World Kevin Conroy: A Thread of Remembrance and Appreciation

He will always be the voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman and arguably more iconic than any other person to play the character, live action or not. Shocking to learn he died and we will never get to hear his Batman again.

I was hoping we might get some kind of revisit of his incarnation with the DC restructuring going on. There was so much more that could have been done with his Batman, and the Legends incarnation should not have been his final showing.

Even after a night sleep, this still doesnt feel real.
No Celebrity death hit me as hard as Kevin Conroys.

I was introduced to his Batman voice, when i was 14 or so...and since then, Batman in the comics had a voice for me...his voice.
His voice followed me everywhere, wherever Batman was, Kevin Conroy was there.
But not just because of his work i was a fan, he was one of the few celebritys i enjoyed outside of their initial work.
I loved reading or hearing interviews, even if not batman related.
He was always so uplifting, so kind and genuine, never had a malicious bone in his body.
He kept his own struggles to himself to focus on making others happy, the kind of soul the world needs more of.

He isnt really gone, because every time i open a comic book, read a new adventure of Batman, his struggles, when he lifts up people and gives them Hope...it is Kevin Conroys voice that i will hear.

RIP Kevin Conroy

The Hype does not usually create individual threads for celebrity deaths, but considering Kevin's profound impact on all of us and the stories people are sharing, we thought it might be nice to honor him this way.

OH NO!!!! One of the saddest things to wake up to. Kevin Conroy was quite LITERALLY the voice of a generation and a BIG part of my childhood.

Rest In Peace, Batman.

giphy.gif

I had to use that as my avatar thanks

Damn damn damn, too many icons in lots of cultural areas has passed the last years. RIP, mr Conroy. Godspeed and thanks for your excellent work during these decades.

Random note: If this reprise (no idea if that's even an English word lol) episode of Cheers suddenly should appear on the telly, I'd be very emotional. Crap. And crap.

rnHaKyk.jpg

Another random but a very lighthearted note in all this dark and somber sorrow: Is this how Tara Strong actually looks? Good God and Bloody Hell, I'd no idea..

4QrFgkg.jpg

Last edited:
dang.. man oh man a punch in the childhood gut

its been a hot minute since I watched BTAS yet after all these years I can hear his voice in my head as i type this

may he Rest In Peace

(also eff cancer)

Last edited:
my copy of Mask of the Phantasm blu ray came with the other TAS era movie Sub Zero, I may watch that tonight, not as good as Mask but still good. Both came in the TAS box set all on BR and they look and sound great.

Batman%2BTBC.jpg

580a8ae1098317247a87f5ad18e2c393.jpg

Bat tissues for all my fellow fans here. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"