• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Laptop Battery Life Maintenance - Help

Peacekeeper 2.0

Enema Of The State
Reaction score
I recently bought a MacBook Pro. It's awesome. However, when I ask people the best way to maintain a healthy battery on it, I get varied answers. Someone told me keeping it plugged in to the wall unit/charger is the best thing. A few other people told me that leaving it plugged in a lot is bad for the battery and will decrease how long it lasts when the computer isn't plugged in. A couple people have told me that I should let the laptop run on the battery from full charge until it turns off, at least once a week to keep the battery healthy. Not sure which of those are right so any assistance would be appreciated.

I've heard so many things...personally, I keep it plugged all the time unless of course I have to go somewhere or I'm not using it.

Maybe Wiki has answers?

Laptop Batteries...fun!
I have an HP Pavilion Laptop myself.

With older batteries, you didnt want to leave it plugged in all the time. Batteries of that nature developed a memory. If they were drained 75% all the time, then the battery would remember that 75% and then that 75% that would become the full 100%. Thus reducing the overall effectiveness of the battery.

Newer batteries dont do that as often. I would simply reccommend, draining it every once in a while completely just to make sure it doesnt develop a memory.

Mal

Malice said:
Laptop Batteries...fun!
I have an HP Pavilion Laptop myself.

With older batteries, you didnt want to leave it plugged in all the time. Batteries of that nature developed a memory. If they were drained 75% all the time, then the battery would remember that 75% and then that 75% that would become the full 100%. Thus reducing the overall effectiveness of the battery.

Newer batteries dont do that as often. I would simply reccommend, draining it every once in a while completely just to make sure it doesnt develop a memory.

Mal

:up:

jag

I once had a old batter that would drop from 54% to like 7% in under a minute :confused: :o :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"