LAST issue of 'Batman' and 'Detective' ?

Pfeiffer-Pfan

Cool Rider
Reaction score
Could someone clarify this for me... What way are you reading this?

Sorry if it's been brought up elsewhere... So according to Neil Gaiman:

"What can I tell you about the Batman thing? It is a two-parter, it’s being written by me, it’s being drawn by Andy Kubert. I’ve seen the first thirteen pages so far, and the artwork is absolutely lovely, making me feel almost guilty for putting word balloons on it. And my favorite bit so far is the conversation between Selina Kyle and Joe Chill.”

"It’s one of those things where they phoned me up and said, ‘This is what we’d like you to do.' It wasn’t even ‘This is what we’d like you to do,’ it was, ‘This is what’s going to be happening with Batman. Would you like to write the last issue of BATMAN and the last issue of DETECTIVE COMICS?’ And when they make an offer like that, you say yes.”

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/10/15/neil-gaiman-writing-batman-as-we-speak/

Ah, the well-awaited final ending to this series?

Is that what you imply this might turn out to be?

Definitely won't happen. Hopefully a new writer will **** all over Morrison's run, and call the last 18 issues a bad dream.

I've been worried that was going to be the case. A hiatus I would be fine with. Not killing the comics completely.

Definitely won't happen. Hopefully a new writer will **** all over Morrison's run, and call the last 18 issues a bad dream.
Would I be correct in hoping those 18 issues contain Batman and Son and Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul in all there suckiness?

Oh lord, do some people really believe DC will stop Detective Comics (hey, that's where they got their name from) and Batman, two of the longest running comic book titles ever?

Won't happen.

Hell yes.

They'll never cancel these books and according to the local comic stores there are absolutely NO immediate plans to change these titles at all.

I think Gaiman was just talking out of his ass.

Geesh it's like some of ya never read comics or something. I could be wrong but it seems like 'tec and Batman will be renumbered after "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" meaning we will have a new BATMAN #1 and Detective Comics #1. Similar to what DC did twice with the main Superman book. Not that the brands will be wiped out of existence forever just that they will no longer exist as we currently know them.

I never liked the way they occasionally revert to 'NO. 1' again...

It destroys all the milestones that the comic has had... especially Detective comics...

Well Superman went back to the original numbering back in '05 but yeah that was pretty much 19 years of a Superman vol. 2

I think at some point down the line it will revert probably whenever they bring Bruce Wayne back as Batman which should be a few years if they're really trying to follow the legacy aspect of other DC characters.

Would 'Tec go back to #27? Batman wasn't in the first 26 issues, so making it a new No. 1 would make no sense.

^^^why would it go back to 27? it would be a new series not a restart of the old one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"