Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=17021

Lohan Has the Best Time with Knightley
Source: MTV
October 16, 2006

MTV reports that Lindsay Lohan has joined Keira Knightley ("Pirates of the Caribbean" films) in The Best Time of Our Lives, based on a screenplay written by her mother, the playwright Sharman Macdonald. John Maybury, who directed Knightley in The Jacket, will helm the feature set to go before the cameras in April, the week after Easter.

The Best Time of Our Lives revolves around Welsh poet Dylan Thomas, his wife Caitlin and the curious real-life incident in which childhood friend Vera Phillips (Knightley) and her eventual husband William Killick opened fire on the Thomas home with a machine gun and a hand grenade.

"It's a beautiful and amazing movie - a piece [that] takes place at the time of World War II," Lohan said. "I have a child in the movie."

The film explores the events that led up to the incident and its effect on the Thomas family - which moved soon after from its home in Wales.

While additional cast members have not been announced, Lohan was visibly excited about working with Knightley - whose character Lohan described as having an enigmatic relationship with her own.

"[Keira] is older than me, but she kind of has a mysterious relationship with my lover," Lohan chirped. "And then there's somewhat of a lesbian undertone."

Sounds reasonably interesting

A lesbian undertone, eh? If only Elisha Cuthbert was in this movie instead of Lohan.:(

Keira Knightley :up::woot:

135554_keira_knightley_imagenet.jpg

Lindsay Lohan :down:(
lohan16qc.jpg

Seriously...how does anyone find her even remotely attractive?

I don't find either attractive or good actresses.:o

I was interested in the movie until Lohan signed on, oh well.

O'Haire said:
I don't find either attractive or good actresses.:o
She used to be moderately cute but now she's just tainted and off putting.

Don't know if I'll be seeing this film or not.

i'd hit it... and so would you... anyone of you

This pattern is getting really old. The announcement is made: "(insert actress) and (insert actress) will be in a movie together!"

Then the boys who read it have to go change their underwear, and get on the board and talk about how they just know the ladies in question will be lesbians :whatever:

Keira has a beautiful face, hair, and especially eyes. Unfortunately, she's as flat as a board on both sides. :csad: I'd still tap it like a keg though. :yay:

leave it to Lohan to promote your movie:

"Lohan says "Keira is older than me, but she kind of has a mysterious relationship with my lover and there's somewhat of a lesbian undertone. Somewhat...undertone...okay so nothing's going to happen and it's trying to lure all the sexually depraved film fans towards this idea. Well I for one am not going to...ermm". Too late Lindsey, too late."

leave it to Lohan to promote your movie. She just insulted have of the film's business.

Meh. I liked the Jacket, but that is indeed Knightley's weakest performance. I myself think Knightley is a very capable actress of extreme classic beauty (you don't have to have big T&A to be beautiful or sexy) and has proven time after time that she is more than just a face (Pride & Prejudice was a very fine adaptation and the performance garnered her an Oscar nomination for crying out loud).

On the other hand I find Lohan to be modestly talented (she was quite good in her small role in Prarie Home Companion, and I lovedh er song in that), but keeps making terrible movies and while occasionally cute has turned every man in the world off of her with her obnoxious party habits and extreme ditziness and public image.

Nevermind she isn't that talented to begin with. Add them in a movie together I am not sure but leave it to Lohan to take what is a "beautiful WII period piece" and promote it by saying "there are lesbian undertones."

Just checked that one off as another King Arthur mistake for Knightley then.

that's the problem we don't need lesbian undertones here, what we need is full blown lesbian tone.
:D
;)

DACrowe said:
Meh. I liked the Jacket, but that is indeed Knightley's weakest performance. I myself think Knightley is a very capable actress of extreme classic beauty (you don't have to have big T&A to be beautiful or sexy) and has proven time after time that she is more than just a face (Pride & Prejudice was a very fine adaptation and the performance garnered her an Oscar nomination for crying out loud).

On the other hand I find Lohan to be modestly talented (she was quite good in her small role in Prarie Home Companion, and I lovedh er song in that), but keeps making terrible movies and while occasionally cute has turned every man in the world off of her with her obnoxious party habits and extreme ditziness and public image.

Nevermind she isn't that talented to begin with. Add them in a movie together I am not sure but leave it to Lohan to take what is a "beautiful WII period piece" and promote it by saying "there are lesbian undertones."

Just checked that one off as another King Arthur mistake for Knightley then.
King Arthur was a mistake for all involved. Keira Knightley herself looked like a twig in that movie.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19646

Rhys & Murphy Join Lohan & Knightley
Source: Variety
March 30, 2007

Matthew Rhys will star opposite Lindsay Lohan and Keira Knightley in The Best Time of Our Lives, about Welsh poet Dylan Thomas and the triangle that formed between he, his wife and his wife's close friend.

Cillian Murphy also has joined the cast. Director John Maybury begins shooting in May in Wales. Capitol Films is financing and producing.

Lohan plays the role of Caitlin MacNamara, Thomas' wife. Knightley plays the role of Vera; Murphy, her husband.

Sharman Macdonald wrote the script.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=20028

Miller, Not Lohan, Has the Time of Her Live
Source: Variety
April 22, 2007

millerlives.jpg
Sienna Miller, and not Lindsay Lohan, will star with Keira Knightley, Cillian Murphy and Matthew Rhys in The Best Time of Our Lives, the John Maybury-directed drama which begins shooting in early May in Wales.

Written by Knightley's playwright mother Sharman Macdonald, the film is based on a rivalry between two women over the Welsh poet Dylan Thomas (Rhys). Miller will play his wife, Caitlin MacNamara, and Knightley plays his childhood friend Vera Phillips.

According to Variety, Lohan had long been expected to play the role of Caitlin, but she and the financiers couldn't come to a deal and she dropped out.

Rebekah Gilbertson is producing with Sarah Radclyffe. Capitol Films is financing.

I love Kiera, really...but she is literally the beast with two backs. :csad:

Now Lohan...I'm interested in seeing her in this R-rated Georgia Rule thing.

I was interested in the movie until Lohan signed on, oh well.

I know, me too. Sad part is, I used to think Lohan was a fairly capable actress . Now her name actually drives me away from movies. what happened, Linds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"