Keith_v's Fan Art

Hope you enjoy, or at least don't hate it :p

Just purchased your baby. I should be getting it on Friday. I'm in the middle of a Game of Thrones book right now, but it'll be in the queue after that.

Hope you enjoy, or at least don't hate it :p

Just purchased your baby. I should be getting it on Friday. I'm in the middle of a Game of Thrones book right now, but it'll be in the queue after that.
Thank you! Yeah I just yours and it's good! I'm enjoying it.

I listened to the Game of Thrones series on audio and those books are massive. Each book gets progressively longer, but my God are they great. I think the series peaked with the third book. Fourth was a slog and the fifth had some nice moments. Oddly, I'm one of the few who didn't enjoy the first book too much. It took me like a year to continue the series after the first, and by the time I was about a couple hours into the second book, I was fully in its grasp.

Second ad my novel. I'd like to get around another 2 or 3 out there before Halloween (link to the book is in my sig) The intention was for this ad was to look like an old magazine ad, but I think it came out more like an old movie poster. I'm okay with that. Not quite what I wanted, but I think it gets the point across. The photo is by me. Same free typeface as the last ad. Stock textures to create the distressed look. It shows you the mileage you can get with a single photo, some nice type, and a whole lotta photoshopping.

53209442092_cc15c02153_c.jpg

NO TRESPASSING
a horror novel in five tales

available HERE

Looks great. Welcome back Keith
Thank you! It's great to know this community is still around and kickin'.

Some new scifi retro illustration I recently finished. I've been tinkering with different art styles. Since the advent of AI "art", it's kinda been a wake up call in terms of the art I always aspired to create. I felt the best way to go was in the opposite direction.

53220909413_1fbdbb1491_c.jpg

Rough sketch of a Spiderman redesign I've had bouncing around in my head for a few years. It's still early yet. I sketched it on paper and made some edits in Photoshop. Next up will be final sketch and then inks and colors. Or maybe graphite shading.

53245291854_3b7b119251_c.jpg

NO TRESPASSING
available
HERE

The last of the 4 Halloween themed ads...

53288786937_2c6a76f9a0_c.jpg

NO TRESPASSING
available
HERE

I'm about halfway through, and I'm digging the creatures. It's like the Resident Evil Zero baboons meets Fluffy from Creepshow. Though I gotta say, one thing was said that was so scary it's sat with me all day: the suggestion of a Mambo Number Five ringtone.

Just typing that out made me shudder :p

That looks really good.
Thank you! I had a very different idea in mind, but it was one of those things that it seemed the more I did, the worse it looked. I eventually went for a less-is-more approach.

I'm about halfway through, and I'm digging the creatures. It's like the Resident Evil Zero baboons meets Fluffy from Creepshow. Though I gotta say, one thing was said that was so scary it's sat with me all day: the suggestion of a Mambo Number Five ringtone.

Just typing that out made me shudder :p
Thank you! Creepshow was a huge influence on the story, both in the style of Fluffy, and the fact that I first saw Creepshow on a recorded VHS back in the late 80's/early 90's, and that is the era so much of the book is drawn from. The other big influence on those creatures is the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror that parodies Nightmare at 20,000 Feet. That little monkey monster.

I've played a bunch of Resident Evil games, but I can't seem to picture the baboon monsters. I'll have to look them up.

Scary pumpkin :D

Very effective ad :up:
Thank you! Of all the pumpkins I've carved, that one is my favorite. I love doing simple designs like that, but my wife always wants me to go more elaborate. I tired to do a graveyard scene this year, and, well, it looked... okay, I suppose.

Thank you! Of all the pumpkins I've carved, that one is my favorite. I love doing simple designs like that, but my wife always wants me to go more elaborate. I tired to do a graveyard scene this year, and, well, it looked... okay, I suppose.
Good work. :D I’ve never personally tried this but my sister did some for my nieces this Halloween and they were surprisingly decent.

Btw I like the whole ad, the book cover is cool and goes well with the background, plus the pumpkin is a great bonus. :cool:

I hope it does well. :up:

Good work. :D I’ve never personally tried this but my sister did some for my nieces this Halloween and they were surprisingly decent.

Btw I like the whole ad, the book cover is cool and goes well with the background, plus the pumpkin is a great bonus. :cool:

I hope it does well. :up:
Thanks! It's been an uphill battle to get people to read. Amazon hasn't been making it easier. Neither has Google. Last few years, there's been lots of restrictions places that only go to hurt self publishers. Even little things like not being able to buy a kindle book with the Amazon app on your phone. It doesn't sound like much, but boy does that dig into sales. Add to that the AI tidal wave that's hitting. They've have to retinker all the categories and book classification systems in an attempt to slow down the AI garbage.

looks great!

how's your other story faring?

looks great!

how's your other story faring?
Thank you! Do you mean the novel? It's going okay, getting an alright number of readers through Kindle Unlimited. I've found that the best marketing is to simply release new stories. New books tend to attract new and repeat readers.

Fun piece of concept art I just finished. I still haven't seen The Batman, but this was partly inspired by the snippets of its interpretation of Gotham I've seen, mixed with the general mood of some Call of Duty games.

53640986486_809bb25393_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"