Kevin Conroy Appreciation Thread

Milu

Batterson J. Manford III
Reaction score
I can't believe this thread hasn't been made yet.

We have a Mark Hamill appreciation thread, so I felt it necessarry to make one for Kevin Coroy, arguably the greatest Batman voice of all time.

Now appreciate :batman: !

Kevin Conroy will always be Batman to me. Michael Keaton did an excellent job, Christian Bale surpassed even that, but Kevin Conroy will never, ever be topped for me. I grew up hearing his deep voice come out of that cowl, and to date his is the best Batman portrayal period.
The first run of TAS, before they switched over to The New Batman Adventures, is a sheer lesson in perfection. From comic to screen, Batman never looked so good, nor acted so clearly like himself. And 85% of that is directly due to Kevin Conroy.
His Batman voice had such range in TAS, he could be 'Batman REALLY angry' and he could be 'Batman sad' within seconds of each other. His Batman voice was like a second skin that he just put on and wore. All the other voice actors I've heard when they use a 'Batman' voice, they only have a limited range of emotion that they can use when playing Batman. Usually its just from 'semi-angry' to 'really angry'. Kevin Conroy could do so much with his voice, and that quality certainly showed.
So heres to Kevin Conroy, the man who's been playing Batman for longer than anybody else, and who in my book will always be the one and only Batman.

kevin_conroy.jpg

kevin_conroy.jpg

Best batman in my oh so humble opinion... and what a good time to start this thread since hes been cast as batman again in 'Batman: Gotham Knight'...

22.jpg

Don't worry, you will be seeing him in gotham knight anime, he is voicing batman once again.

i never realized how truly fantastic he was until i watched JL: New frontier last week.

Jeremy Sisto may have the WORST batman voice i have ever heard. god was it awful.

Kevin Conroy will always be Batman to me. Michael Keaton did an excellent job, Christian Bale surpassed even that, but Kevin Conroy will never, ever be topped for me. I grew up hearing his deep voice come out of that cowl, and to date his is the best Batman portrayal period.
The first run of TAS, before they switched over to The New Batman Adventures, is a sheer lesson in perfection. From comic to screen, Batman never looked so good, nor acted so clearly like himself. And 85% of that is directly due to Kevin Conroy.
His Batman voice had such range in TAS, he could be 'Batman REALLY angry' and he could be 'Batman sad' within seconds of each other. His Batman voice was like a second skin that he just put on and wore. All the other voice actors I've heard when they use a 'Batman' voice, they only have a limited range of emotion that they can use when playing Batman. Usually its just from 'semi-angry' to 'really angry'. Kevin Conroy could do so much with his voice, and that quality certainly showed.
So heres to Kevin Conroy, the man who's been playing Batman for longer than anybody else, and who in my book will always be the one and only Batman.

I agree... I as I'm sure we all did, GREW UP WITH Conroy as the bat!

Keaton was the best live action Batman... Bale was very good... Kilmer was eh okay I guess! I won't even acknowledge Mr. Clooney!

PART OF THE REASON HE was so great is because well 1 he's a great actor... 2 well it was a voice job & he didn't have to measure up as a live-action Batman!

3. Bruce Timm & Co. knew what they were doing! They were the closest to the comics that Batman has ever come!

it's because he's juliard trained!

AT JULIARD THEY DO INTENSE VOICE TRAINING!

Don't worry, you will be seeing him in gotham knight anime, he is voicing batman once again.
I wasn't aware of this. :applaud

Conroy's work as Bats was incredible.

On YouTube, there's a clip of Conroy acting in Matlock. For some reason, I got a vibe from him that reminded me of Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne. After watching it, I was convinced Kevin Conroy could've played Batman in a live action feature if he bulked up more.

I met him when I was little at the con in Chicago, he put me on his shoulders and I got a picture, also next to Paul Dini. :up:

this is great news about conroy voicing in the new animated tie-in to dark knight. can't wait!

I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Conroy at a signing at a WB store. It was right before the release of Return of the Joker. He was very humble and very polite. He genuinly had an appreciation for the fans and a love for the Batman character. It was a great experience.

Well we get to hear him voice Bats again in the new anime.

i never realized how truly fantastic he was until i watched JL: New frontier last week.

Jeremy Sisto may have the WORST batman voice i have ever heard. god was it awful.

As much as I like NEW FRONTIERS, you have no idea how much I got slammed by others for a statement very similiar to yours.

Sisto's rendition was quite lame. :whatever:

CONROY IS BATMAN!

I've been watching a lot of Batman Beyond lately and I'm really impressed with Conroy's older version of Bruce Wayne. If you watch TAS then Beyond he really did a good transition from a young to old Bruce.

My boyfriend and I totally agree! We both grew up watching TAS and that will always be THE Batman voice for us. The way he can change from the Bruce Wayne and Batman voices is really spectacular. He should've played Batman in the recent Batman movies! The way Christian Bale does the Batman voice just kills us...

Let's hope he follows in his old friend, Mark Hamill's foot-steps and comes back to voice a character that he is very fond of.

I mean if they got Mark Hamill to play the Joker and Paul Dini is writing it... then surely they will strive to get Kevin Conroy to play Batman in the new video game Batman: Arkham Asylum.

I feel conroys best times are in batman beyond and his original batman series

his elder bruce quite clearly comes across as aman who has lost touch with humanity and was somewhat forced into retirement by his body's portrayal of him. Very Very sad.

in batman:tas, he was able to separate his bruce and batman persona's with a whim and play bruce light and batman dark and opposite. Something he no longer did in future eps.

I'm trying to fnid a line that he delivered perfectly. it'll probably be the one at the end of rebirth when he welcomes tim to the batman fold.

'Welcome to my world'

that and this from the episode shriek

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/beyond/episodes/shriek/03myname.mp3

Last edited:
No matter who portrays Batman in a live action movie or other type of media, Kevin Conroy's voice is the one I hear when I read a comic. He brought an intensity and a high level of intimidation which goes far beyond anything we've seen.

There is no doubt that he has created a live legacy of the Batman mythos. He is and always will be the Batman for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"