The Return of Bruce Wayne

GM: To a certain extent, it's almost replacing the death of his parents. That's never going to go away, but this is giving him something else where Batman grows naturally and spontaneously out of something else after the death of his parents... That's what I like about it – the idea that Bruce Wayne just becomes Batman. You can't stop him becoming it.

Just a thought, what if, traveling thru time, Bruce winds up at the time and location of his parents murder, his memory now fully restored, he watches as his parents and his younger self leave the theater, but nobody shows up to kill them, if they dont die, batman will never be born, he is forced to make a life changing decision, and kill. What if the reason Batman never found his parents killer, is because Bruce Wayne killed Bruce Waynes parents..... (it would also be interesting to see how he handles Hurt when he returns)

Darn it... I bought Return of Bruce Wayne 1 and 2 and regretted it ever since

GM: To a certain extent, it's almost replacing the death of his parents. That's never going to go away, but this is giving him something else where Batman grows naturally and spontaneously out of something else after the death of his parents... That's what I like about it – the idea that Bruce Wayne just becomes Batman. You can't stop him becoming it.

Just a thought, what if, traveling thru time, Bruce winds up at the time and location of his parents murder, his memory now fully restored, he watches as his parents and his younger self leave the theater, but nobody shows up to kill them, if they dont die, batman will never be born, he is forced to make a life changing decision, and kill. What if the reason Batman never found his parents killer, is because Bruce Wayne killed Bruce Waynes parents..... (it would also be interesting to see how he handles Hurt when he returns)
I remember Morrison addressing this issue and he said that Bruce will get his full memory after his parents' murder so it'd be too late to stop it then.

I actually love the idea that bruce could wind up killing his own parents, memory or not, or the event could fully trigger the return of his memory. Obviously something massive has to happen to conclude the arc

I hope it ends with a bang, because the first two issues just haven't done it for me--except the artwork.

While I didn't hate the artwork in the second issue, I certainly didn't love it either. I had a hard time telling who was who. Damn pilgrim hats.

I'm not really loving it. I like it that they're bringing back Bruce but thats about it. Every issue I just feel a little like...GET TO THE POINT!

I'm not really loving it. I like it that they're bringing back Bruce but thats about it. Every issue I just feel a little like...GET TO THE POINT!

Well, they are getting to the point. They are showing his journey through time and HOW he comes back. Are you reading Time Masters Vanishing Point? If not I would highly suggest in picking that up and it will explain why the "Return of Bruce Wayne" is a big deal. If you have...then re-read it. :oldrazz:

I've been enjoying it as he drifts in certain time periods. However, the most recent issues, # 4, was a little lackluster to me. It just didn't seem to have the energy of the previous three issues. However, when it comes to Grant Morrison's storytelling this may be one of those issues where I appreciate it more once all the issues are out and I go back for a non-stop re-read.

It was cool seeing the Batman/Jonah Hex duel, even though it was extremely quick. Wished that we had a little more of a battle between the two.

I liked issue 4 a lot actually. One reason is Morrison showing balls and having his silent western stranger archetype actually remain silent for the totality of the issue. The other of course is how meticulous it all was. It ties in so many loose ends in this epic Batman arc (Batman & Son, Black Glove, RIP, B&R) so far. The easter eggs sprinkled all over were brilliant and yeah will seem rewarding in the future for those who couldn't see them clear enough now.

I guess I'm just not fond of the different time period stuff. Its just all a little dull to me. The last issue was the best though imo.

351eexv.jpg

mmph13.jpg

2l8z1w1.jpg

11hx9w9.jpg

50smep.jpg

:awesome:

How anyone can find this dull is beyond me. Dull is telling the same old grim dark, overly serious Batman stories over and over.

Man. I just picked up about sixth months of comics trying to catch up. I don't consider myself a stupid man, but sometimes I don't know what the hell is going on lol.

Yeah this last issue kinda has me going "ABUUUHHH???":huh:

Anybody read the Commissioner Gordon one-shot? I thought it was pretty good.

Anybody read the Commissioner Gordon one-shot? I thought it was pretty good.

Tha art was great but all of those issues were so uneventful I'm glad I just bought the B&R one and read the rest. The resolution to the long running Vicki Vale subplot was so transparent it read quite dull. It's like "OK last time Bruce really really thought of telling her but in the end never did" during the Alan Grant days, just like in the movie. So logically the only other thing to do is have Bruce admit to it and bam that's right where it went. Eh.

Well, with the help of Mr. Earle I picked up and read "Return of Bruce Wayne" and the beginning of "Batman, INC." today...

I can say that "RoBW" really did help fix all of the craziness of "RIP" but I still feel it would have been easier to have none of the Darkseid mess and just have Bruce go on a "journey" that they failed to do for "One Year Later". But, the Bruce as a Detective with Hurt stuff, Bruce as a caveman and the Pilgrim stuff were pretty epic. At least they had him go through not only history but the history of Gotham City and the Wayne family.

I can greatly say this "Batman, INC." is ****ing awesome though. I am actually looking forward to it and feel it isn't dumb. But, Bruce should have never came out as Batman's funder, that is the only downfall. Also, Damien is really awesome now, his relationship with Dick is pretty solid.

Even though Morrison has brought Batman's past from pre 1987 into canon, I do like that Kingdom Come is being forshadowed with the Batrobot army and the whole Red Robin thing for Tim.

I read the whole issue one, it was dull
Issue 2 was too dull I couldn't bear reading past page 7
And then I dropped the mini

I don't know what Aziz was on at that time, but I don't ever wanna touch that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"