Kena: Bridge of Spirits

FlatIdealisticBoaconstrictor-size_restricted.gif

I thought this was a 2022 game.

does anyone know if there is going be a collector's edition available for preordering this game?

I still have a huge backlog on Ps4 that I need to get through on my Ps5, but this is my most anticipated game of the year so I'll pay a little extra upfront for it if a special edition will be limited

does anyone know if there is going be a collector's edition available for preordering this game?

I still have a huge backlog on Ps4 that I need to get through on my Ps5, but this is my most anticipated game of the year so I'll pay a little extra upfront for it if a special edition will be limited
Sadly, it seems it is only digital to start. So the two options on the PS store, is all we have at the moment. They did say if sales go well, we might get a physical edition down the line.

Sadly, it seems it is only digital to start. So the two options on the PS store, is all we have at the moment. They did say if sales go well, we might get a physical edition down the line.
What??? No physical release at ALL?

Man that makes me so sad. I wanted to support this company and pay full price for a collector's edition but if it's digital only as weird as this sounds it makes me wanna just wait to buy it then. With a physical copy at least I'll already have it even if I don't play it right away, plus I'd have whatever goodies came with the collector's.

For the digital it'd just take up space on my hard drive.

What??? No physical release at ALL?

Man that makes me so sad. I wanted to support this company and pay full price for a collector's edition but if it's digital only as weird as this sounds it makes me wanna just wait to buy it then. With a physical copy at least I'll already have it even if I don't play it right away, plus I'd have whatever goodies came with the collector's.

For the digital it'd just take up space on my hard drive.
It's a double edge sword. The only way we get the physical release, is if enough people buy the digital one. :thf:

It's a double edge sword. The only way we get the physical release, is if enough people buy the digital one. :thf:
You know what, fxck it. I'll get the deluxe edition, since that's like the digital equivalent of a collector's edition, right?

If I love it which I think I will, I'll double dip and buy a physical collector's edition too. Bugsnax is only available digitally and I didn't have to pay for it because of psplus, but I told myself I would buy it physically for Ps5 once it's available just because I loved it so much & wanna support the devs.

Edit: forgot you can't curse on these forums

Thats crazy that there's no physical release (well rn). The only time I would abandon physical games is when PsiX comes out without a disc drive.

November.

Reviews tonight at 9 PST, it seems.

Last edited:
So far the gameplay is smooth, but the rendered non gameplay footage needs a patch. There are some bad jitters and stutters at parts in the cutscenes, and I'm even seeing jitter and stutter in the little tutorial footage that pops up sometimes to demonstrate new powers moves etc. Im playing on PS5, but Ive heard this reported from PC players as well.

Also non gameplay footage seems to be capped at 30fps even in Performance mode. Going from smooth 1.77:1 60fps gameplay to 2.35:1 30>fps cutscenes is jarring. I hope they can smooth that out some with a patch.

Last edited:
The reviews are pretty good looking forward to playing this. I was going to play this last night but for some reason it wouldn't work. I then reinstalled the game and it worked but it was getting late. For some reason the digital soundtrack will not work though.

Another EGS exclusive... I'll have to wait a year to play this.

Really enjoyed this. Gorgeous to look at, fun gameplay, and the various stories you follow during it I thought were all a lot of fun. Unfortunately they patched the exploit allowing you to get the Master Difficulty trophy the night before I finished, so now I actually have to do it for real to get my platinum :o

I really want to keep playing this game but I've had this frustratingly tedious walking animation glitch since launch, where Kena's walking animation stutters and stops periodically. It's so jarring to be moving from point A to B like a stop motion animation haha.

Apparently they patched the problem last week but still hasn't been fixed for me so I'll have to keep on waiting I suppose :/

Picked this up a couple weeks ago and finished it the other day, absolutely beautiful game, the spirits stories were all very well told, especially Taro's, and the combat provided a good challenge without feeling unfair (that said, not touching master difficulty with a ten foot pole). Ember Lab is definitely a studio I'm gonna be keeping an eye on.

Every month or so I go back to this game to check if they've patched out that weird walking/animation bug and nope, still very jerky. Very annoyingggg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"