Let's reverse it

Ultraviolet I can't see becuase the movie was so, so bad.
Same for Van Helsing.
Timecop, I'm told, was a comic.
I can't see ID4 b/c civilization was pretty much wiped out in hte movie; if they came back we'd have no defense.

Chris Wallace said:
Ultraviolet I can't see becuase the movie was so, so bad.
Same for Van Helsing.
Timecop, I'm told, was a comic.
I can't see ID4 b/c civilization was pretty much wiped out in hte movie; if they came back we'd have no defense.

Well, that's the beauty of comic books. The concepts for Van Helsing and Underworld weren't bad. It was the execution.

As for ID4, I was thinking more so of a limited series, or a graphic novel. I'm assuming that there was some alien tech left behind, or some might've survived entry into our atmosphere. I can see a struggle for that tech. Also, preparations for the next invasion.

What I had hoped to see in a sequel, were humans developing space ships based on alien tech, so that they could take the fight to the aliens.

I Thought The Concept For Ultraviolet Was Horrible; Van Helsing-take Away The Amnesia & There's Hope.
Your ID4 Idea Sounds Like Star Wars In The Milky Way.

Chris Wallace said:
I Thought The Concept For Ultraviolet Was Horrible; Van Helsing-take Away The Amnesia & There's Hope.
Your ID4 Idea Sounds Like Star Wars In The Milky Way.

Something wrong with Star Wars in the Milky Way? Sounds good to me. Just no Chosen Ones this time though.

I liked the idea of Ultraviolet. The hemophage/vampire element should've been played up more. And perhaps the super soldier stuff less.

I haven't seen the movie, and I'm basing my ideas off of what I've read about the flick, so I might be in error about the hemophage element getting short shrift.

But if it did, it shouldn't have. It could've been a reverse "I am Legend" type of story. Dealing more with the persecution of the hemophages. A hemophage/human war. And Violet is caught in the middle, torn between humanity-what she was & the hemophages-what she has become.

Off the top of my head... Start out Violet as a regular human, a soldier in the brewing war between humans and hemophages. She's captured, infected, and forced to work with the hemophages to stop the bio-weapon designed to destroy them. The hemophages are holding her son or something. The hemophages might've infected her son, or are threatening to, to make her turn her back on the government.

The elements are there for a great sci-fi, horror comic book.

spykids

ghostbusters (I have the comic and it's great.)

spaceballs

Harry potter (eh?)

DarKush said:
Something wrong with Star Wars in the Milky Way? Sounds good to me. Just no Chosen Ones this time though.

I liked the idea of Ultraviolet. The hemophage/vampire element should've been played up more. And perhaps the super soldier stuff less.

I haven't seen the movie, and I'm basing my ideas off of what I've read about the flick, so I might be in error about the hemophage element getting short shrift.

But if it did, it shouldn't have. It could've been a reverse "I am Legend" type of story. Dealing more with the persecution of the hemophages. A hemophage/human war. And Violet is caught in the middle, torn between humanity-what she was & the hemophages-what she has become.

Off the top of my head... Start out Violet as a regular human, a soldier in the brewing war between humans and hemophages. She's captured, infected, and forced to work with the hemophages to stop the bio-weapon designed to destroy them. The hemophages are holding her son or something. The hemophages might've infected her son, or are threatening to, to make her turn her back on the government.

The elements are there for a great sci-fi, horror comic book.
It wasn't like that at all. The super soldier angle lasted about 2 minutes. And it wasn't until about halfway through that the hemophages were revealed to be vampires, with no vampiric traits apart from the newly-exposed fangs, and no craving for blood. They seemed to have no idea what story they wanted to tell & they took too long trying to figure it out.

I Also Said That The Adaptation Of The Movie Itself Doesn't Count. Robocop Has Had A Mini Here & There But Never An Ongoing.

Well, considerin' they blew up th' aliens in ID4, a series would be impossible anyways.

Take that!

Okay, howabout Darkman? He's only had a mini or two as far as I know.

That Is All He Had; A Regular Series Might Get The Taste Of Those God-awful Sequels Out Of My Mouth.

Woah, woah, woah...3 was pretty damn good. Nowhere near th' first quality, but much better than 2. BTW, 2 was rushed into production 'cause dude who played Durant said he'd return. 3 was th' original 2. Little fun fact fer ya there.

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Okay, howabout Darkman? He's only had a mini or two as far as I know.

Always thought Darkman was a cool idea to build a comic, movie, or TV series around. It's a shame that the sequels weren't all that.

Chris Wallace said:
It wasn't like that at all. The super soldier angle lasted about 2 minutes. And it wasn't until about halfway through that the hemophages were revealed to be vampires, with no vampiric traits apart from the newly-exposed fangs, and no craving for blood. They seemed to have no idea what story they wanted to tell & they took too long trying to figure it out.

I'm glad I didn't see it now. But I probably will when it comes out on DVD. It's a shame that they couldn't pull it together. I still think it had the elements for a nice cult pic. Maybe even along the caliber of the Underworld movies.

They seriously need to make an ongoing james bond comic book...

If it was an ID4 series it should take place on earth like a clean up of the aliens who survived in their ships or something

Indiana Jones (if they haven't done one)
Near Dark
Willow

Chris Wallace said:
"Near Dark" needed some work.

Well if I was doing a comic series I would set it in the past where you would see the how the characters became vampires. As an ongoing series it has potential even though the movie was a little lack lustre but still enjoyable

Which Is Why I Said "...needed Work" Instead Of "sucked @$$!!!!!!!!" It had potential but failed to live up to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"