Liberty Meadows

batnkevlar

Superhero
Reaction score
Who likes it? I think it's hilarious. One of my favorite comic strips.
Anyone have any good Brandy pix?

I've never been able to figure out exactly what's supposed to be the premise of all this - plus, (please do not throw rotten veggies) those chicks look kind of.... too plump to me. My opinion only.... Hefty, hefty, hefty.... hey, I have strict standards. :gg:

I really like Liberty meadows. I think it's written well, humorous and looks great. Despite the two female characters being buxom, you have to hand it to Frank Cho for keeping them proportionately realistic and not having them be skinny broads with nonexistent waists while still having humongous breasts. On top of that they're great characters, both intelligent, clever, witty with their own distinct personalities. In fact the entire comic is character driven, peppered by some very interesting and enjoyable characters, both human and anima alike. If you can get past the way Brady and Jenn look, I guarantee you'll have a fun read.

wallcrawl: "Despite the two female characters being buxom, you have to hand it to Frank Cho for keeping them proportionately realistic and not having them be skinny broads with nonexistent waists while still having humongous breasts."

You definitely have a point.... Cho is an excellent artist, no denying it. I've heard a lot of good things about it, I still never seen to be able to discover the main premise, though.

It's about this animal sanctuary/rehabilitation/hospital called Liberty Meadows run by mostly nerdy Frank who's hopelessly in love with Brandy, intelligent, beautiful, who's a little naive due to her good nature, and most of the other characters are the animals in their care who are funny, interesting characters in their own right. The plots are usually short and not very serial since it's a daily newspaper strip type of comic, but the great characters more than make up for it. If I can ever find a TBP I'd snatch it up in a second.

i pick this book up every time it comes out. i laugh out loud every issue. its great and i hope more people pick it up.

They need to get out a BEST OF HARDCOVER, without all the repeats, regular size

I got the big book of love and some of the other issues, but Im not longer keeping up with this series

Originally posted by Mr.Furious
i pick this book up every time it comes out. i laugh out loud every issue. its great and i hope more people pick it up.

I'd love to know where I can find some TPB's.

Thanks, but I'm not a fan of buying things online.

Mnemosyne said:
I've never been able to figure out exactly what's supposed to be the premise of all this - plus, (please do not throw rotten veggies) those chicks look kind of.... too plump to me. My opinion only.... Hefty, hefty, hefty.... hey, I have strict standards. :gg:

190.jpg

I guess hefty is right in that strip. :)

cov013.jpg

And apparently here too.

LM31.jpg

And here.

Isn't the Brandy character supposed to be worried about her weight all the time? I thought I remembered a strip where her mom was telling her to go on a diet and giving her weight loss tips.

Maybe the women are drawn on the plump side, but it's better than other comics where they are drawn way skinny.

I really like Liberty Meadows. I love Cho's style. He's recent work on Spider-man was dead on for me.

hulkamania85 said:
Isn't the Brandy character supposed to be worried about her weight all the time?

I don't think so. She's definitely not as one note or 2-dimensonial as Cathy. Her mother does give her self esteem a good work out with depreciating comments under the guise of advice.

WallCrawl said:
I don't think so. She's definitely not as one note or 2-dimensonial as Cathy. Her mother does give her self esteem a good work out with depreciating comments under the guise of advice.

It's what today's strip is about!

liberty2004166421104.gif

I think that is the strip (as well as one or two more) I was trying to recall the other day.

I think this is what gave me that idea (Brandy's character info on here).

http://www.creators.com/Comics_Shell.cfm?pg=more.html&comicname=lib

I remember reading a lot of the strips online but I never picked up any of the books.

I think the Liberty Meadows women are hot. It's a good/funny strip too. I like the animals.

KingOfDreams said:
I think the Liberty Meadows women are hot. It's a good/funny strip too. I like the animals.

Wow, talk about a bump. A year later, and I still like Liberty Meadows. Cho's a great artist, who easily and seamlessly balances funny expressive cartoon animals with classically illustrated humans. Great clean visual storytelling, just like Bone. He's also extremely adept at delivering that visual punchline. Humor isn't the easiest thing to do right or effectively, especially in the limited newspaper strip format but Cho's got it down. No talking heads here.

WallCrawl said:
Wow, talk about a bump. A year later, and I still like Liberty Meadows. Cho's a great artist, who easily and seamlessly balances funny expressive cartoon animals with classically illustrated humans. Great clean visual storytelling, just like Bone. He's also extremely adept at delivering that visual punchline. Humor isn't the easiest thing to do right or effectively, especially in the limited newspaper strip format but Cho's got it down. No talking heads here.

Agreed. And yeah, a big bump I know. I was reading some Liberty Meadows stripes online yesterday and decided to see if there was a thread here for it.

I've wanted to pick up some trades since before I initially posted in this thread, still haven't yet. :(

hulkamania85 said:
Isn't the Brandy character supposed to be worried about her weight all the time? I thought I remembered a strip where her mom was telling her to go on a diet and giving her weight loss tips.

Just saw another strip that reminded me of this.

liberty20040713606147pi.gif

That bird thing is one of my favorite characters I think.

I just ordered the Liberty Meadows Vol 1 Landscape Edition off of Amazon. Should be ariving any day now. :D

Here's the weight thing referenced again.

liberty2007021523631qm5.gif

So her weight has been referenced on occasion, but I'm glad it doesn't get played out as badly as Cathy as someone mentioned. Which reminds me of that episode of MST3K where they mixed cartoons together.

"...and he drove his car into a store where Kathy was trying on a swimsuit. Bwahhaha!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"