Last Night In Soho

I have seen every Edgar Wright movie in theaters, even pestered him for a picture at New Beverly Theater in Hollywood, but was let down by Baby Driver. I know I’m in a minority on that opinion, but it didn’t work for me at all.

That’s how I felt about Scott Pilgrim, though it’s probably more the source material that I dislike than what Wright did with it. That film has aged terribly since the decade it came out. Baby Driver I enjoyed more, but his best films are definitely his British ones, the Cornetto trilogy.

That’s how I felt about Scott Pilgrim, though it’s probably more the source material that I dislike than what Wright did with it. That film has aged terribly since the decade it came out. Baby Driver I enjoyed more, but his best films are definitely his British ones, the Cornetto trilogy.
IMO his best works are Hot Fuzz, Scott Pilgrim, and Baby Driver. Scott Pilgrim is my personal favorite and I watch it at least 3 times a year. I really like The World's End, but do feel that it isn't the same "adventure" those three are. I understand the intent and that is partly why it is that way, but it just doesn't hit me in the same way. I have honestly never really liked Shaun of the Dead that much. It's definitely rather good and I guess if his other work hadn't come out, I'd probably like it a lot more. But it lacks the energy and the pure "cinema" quality of the others imo.

Very excited for this film, and It's great to see Anya Taylor Joy get more stuff. I'll admit, i've only seen Shaun of the Dead and Baby driver. I've seen half of Hot Fuzz, but I'll probably finish that soon.

That tease looks nothing like your usual Wright fare. Reminds me more of Refn.

Definitely giving me Suspiria vibes, which I don't have a problem with.

Starting to get the feeling this will be my favorite Edgar Wright film. The plot synopsis is already so intriguing.

IPziCWE.gif

I just realized... this is Dame Diana Rigg's final performance, and it's going to be almost a full year since her death that it finally releases. :csad: Hopefully it lives up to the hype and is a fitting cap to an iconic career.

I'm loving the colors and the neon aesthetic. Can't wait to see what Wright whips up with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"