Keith_v's Fan Art

It took a little longer than I wanted to post some new stuff but I've been hard at work for the last months working on a book project about digital painting. It's a massive project so I'm going to be taking it to Kickstarter. Here's a couple of paintings from the book...

23187503734_440111f3d0_c.jpg

23815629555_c238c238c8_c.jpg

Here's a time lapse video of the robot painting that I did...

[YT]BYq9_JZeByY[/YT]

And one for the Frankenstein painting...

[YT]GdLN5QrjYr4[/YT]

This is sweet, great design

Thanks! I did that pic for the book about digital painting I'm working on. I should have a Kickstarter for it soon. It's a beast of a project. I'm looking to have both the and supplement that with several video tutorials detailing how the paintings are done.

Holy moly, I didn't realize it was so long since I've posted some pictures. I've done some new stuff since then. Still tossing around that idea for a book project but it's been changing a lot lately.

31144046408_5cccbbc8ea_c.jpg

31169119848_d7c5982d0f_b.jpg

44095089164_5956001ddf_c.jpg

Been too long. My first comic related piece in a while. Minimalistic Dark Knight poster...

i dont know why the pictures not showing up but i went on ur website ur art is amazing

Hi Keith, your artwork is really amazing! Great imagination and advanced skills you have what program are you using? Your creativity is really interesting too! :D

i dont know why the pictures not showing up but i went on ur website ur art is amazing

Thank you! Some of the early pics probably won't show up due to the hosting sites being long gone I'd imagine. Honestly, I'm shocked there's as many pics as there are still in this thread. Feels like I uploaded many of them ages ago.

Hi Keith, your artwork is really amazing! Great imagination and advanced skills you have what program are you using? Your creativity is really interesting too! :D

Thank you! I've used a bunch of programs in the past, but now it's pretty much just traditional pen and pencil and then Photoshop. Sometimes I'll use Krita (an awesome free painting app), but lately I've been trying to streamline my process, even to the point that I'm trying to do everything with photography, only relying on painting for minimal edits.

Been too long. My first comic related piece in a while. Minimalistic Dark Knight poster...

who knew you'd be spot on with the colors for the new film?

It's been another long stretch. Not a ton of new art since I last posted, but I'll showing off some new pics soon. Kinda want to get back into superhero art, too. I've been looking at old 80's sci-fi art lately, and it's starting to make me want to dive back into superhero redesigns.

In the meantime, I'd been busy writing. I put out my first novel in April, and I just finished putting together the paperback (no easy task, formatting a paperback is serious business). I've been toiling away marketing material for the book, which I'll be rolling out through October. If you like horror novels, you can check out the book HERE.

Here's the first of the ads I put together. I used my own images with a few stock elements to spice things up.

53193610212_24cd1cb982_c.jpg

It's been another long stretch. Not a ton of new art since I last posted, but I'll showing off some new pics soon. Kinda want to get back into superhero art, too. I've been looking at old 80's sci-fi art lately, and it's starting to make me want to dive back into superhero redesigns.

In the meantime, I'd been busy writing. I put out my first novel in April, and I just finished putting together the paperback (no easy task, formatting a paperback is serious business). I've been toiling away marketing material for the book, which I'll be rolling out through October. If you like horror novels, you can check out the book HERE.

Here's the first of the ads I put together. I used my own images with a few stock elements to spice things up.

53193610212_24cd1cb982_c.jpg

Congratulations! Indeed formatting is not an easy task, nor is it quick. I'm doing the final touches on my #2 book and it didn't feel any easier than the first :/

Congratulations! Indeed formatting is not an easy task, nor is it quick. I'm doing the final touches on my #2 book and it didn't feel any easier than the first :/
Right! You'd think there'd be about 50 different programs with built in templates for paperbacks. The ebook was tedious enough, but the paperback was a nightmare to put together. I used Google docs, which made it even harder as it doesn't support mirrored margins, so every page had to have the margin set manually.

I've heard Atticus software is supposed to be great, but I didn't really want to spend $140 on new software. Maybe in the future.

What's your book called? I'm interested in checking it out.

For formatting, I went with Vellum, which handles both ebook and paperback formatting. It was like $200, but I think it was worth it. I use Scrivner for the basic writing, but I didn't like how it exported ebooks. Unfortunately, Vellum is only available on Macs.

My first book is called Graveslinger, and its follow-up is Wrath of the Worm Wraith. It's a horror-action-thriller series with a monster hunter on various supernatural hunts. She's basically my James Bond/Indiana Jones in that I have the same hero in different stories per book (film), but I get to play with horror/monsters instead of spy/archeology.

For formatting, I went with Vellum, which handles both ebook and paperback formatting. It was like $200, but I think it was worth it. I use Scrivner for the basic writing, but I didn't like how it exported ebooks. Unfortunately, Vellum is only available on Macs.

My first book is called Graveslinger, and its follow-up is Wrath of the Worm Wraith. It's a horror-action-thriller series with a monster hunter on various supernatural hunts. She's basically my James Bond/Indiana Jones in that I have the same hero in different stories per book (film), but I get to play with horror/monsters instead of spy/archeology.
Nice! I just picked up the first book and pre-ordered the second. I'll start giving it a read this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"