Kylie Minogue

Reaction score
Also known as the Queen of Charts in Australia and the UK. She is so far the only female artist (second artist overall) to have a, #1 album in five consecutive decades in the UK Albums Chart (from the 1980s to 2020s). In the UK Singles Chart, she's the only female artist to have a top ten hit in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s and 20s. She also has 8 number one albums in the UK (9, if her new album hits #1 neXt week), 7 number one singles in the UK and 10 number one singles in Australia. She's the most successful Australian female artist of all time with 80 million records sold worldwide.

Some of her singles include:
The Locomotion
I Should Be So Lucky
Especially for You
Hand on Your Heart
Better the Devil You Know
Word is Out
Confide in Me
Where the Wild Roses Grow
Some Kind of Bliss
Spinning Around
Can't Get You Out of My Head
Love at First Sight
Slow
I Believe in You
2 Hearts
All the Lovers
Into the Blue
Dancing
Say Something

She has appeared in the soap opera Neighbours, reality TV shows The Voice UK/The Voice Australia and films such as The Delinquents, Street Fighter, Moulin Rouge! and San Andreas which had her final line as a reference to her 2010 single.

Her siXteenth studio album, TENSION is out in CD, Cassette, Vinyl, Digital Download and Streaming, this Friday featuring the tracks, Padam Padam, Tension and Hold On to Now.

Last edited:
I remember I was in NYC when the Can't Get You Out of My Head video was playing somewhere I was at, it was new at the time. It was a weird video but in a cool, futuristic kind of way.

And of course as a kid that grew up in the 80s I heard Locomotion all the time.

I remember I was in NYC when the Can't Get You Out of My Head video was playing somewhere I was at, it was new at the time. It was a weird video but in a cool, futuristic kind of way.

And of course as a kid that grew up in the 80s I heard Locomotion all the time.
Locomotion was my favourite from the early Kylie years, and Can’t Get You Out Of My Head is my other favourite. That was a great way to launch her comeback. Both songs have a real X-factor to them.

You didn't mention others from her Disco album:

Say Something is probably the least Disco sounding track on that album.

Also her earlier song "Come into my World" has one of the cleverest videos: Multiverse Kylie?

Last edited:
I Believe in Magic but its not one of my favorite songs from her last album. Its like Wow, the public loves it but I think she has much better songs. Real Groove is amazing though and I wish it got a proper music video. Come Into My World is one of her classic songs and the video is such a throwback. I think I was 12 when it came out, and the video was so unique at the time.

I became a fan of Kylie Minogue when Can't Get you Out of My Head came out. I remember when I first saw the music video, at the same with Victoria Beckham's solo debut. At that time, I was only sorta familiar with her Light Years singles (Kids, Please Stay, Spinning Around). Then one day, a local music video channel, played all of her videos and I was so surprised she already had such a lengthy career and I was surprised she was the same person that released the Did It Again video (where the four identical women are fighting each other, which turned to be different eras of Kylie), I used to watch that when I was eight.

Since 2001, I have been keeping track of her latest releases and it amazes how she continuously makes music that are good and interesting. I feel like a lot of my favorites since the 90s have come and go but she's still here and 36 years later since her debut (I wasn't even born when Locomotion/her first album came out), she is still making music and snatching chart records. It is amazing to see.

Mustn't forget about Got to be Certain:

One of my favourite tracks from her first album.

And then there's 'Wouldn't change a thing'

Not really feeling the song 'Tension' right on the first listen. Padam Padam is better though, although really short.

She has an outstanding discography... banger after banger. Plus, a wonderful personality to boot.

She may not have the best voice in the world (although I personally quite like it), but she has undeniable star quality.

Not really feeling the song 'Tension' right on the first listen. Padam Padam is better though, although really short.
I stayed up this midnight just to hear the entire album. I liked both Padam Padam and the title track. Padam Padam is the superior single. It's her first top ten single in the Uk single since 2011. Given her age (55) and how long she's been in the industry, that was such an achievement.

Out of the 8 standard album tracks, I like Vegas High the most so far. Hold On to Now/Things We Do for Love are tied for the 2nd. Hands would be a lot better if its all Kylie. There's an uncredited singer in that track and she's very prominent in it, so in a way it lessens my enjoyment.

The oldest released track, 10 Out of 10 which was out before Padam is the weakest of the album. I haven't given the 3 bonus tracks much attention since I usually pay attention to the standard album tracklisting.

Over all, another good album from her. So far, its her highest rated album in Metacritic.

I didn't realise she was still releasing albums. Let me know which the best songs are and I'll look them up. :cwink: :up:
I think you probably heard her 2000s hits, so I'll just list from 2010s up to now, the ones I would recommend

Padam Padam (2023, her latest hit single)
All the Lovers (2010, this is one of my favorite songs from her)
Say Something (2020, this came out during the pandemic which was my soundtrack during that time)
Real Groove feat. Dua Lipa (2020, if you're into Dua Lipa)
Kiss Me Once (2014, title track of her 2014 album, its written by Sia, very sweet song)

Also, 'Confide in Me' is perhaps her most underrated track. Bliss... although I'm not sure the video really matches the atmosphere of the song.

I think you probably heard her 2000s hits, so I'll just list from 2010s up to now, the ones I would recommend

Padam Padam (2023, her latest hit single)
All the Lovers (2010, this is one of my favorite songs from her)
Say Something (2020, this came out during the pandemic which was my soundtrack during that time)
Real Groove feat. Dua Lipa (2020, if you're into Dua Lipa)
Kiss Me Once (2014, title track of her 2014 album, its written by Sia, very sweet song)

Most of the tracks from Disco were great: Magic, Real Groove, Miss a Thing,
Monday Blues, Fine Wine, Where does the DJ go? Etc.

By the way, I prefer Real Groove NOT feat Dua Lipa (ie the original album version).

Also other tracks from recent albums which are good are Get Out of my Way and Dancing.

Last edited:

Also I prefer Love at First Sight 1 (1988):

to Love at First Sight 2 (2001):

Last edited:
I remember always struggling with Love At First Sight in Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 because I'd get distracted by Kylie in the video.

I love Dancing (2018), Love at First Sight (2021), Step Back in Time, Miss a Thing and Hand on Your Heart.

Though Better the Devil You Know has to be her best single from the PWL phase. That is a timeless bop!

From the second album, Never Too Late is my favorite!

Her new album sounds 80s inspired, lush and pure escapism.

What a tune! If only I could go to Vegas (High) for her residency tour!

I don't think the Tension album is as immediately a standout as Disco was. For Disco, on first listen, the tracks were really strong.

One track that has caught my attention though is Green Light:

But that's because it is more similar to Disco. I'll have to listen to the others more.

I don't think the Tension album is as immediately a standout as Disco was. For Disco, on first listen, the tracks were really strong.

One track that has caught my attention though is Green Light:

But that's because it is more similar to Disco. I'll have to listen to the others more.

Thats actually my least favorite from the standard edition of the new album :astonished:

From what I've read its from the Disco Sessions. The saX and the visualiser are nice though.

Hoping this album goes to #1 in the UK. She's opening against Doja Cat but Kylie Minogue has an insane fanbase that will buy every variant. In 2020, she beat Little MiX to the #1 spot. It was intense!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"