Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its kinda funny that Sarah is the only 1 who gets laid.

Doesnt Rory get laid?? What about ole Ray Palmer?

I don't think Mick's had a single remotely romantic scene in the entire show....

Legends isn't a soap opera or the love boat. 2 pairings is more than enough, thank you.

True dat. We've yet to see most of the others have any real romance..

If you don't like the fact Sara's Bi... then there's an easy solution. Turn the TV off
Sara's sexuality isn't the problem, it's the writers overuse of it. Ray & Kendra had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes, Kendra & Carter had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes. Heck, Sara gets more tongue action that Nate & Amaya seem too. There's no need for it.

Sara's in a relationship with another woman. Great. We get it. We don't really need to be reminded about it every episode.

Sara's sexuality isn't the problem, it's the writers overuse of it. Ray & Kendra had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes, Kendra & Carter had a relationship which wasn't making out every five minutes. Heck, Sara gets more tongue action that Nate & Amaya seem too. There's no need for it.

Sara's in a relationship with another woman. Great. We get it. We don't really need to be reminded about it every episode.

I think they're doing that because they're building up a plot line which involves Ava, so they need to establish the relationship first. They'll build it up then break it down.

I think they're doing that because they're building up a plot line which involves Ava, so they need to establish the relationship first. They'll build it up then break it down.
That may be the case with Ava, but it isn't the case any other time that Sara needs to make out, or sleep with another woman.

Did i have a post removed here?

That's my sentiments exactly. WE KNOW already, that she's Bi. No need to keep it in your face almost every ep.

Who cares if she has a couple of kisses in each ep? I don't see how the few seconds it takes up is a problem.

That's my sentiments exactly. WE KNOW already, that she's Bi. No need to keep it in your face almost every ep.

:whatever:

What's funny is, if this were a heterosexual relationship, your brain will train it towards "they're showing this relationship dynamic to show how it affects the rest of the show/character's motivations" which is happening RIGHT NOW, when you see Nate and Amaya's relationship.

TBH, there's absolutely no difference between showing Sara having a relationship with a woman than there is showing the Nate/Amaya relationship. neither is being pushed in our faces every episode.

There is a running theme on all of these boards that a section of fans seem to have a real issue with romantic relationships in general being featured.

There's only one issue i've had with the Sara-Ava relationship is that the moment they started really going down that route, Ava suddenly let half her hair down. just looked weird TBH

Personally, my only issue with Sara is mainly on how this show feels like "DC's Sara and her Legends of Tomorrow" as opposed to being an ensemble show.

I wish they would portray the other legends in the same favorable light that they do with her, let alone allow someone else to be the one to deliver the final blow to a season's big bad.

:whatever:

What's funny is, if this were a heterosexual relationship, your brain will train it towards "they're showing this relationship dynamic to show how it affects the rest of the show/character's motivations" which is happening RIGHT NOW, when you see Nate and Amaya's relationship.

No it wouldn't.. Its an action show, not a romance show.

There is a running theme on all of these boards that a section of fans seem to have a real issue with romantic relationships in general being featured.
Yeah, it's like people ordering a burger and getting one the size of a quarter and the unasked for side salad is the size of their head, and then complaining about it. The nerve.

Legends is the only show that doesn't have this problem. There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's like people ordering a burger and getting one the size of a quarter and the unasked for side salad is the size of their head, and then complaining about it. The nerve.

Legends is the only show that doesn't have this problem. There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.
Apparently you missed the Ray/Kendra/Carter stuff. :oldrazz:

It's the scenes themselves that somewhat bother me; Sara and Ava can't be in an episode together without a quick smooch, or that awkward tension being made obvious, whereas Nate & Amaya can - and have. If it isn't Ava, then it's some other woman that Sara manages to seduce. Barry & Iris don't always have akward scenes, neither does Ollie & Felicity, neither did Dinah & Vince, nor Thea & Roy, nor Joe & Cecile. Sara seems to be the exception, if not Sara, then any gay couple; Maggie & Alex, Paul & Curtis, and now Sara & Ava.

It's possible that I'm just looking into it a bit too much, but it certainly seems that the gay relationships (or in Sara's case, the Bisexual ones) are more pushed.

Last edited:

Exacept it's nothing like that, as for the second paragraph, if by healthy you mean unrealistic, then sure.

There are fans of Iris, the Iris show and all things Iris. Too bad the show is called Flash and not The Iris, and no amount of shoehorning is going to hide that she's not Flash. Interesting that pointing these things out bugs her fandom so much. And of course, a person who can't do anything without their S.O. or a S.O. who has no life outside of their partner is realistic. Creepy and pathetic but realistic.

Good thing this board is about Legends and not Flash. Also good that Sara/Ava and Amaya/Nate are nothing like toxic WA. Of course, should Legends turn into a soap opera or Ava of Tomorrow, I'll change my tune. Until then Legends is hands down the best supes show, and that's not just me saying that. :woot:

Last edited:
Good thing this board is about Legends and not Flash. Also good that Sara/Ava and Amaya/Nate are nothing like toxic WA. Of course, should Legends turn into a soap opera or Ava of Tomorrow, I'll change my tune. Until then Legends is hands down the best supes show, and that's not just me saying that. :woot:
As far as the four (or five - if you include BL) shows go, and despite my ... issues with Sara's character, Legends is by far the most fun of all the shows. I like Arrow too, because it's more dark and gritty and doesn't necessarily offer up the over-complication with superpowers.

As much as I watch Flash & Supergirl though, I find myself rolling my eyes quite a bit. I haven't really got involved with BL as much (yet) though from what I have seen, it currently comes across as ... samey. I guess we'll see how that one develops, because it's again different to the other shows.

There are no tedious love triangles, no shoehorned love interest. Ava isn't hanging around because she has nothing else to do. Sara isn't whining constantly about Ava Ava Ava. Both they and Nate/Amaya have to be the most healthy relationships in the Arrowverse right now. Legends doing romantic relationships right.

Where i DO find them pairing up Nate and Amaya as 'sho****ned'.. BUT i do agree, it's great there's no hankey pankey with a love triangle, or worse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"