Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by Thread Manager, Oct 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KevTravels

KevTravels Well-Known Member

Its kinda funny that Sarah is the only 1 who gets laid.

Doesnt Rory get laid?? What about ole Ray Palmer?

2. Dr Lee

Dr Lee Insert interesting quote here

I don't think Mick's had a single remotely romantic scene in the entire show....

3. igoogol

igoogol Well-Known Member

Legends isn't a soap opera or the love boat. 2 pairings is more than enough, thank you.

4. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

True dat. We've yet to see most of the others have any real romance..

5. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Sara's sexuality isn't the problem, it's the writers overuse of it. Ray & Kendra had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes, Kendra & Carter had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes. Heck, Sara gets more tongue action that Nate & Amaya seem too. There's no need for it.

Sara's in a relationship with another woman. Great. We get it. We don't really need to be reminded about it every episode.

6. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I think they're doing that because they're building up a plot line which involves Ava, so they need to establish the relationship first. They'll build it up then break it down.

7. Flash525

That may be the case with Ava, but it isn't the case any other time that Sara needs to make out, or sleep with another woman.

8. Dr Lee

Did i have a post removed here?

9. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

That's my sentiments exactly. WE KNOW already, that she's Bi. No need to keep it in your face almost every ep.

10. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Who cares if she has a couple of kisses in each ep? I don't see how the few seconds it takes up is a problem.

11. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Well-Known Member

:whatever:

What's funny is, if this were a heterosexual relationship, your brain will train it towards "they're showing this relationship dynamic to show how it affects the rest of the show/character's motivations" which is happening RIGHT NOW, when you see Nate and Amaya's relationship.

12. Dr Lee

TBH, there's absolutely no difference between showing Sara having a relationship with a woman than there is showing the Nate/Amaya relationship. neither is being pushed in our faces every episode.

13. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

There is a running theme on all of these boards that a section of fans seem to have a real issue with romantic relationships in general being featured.

14. Dr Lee

There's only one issue i've had with the Sara-Ava relationship is that the moment they started really going down that route, Ava suddenly let half her hair down. just looked weird TBH

15. herolee10

herolee10 No More Miracles

Personally, my only issue with Sara is mainly on how this show feels like "DC's Sara and her Legends of Tomorrow" as opposed to being an ensemble show.

I wish they would portray the other legends in the same favorable light that they do with her, let alone allow someone else to be the one to deliver the final blow to a season's big bad.

16. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

No it wouldn't.. Its an action show, not a romance show.

17. igoogol

Yeah, it's like people ordering a burger and getting one the size of a quarter and the unasked for side salad is the size of their head, and then complaining about it. The nerve.

Legends is the only show that doesn't have this problem. There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  18. Flash525

Apparently you missed the Ray/Kendra/Carter stuff. :oldrazz:

It's the scenes themselves that somewhat bother me; Sara and Ava can't be in an episode together without a quick smooch, or that awkward tension being made obvious, whereas Nate & Amaya can - and have. If it isn't Ava, then it's some other woman that Sara manages to seduce. Barry & Iris don't always have akward scenes, neither does Ollie & Felicity, neither did Dinah & Vince, nor Thea & Roy, nor Joe & Cecile. Sara seems to be the exception, if not Sara, then any gay couple; Maggie & Alex, Paul & Curtis, and now Sara & Ava.

It's possible that I'm just looking into it a bit too much, but it certainly seems that the gay relationships (or in Sara's case, the Bisexual ones) are more pushed.

19. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

Exacept it's nothing like that, as for the second paragraph, if by healthy you mean unrealistic, then sure.

20. igoogol

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

21. Flash525

What is it that you were doing again? :whatever:

22. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

You're welcome. :sly:

23. igoogol

There are fans of Iris, the Iris show and all things Iris. Too bad the show is called Flash and not The Iris, and no amount of shoehorning is going to hide that she's not Flash. Interesting that pointing these things out bugs her fandom so much. And of course, a person who can't do anything without their S.O. or a S.O. who has no life outside of their partner is realistic. Creepy and pathetic but realistic.

Good thing this board is about Legends and not Flash. Also good that Sara/Ava and Amaya/Nate are nothing like toxic WA. Of course, should Legends turn into a soap opera or Ava of Tomorrow, I'll change my tune. Until then Legends is hands down the best supes show, and that's not just me saying that. :woot:

24. Flash525

As far as the four (or five - if you include BL) shows go, and despite my ... issues with Sara's character, Legends is by far the most fun of all the shows. I like Arrow too, because it's more dark and gritty and doesn't necessarily offer up the over-complication with superpowers.

As much as I watch Flash & Supergirl though, I find myself rolling my eyes quite a bit. I haven't really got involved with BL as much (yet) though from what I have seen, it currently comes across as ... samey. I guess we'll see how that one develops, because it's again different to the other shows.

25. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

Where i DO find them pairing up Nate and Amaya as 'sho****ned'.. BUT i do agree, it's great there's no hankey pankey with a love triangle, or worse..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.