Liefeld Appreciation Thread

someone find out rob's email address

oh, wait, it's a joke forum, it's right next to the official bill jemas appreciation forum

Originally posted by bmfunny
Here's fun for the whole family. Catch the differences in these two pages.

Page 1

XFORCE2pg4.jpg

XFORCE2pg5.jpg
I don't get it.:(

I didn't bother to read the Spanish pages (even though Spanish is my main language), but I did now that I says the "translation". I didn't bother reading them because I thought they were critisizing Liefield for plagiarism. I was surprised to see it was the total opposite.

Bear in mind that the page is made by Liefield cultists, in essence "Rob's b!+ches". The Teen Titan comparison they justify taht it was a joke, a wink of the eye to the reader. The gist of it is that only the TRUE comic conosseur would catch THAT meaning, that Liefiled meant it as a good humored joke. I wouldn't even bother to debate with these people as the even use B.R. (Before Rob) and A.R. (After Rob). There's much to be said about people that quantify the comic era as "before or after Rob Liefield". I can simpathyze with being a fan, but this is Extreme.

I was reading the other comparisons in the Spanish comics page, but I can't go on. I'm physically revolted. I can't understand how people with such obvious intelligence from the way they write couls, at the same time, be so ignorant. I'm glad that you people can't read Spanish,

Originally posted by The Hero
I don't get it.:(
Spot all the changes between the character from the first to the second page. Ex. First page, the brown strips around his leg are thin and featureless, second page they're thick pouches.

Ha ha ha, that's from Penny arcade, right? Oh man, that's funny.

The thing I dont gte is that Rob knows nobody likes him and so does Marvel but he keeps drawing and Marvel keeps hiring. Chuck Austen got the message why cant he?

I posted a link to an interview with him where they talk about it up there, go read it

Originally posted by Unthinkable.50
x-force%201.jpg

The "classic" X force 1.

Cable's shoulders are as big as duffel bags filled with bowling balls!

I have three :D
the REALLY sad part? somebody paid $25,000 for all the orginal artwork from that issue

It was popular at the time, imagine the people who bought pet rocks:D

I have three copies of that still and I can find tons of them in my comic book stores 50 cent bin.

Originally posted by Kable24
I have three copies of that still and I can find tons of them in my comic book stores 50 cent bin.

that's prolly because they printed a zillion of them, because people like you guys were buying 3 at a time, thinking it would be worth $$$ tomorrow.

Liefeld's problem is that he has absolutely no understanding of perspective. He also has little understanding of biomechanics.

That, and he puts the face of a mongoloid ten-year-old girl on every man he draws. Why does everyone he draws have a pin-head? It's just stupid-looking.

My comic store had about three of all the X-Force issues from about 1-20. They're all a dollar.

Rob's work really is bad, and even though new X-Force means Shatterstar's coming bac, I'm finding it really hard to get excited. I like Nicieza's work though, but I don't think he can save it.

Liefield's art was OK to begin with. It was novel and new. But sadly, whereas most artists grow in the trade over the years and expand their abilities for the better, Liefield did not.

Originally posted by bmfunny
XFORCE2pg5.jpg

Does the dude with the black hair look like Shang Tsung from the first Mortal Kombat movie to anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"