The Most Mismanaged Comic Book Franchise Adapted to Film

I'm going to throw in Catwoman. Here is a character that has existed almost as long as Batman. Was played to purr-fection by three different actresses in the 1960s.
Was the highlight of Batman Returns, proving so popular it launched her own successful comic book series with hundred of issues published. So when it came time to make a
Catwoman movie they hired a brilliant actress to play her and proceeded to make one of the worst movies ever by turning her into some magical being that didn't even have the
traditional name of Selina Kyle. Not only did it destroy the possibility of sequels, but it helped destroy the possibility of other female comic book characters getting their
own movies for years after that. And least Superman, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man were given more chances.

Fantastic Four? I'm not even a fan of that franchise in general, but while I generally like Fox's take on the X-Men aside from Origins and bits of The Last Stand, I think back to what was said on Red Letter Media when Mike said "The problem is that you cannot make a movie from the Fantastic Four." Sure, I'd wager the franchise would fare better in Marvel Studios' hands if they had the rights, but like Ghost Rider on Agents of SHIELD, the bar isn't exactly high.

MCU, obviously.
Same formula everytime.
Same safe movies.
Pirates of the Carribean.
Cause you know.. family friendly.

Not a great thing.
:oldrazz:

Fantastic Four. At least with X-men and Superman you get the occasional good movie. F4 has been garbage for FOUR movies now.

As much as it hurts to say, in terms of quality ratio decreasing, it's the original Superman films (1978-1987), to go from Donner's brilliance to Superman IV is quite an achievement of mis-regard and mis-treatment of one's property.

Gotta be Fantastic Four. I hope we get a movie I like with them someday (TBH the first one I think was decent though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"