs out of synthetic web fluid, won't that be super kewl during a battle with Doc Ock or somebody!?" No, it wouldn't. Do Cyclops' eyes just stop working sometimes?

As for Spider-sense being impossible, it's been proven that spiders notice vibrations in the air so they're able to scurry away seconds before your shoe or a natural predator hits them.

This is true, the only reason he shoots them out of his wrists is b/c it makes it easier to swing around from. That's a legit reason to deviate from realism. It's the whole "well if he runs out of synthetic web fluid, won't that be super kewl during a battle with Doc Ock or somebody!?" No, it wouldn't. Do Cyclops' eyes just stop working sometimes?

As for Spider-sense being impossible, it's been proven that spiders notice vibrations in the air so they're able to scurry away seconds before your shoe or a natural predator hits them.
The spider-sense is pre-cognition.

If there's a hidden bomb near Spider-man his spider-sense will go off. A hidden bomb doesn't vibrate so detecting it is pre-cog and organics could not explain this.

But Spider-man webshooters are better than just some basic weapon. Mechs are what a spider would resort to if it were trapped in a human body. There's a parallel between nature's ingenuity (a spider's web) and human ingenuity (technology/chemistry).

But what seperates Captain America and Spider-man from the mutants of Marvel Universe. They have trademark weapons that are specially suited for them. You take away their trademark weapons and they're just like another generic mutant.

And thats sorta my point. Take away their weapons and they can just swamp out. Hawkeye can use Captain Americas shield very well. He could be Captain America. Spiderman in daredevils costume is just as effective as daredevil. My point is I like characters like Spiderman having a trait that is apart of them. A trait that isn't interchangeable. I guess I like the Superman thing. When Clark Kent wakes up he is already Superman. When Peter Parker wakes up he is a low level psychic with superhuman strength. His web crawling abilities are described as being like super static. I don't want a simulation of a spider. I really liked the powered up spiderman in the comics. Minus those stingers, everything was cool.

And the Spider-Light was awful too. What was the point of it? Oh, and mechanical web-shooters should be used.

It's always funny when people call something a plot device, and intend it as an insult.

As long as it's not over done, it's a damn good plot device.

To have a handy dandy spider-tracer would be so awesome, only he didn't have one in USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"