Legends of Tomorrow DC's Legends of Tomorrow Season 2 Episode 3: "Shogun"

I thought this on was an ok episode. I'm hoping Rip comes back soon.

Please give Ray a better suit and one that only works for him or something.

Don't know why he didn't put a bio metric or DNA scanning system on that suit . lol he's really would have needed that suit for the zombies . oy what timing .

Don't know why he didn't put a bio metric or DNA scanning system on that suit . lol he's really would have needed that suit for the zombies . oy what timing .

So was getting rid of the suit a ploy by the producers to save money on the flying, shrinking, and fire blast scenes? They hardly ever use Firestorm. Now Atom is gone too. Pretty soon they are all going to be basically Arrow.

So was getting rid of the suit a ploy by the producers to save money on the flying, shrinking, and fire blast scenes? They hardly ever use Firestorm. Now Atom is gone too. Pretty soon they are all going to be basically Arrow.
no that was their weird way of seeing/ exploring how'd Ray on the show would perform with out the suit. Alot of us from the fan base have been on this version of ray 's case cause he's too much like early days tony stark where he was overly dependent on the suit for every dealing with criminals and saving the day in general . ans tony had learn martial art's from captain America in later years cause it became growing problem where the villains would play keep away with tony and the suit.

he's not jerk like tony but that what's bother some about tv ray among other things .

back with dc
while in the books Ray palmer was bright man and was smart enough to learn jujistu and akido and another marital art. and was a capable man.

this version not as capable til he came to japan.

Last edited:
Yup, this show can't ever decide whether Ray is more Tony Stark or Ted Kord. you know what though, I like Vixen though. not sure about Steel.

ok...how come that ship didn't noticed a stowaway??

Or how did Jax not notice that the Professor got knocked out? Aren't they linked? You'd think he'd feel that his other half just got punched in the face.

Overall though, I thought it was an enjoyable Episode. Really liked Feudal Japan and it didn't look as horrible as some of the other time periods we've seen so far. But I don't know how I feel about the group just killing off historical figures, because they don't like them. They ended Tokugawa Iemitsu reign 10 years early. That's got to have some repercussions on history.

or better yet, ditch the suit and just go with a belt like in the comics.

I hope this is the last time we see Ray get captured and tortured for a while. It is getting a bit repetitive.

Nate Heywood looks great as Steel and when I see him in that form, I think of...Captain Atom!!

Yes, they must bring Captain Atom into Legends.

How sad to see the Legends being whipped by the JSA last week and got mostly whipped by Vixen alone.

Nah, have Captain Atom appear on Flash. He'd work great as a subplot there, with General Eilling continuing his efforts to create superhumans, and succeeding! . . . with someone who is too powerful and too ethical to fully control. He can then be an occasional guest star, sort of like ( 21st century ) Vixen.

What is Vixens infatuation with bears? She can go with any animal she wants yet she uses as her go to animal for some reason thus far.

When did she invoke a bear? I thought all the times she strengthed up she invoked gorilla?

( Which makes sense, since Africa doesn't really have any bears. )

Now we may have an idea where Rip Hunter is. I just hope the writers don't BS their way out of this in searching for him.

I wonder if this is going to turn out to be some way to deal with the dropped "Yeah, Earth is going to be destroyed by Thanagar" plot thread?

New suit for Rey incoming!:woot:

Or possibly a new belt. There is an undertone of "wanting/needing to be more than a man in a suit", and relying less on powered armor and more on skill supplemented with shrinking would fit that.

Because he's an idiot. I'd like to put it more kindly. . . but seriously. He's the stupidest supergenius in the Arrowverse.

That said, they really should be able to deal with zombies fine without him. Even without abusing Firestorm or Steel, they have a number of badass warrior types who should be able to kill as many zombies as you can provide.

Nah, not with them introducing Steel at the same time, whose got to be even more expensive. I think its there idea of a character subplot for him.

It surprised me, but this was my favorite episode of the season so far! I thought it would be the JSA but this was awesome!

When did she invoke a bear? I thought all the times she strengthed up she invoked gorilla?

( Which makes sense, since Africa doesn't really have any bears. )

I couldn't tell. But then all I have to say is: What is her infatuation with Gorillas? lol

The production designer for this episode could have at least put in more effort in making the Japanese setting look more authentic. Unless my knowledge of history is off, I don't think any man back in that period had a modern day looking haircut like the shogun had.

Also, I thought it was established back in Season 1 that once a person took the translator pill, they could understand and speak any language in the world for the rest of their lives. So why did Ray have to take it again?

And didn't Rip specifically state that they aren't able to travel back to time periods that they were involved in so why did Sara give a different reason to Vixen?

Because he's an idiot. I'd like to put it more kindly. . . but seriously. He's the stupidest supergenius in the Arrowverse.

That said, they really should be able to deal with zombies fine without him. Even without abusing Firestorm or Steel, they have a number of badass warrior types who should be able to kill as many zombies as you can provide.
there's no way around it when it's the truth . your being honest. their not as their former count parts before they new 52.

therealso what happening with marvel as where they were some smarter before the event's mid 2000's and now the lot of them Waring idiot's. but that's for another thread. but alot has happened where theymost heroes currently , aren't bright as used to be or in this case where the live action show's are involved these version of them aren't bright at all . when they should know better or idea's should have come to them along time ago.

Last edited:
And didn't Rip specifically state that they aren't able to travel back to time periods that they were involved in so why did Sara give a different reason to Vixen?

I think it was because the Legends actually weren't involved in that one particular scene. It was just Rex Tyler and Eobard Thawne alone in that room. So going back to that specific moment in time wouldn't risk them bumping into their past selves, which could cause a lot of problems with the timeline. So as Sara said, the real issue here was that they were dealing with a villainous time traveler (Thawne) who could always go back in time to repeat his murder of Rex unless the Legends can identify him and stop him.

Last edited:
I thought fox might be here favorite (and explain her name :word:).

But how scary is a fox, unless you make it 10 feet tall? And then it isn't really a fox anymore. Just some monster with the body design of a fox.

But how scary is a fox, unless you make it 10 feet tall? And then it isn't really a fox anymore. Just some monster with the body design of a fox.

I agree. So if she most often turns into a bear, call her "She-Bear" (not "Vixen"). :cwink:

The history of this bothers me. Tokugawa Iemitsu was a real person who most certainly didn't die by exploding armor. Ninjas didn't wear all black (particularly in the daylight like that). I realize these are minor things but the first one bothers me because such blatant screwing with the timeline should be thought about by these characters.

The history of this bothers me. Tokugawa Iemitsu was a real person who most certainly didn't die by exploding armor. Ninjas didn't wear all black (particularly in the daylight like that). I realize these are minor things but the first one bothers me because such blatant screwing with the timeline should be thought about by these characters.

That is in the real world. However in the DCCW verse things must have turned out like they should have.

Why? Because the Shogun was to marry and kill Katana's ancestor. There is not guarantee she had a child before he killed her so his death could already have been baked into the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"