Laptop Battery Life Maintenance - Help

Peacekeeper 2.0

Enema Of The State
Reaction score
I recently bought a MacBook Pro. It's awesome. However, when I ask people the best way to maintain a healthy battery on it, I get varied answers. Someone told me keeping it plugged in to the wall unit/charger is the best thing. A few other people told me that leaving it plugged in a lot is bad for the battery and will decrease how long it lasts when the computer isn't plugged in. A couple people have told me that I should let the laptop run on the battery from full charge until it turns off, at least once a week to keep the battery healthy. Not sure which of those are right so any assistance would be appreciated.

I've heard so many things...personally, I keep it plugged all the time unless of course I have to go somewhere or I'm not using it.

Maybe Wiki has answers?

Laptop Batteries...fun!
I have an HP Pavilion Laptop myself.

With older batteries, you didnt want to leave it plugged in all the time. Batteries of that nature developed a memory. If they were drained 75% all the time, then the battery would remember that 75% and then that 75% that would become the full 100%. Thus reducing the overall effectiveness of the battery.

Newer batteries dont do that as often. I would simply reccommend, draining it every once in a while completely just to make sure it doesnt develop a memory.

Mal

Malice said:
Laptop Batteries...fun!
I have an HP Pavilion Laptop myself.

With older batteries, you didnt want to leave it plugged in all the time. Batteries of that nature developed a memory. If they were drained 75% all the time, then the battery would remember that 75% and then that 75% that would become the full 100%. Thus reducing the overall effectiveness of the battery.

Newer batteries dont do that as often. I would simply reccommend, draining it every once in a while completely just to make sure it doesnt develop a memory.

Mal

:up:

jag

I once had a old batter that would drop from 54% to like 7% in under a minute :confused: :o :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"