Legends of Tomorrow Legends of Tomorrow General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawkman is such a awesome character. Of course he will work in live action if done right.

Seeing how much Green Arrow changed for the better between Smalville and Arrow, I have no doubt Hawkman will go the same route.

Now we just need Oliver Queen and Carter Hall to show up in DCU.

It's classic no doubt. It's been his look since the beginning .... Minus the regular hood he had that one point in his early years. It's just not a look that I can see translating to screen well. When smallville tried it , just didn't seem to work. To wobbly and cumbersome . I mean you can keep the wings but just streamline it a bit. I guess something more similar to Hawkgirls look pre new 52 and the thanagarian look from the JL animated series starcrossed

That's because it wasn't a well made costume to begin with, it's not because there was a problem with the basic classic design. I believe they can pull it off if they try.

Hawkman is such a awesome character. Of course he will work in live action if done right.

Seeing how much Green Arrow changed for the better between Smalville and Arrow, I have no doubt Hawkman will go the same route.

Now we just need Oliver Queen and Carter Hall to show up in DCU.

He most definitely is, and if not a spin-off series of his own, atleast I hope he becomes a series regular eventually. This is such an iconic cult-favorite character who deserves more "mainstream" exposure!

.....and yeah, it'd be great to see Oliver and Carter go at each other verbally like in the comics.

I hope that they can make his "look," well look good. Hawkman's got one of those designs that doesn't translate well (at least not immediately) to live-action. I actually quite liked the Smallville take on him, but his costume still looked goofy as Hell. It's the wings I think, they're especially hard to make look good.

I hope that they can make his "look," well look good. Hawkman's got one of those designs that doesn't translate well (at least not immediately) to live-action. I actually quite liked the Smallville take on him, but his costume still looked goofy as Hell. It's the wings I think, they're especially hard to make look good.

I think his look should reflect a sense of an "outworlder", much like Thor.

Last edited:

Dominion can give them some notes. They've managed to make their angels' wings look and act fairly organic on a SyFy TV budget.

Dominion-Legion-SyFy.jpg

2006def74a96660bd002bde967a955aa.png

[YT]TVRz3jF8HXU[/YT]

That's because it wasn't a well made costume to begin with, it's not because there was a problem with the basic classic design. I believe they can pull it off if they try.

There were parts of Smallville Hawkman that really worked for me. I loved the whole Indiana Jones thing Carter Hall had going. I loved the look of the helmet . I just didn't love the look of the helmet being worn. I think it needs to be streamlined a bit. Less clumsy looking. I'm sure they will come up with something that works because they do not shy away from the source material to much . Also the bare chested look shouldn't be used here. There is a happy medium I know . Maybe with Smallville it was the costume design or maybe it was the actor who just didn't fit the costume .

Well, maybe the grey Hawkworld look would work. doesn't absoulutely have to be bare chested. I have seen Hawkman live three times (Legends/Adam West special, candy commercial,Smallville) Smallville was by far the best attempt. Doesn't mean these guys can't do better.

Dominion can give them some notes. They've managed to make their angels' wings look and act fairly organic on a SyFy TV budget.

Dominion-Legion-SyFy.jpg

[YT]TVRz3jF8HXU[/YT]
Much better than the Smallville version. I want to see Hawkman actually use his wings when flying.

Just imagine how awesome it can be on a blockbuster budget.

...this is also a way to go:

th

At the Grayskull: Masters of The Universe movie thread, someone suggested this guy for He-Man:

9c6b1e2c-ac99-49fb-b11d-fd120e4c432b_zps9e8a76f0.jpg

Sam Heughan(Outlander)

....well, if not He-Man, he'd be a solid fit for The Winged Wonder. He also played Batman in "Batman Live" show.
1318637345_batman-live.jpg

Dominion-Legion-SyFy.jpg

[YT]TVRz3jF8HXU[/YT]

Don't forget the wings from Constantine!

tumblr_ngg67cz7w71soet89o2_500.gif

Imogen_FallenAngel.gif

Never heard of him.

Yeah, in all honesty, I was hoping for a bigger name. So we might get a spinoff for the Hawks if this show doesn't work.

Dominion-Legion-SyFy.jpg

[YT]TVRz3jF8HXU[/YT]

Agreed! These types of wings would look sweet! Make them look more practical and organic looking ahead of all CGI.

Certainly looks the part.

Definitely looks the part. On that, it's more encouraging than Ra's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"