Superman Returns `Krrish,' Bollywood Blockbuster, Pummels `Superman' in India

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
WOW! The world really needs Superman (yah right)......:eek::down

`Krrish,' Bollywood Blockbuster, Pummels `Superman' in India

By Abhay Singh and Nabeel Mohideen

Aug. 22 (Bloomberg) -- A black-masked, overcoat-clad newcomer pounded Superman in India this summer.

``Krrish,'' the first movie about the namesake hunk of a do- gooder with supernatural powers, hit Indian theaters the week before ``Superman Returns'' in June. ``Krrish'' was still running as many as three shows a day six weeks after its debut. The re- entry of ``Superman,'' one of the globe's most popular superheroes, was down to one daily showing after five weeks.

``I was a little skeptical that Superman might hurt me, but fortunately it didn't,'' says Rakesh Roshan, who produced and directed ``Krrish'' and cast his son, Hrithik Roshan, as the well- muscled lead. ``In Hollywood, they make films with a budget of $250 million. I make a film with $8 million, and if I can achieve similar success with a small budget, it's a big achievement.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601088&sid=a_qfKvBFDcoY&refer=muse

LOL!!! "Krrish" - just sounds dumb.

"I cast my well-muscled son...." LOL!!

the thing that makes me sad is:

`In Hollywood, they make films with a budget of $250 million. I make a film with $8 million, and if I can achieve similar success with a small budget.
------

*No Wonder superman doesnt go to India, no one likes him there....

boywonder13 said:
the thing that makes me sad is:

`In Hollywood, they make films with a budget of $250 million. I make a film with $8 million, and if I can achieve similar success with a small budget.
------

*No Wonder superman doesnt go to India, no one likes him there....

All this tells me is that India sucks.

I don't get it...why would any of you think that Superman would beat a hero of Indian heritage in...India...

Showtime029 said:
I don't get it...why would any of you think that Superman would beat a hero of Indian heritage in...India...

:confused: But he is!!!

superman.jpg

:(

Showtime029 said:

Hrithik%20Roshan.jpg

As much as I enjoyed SR, I think this kind of action movie would give it a run for it's money here too.

That's the lead of Krrish, I think I like how Bollywood casts it's super-hero movies.

Showtime029 said:
You do realize who you're asking that of don't you?:)

Manhunter said:
Hrithik%20Roshan.jpg

As much as I enjoyed SR, I think this kind of action movie would give it a run for it's money here too.

That's the lead of Krrish, I think I like how Bollywood casts it's super-hero movies.

I remember seeing the teaser/trailer for Krrish and it looked pretty damn fun. I think it would actually do well here in the US but not sure if it would pull Superman Returns numbers, as ironic as that sounds.

C. Lee said:
You do realize who you're asking that of don't you?:)

I know, I know, it's almost as if I didn't have to even ask it.

Showtime029 said:
I know, I know, it's almost as if I didn't have to even ask it.
As with my answer...but it's what we do may pal....it's what we do.

I wonder if that thing will make it to the USofA on DVD...I'd like to take a look.

Bad Superman said:

Faster then a speeding NY taxicab...
Able to leap 7/11's in a single bound....
Stronger then a camel!

It's SuperIndianMan!
:up:

PS, I'm just joking and playing on stereotypes....Sorry

C. Lee said:
As with my answer...but it's what we do may pal....it's what we do.

I wonder if that thing will make it to the USofA on DVD...I'd like to take a look.

It will show up somewhere, no doubt. Online and/or DVD. I want to check it out. :up:

India should concentrate on making better tshirts:down

SpiderMarc said:
Faster then a speeding NY taxicab...
Able to leap 7/11's in a single bound....
Stronger then a camel!

It's SuperIndianMan!
:up:

PS, I'm just joking and playing on stereotypes....Sorry

Mencia??:confused: :mad:

man i like made a thread saying this would kick superman butt but it got deleted ARghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"