• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law & Order: Hate Crimes

Lol, this is going to be such a well-intended hot cluster**** of a concept. The L&O series has hardly been a bastion of knowledge, nuance and subtlety with respect to most minority groups and the LGBT community; this will be like putting Paul W.S. Anderson in charge of a Paul T. Anderson movie.

I get the intent, but don't the original Law & Order and SVU touch upon hate crimes on occasion already?

This kind of reminds me of when Criminal Minds did an episode about ex-gay conversion camps. You could tell they were trying to be progressive and all that, but their lack of knowledge about the subject and their reticence to really explore the subject deeply really made the episode cringey, even by the standards of Criminal Minds. The L&O franchise, always trying to cater to the soccer mom crowd, will do an even worse job of dealing with hate crimes, I fear.

It'll be back. Smollett's cool again now, 2 days community service and forefeiting a few grand means he's in the good graces. Maybe he can do a guest-appearance or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"