Lionsgate "Power Rangers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yeah, Zord battles are a must. That could be so cool. Tons of potential here actually

After the bashing 'Battleship' and 'John Carter' got, I think he would be hesitant to get involved with something like this.

I loved the original series and I was 8 years old when it came out. I think I stopped watching when Zeo was the next one, IIRC.

Yeah but I mean its Power Rangers, an established brand and his BO draw needs some fixing plus THE HAIR!! He'd have to grow it out again but yeah.

Now do we want Bulk and Skull back, or just omit them?

Bring them back and re-purpose their roles. I think that's the best way to go about it.

Make them darker and edgier like Dukes of Hazzard did with Roscoe? Haha.

No I would just maybe make them like cameo roles as parents of the new kids. Something like that.

The 7 year old inside me is screaming...

BryanYES1.gif

I presume this will be in the vein of Hunger Games, Twilight, and Divergent.

With the advancements in technology of movie making, notably Transformers, Pacific Rim and the upcoming Godzilla, the potential for the Zords/Megazord-Monsters battles is awesome.

They'll probably just call it Power Rangers, which is all the recognition you need for a title.

You guys remember Astronema/Karone? Damn was she sexy. Kimberly is overrated. Astronema was easily the hottest female character in all of the Power Ranger shows for me at least.

You guys remember Astronema/Karone? Damn was she sexy. Kimberly is overrated. Astronema was easily the hottest female character in all of the Power Ranger shows for me at least.

You shut your stupid mouth, how dare you blaspheme. :o

Green Ranger, pls.

With the advancements in technology of movie making, notably Transformers, Pacific Rim and the upcoming Godzilla, the potential for the Zords/Megazord-Monsters battles is awesome.

This is what I'm most excited about. Take notes of the best parts from TF and PR, combine them and bam: killer live-action Zord battles.

Zords aren't what will make or break this movie though, that's the easy part. Casting and tone need to be spot-on for this to work.

This is Lionsgate, they have made their biggest money on two franchises that are solely about attractive people.

Don't you mean YA book adaptations featuring attractive people? :cwink:

Every other Power Ranger show; with the exception of 'Zeo', 'Operation Overdrive', 'Samurai', and 'Megaforce'.

The thing is, MMPR was the show that sparked the phenomenon, and outside of the fandom there's not enough awareness/interest about the other series (even though I agree with you). It makes sense that Saban and Lionsgate would revisit that series for a big-screen revival.

Oh, and I expect some major developments about this pic at Power Morphicon 4 in three months. Like who's cast and/or the release date.

Kimberly was the bee's knees.

MMPR might not have been the best stories, but by far the best characters and actors.

They'll probably just call it Power Rangers, which is all the recognition you need for a title.

Um, that might confuse international audiences. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie was released simply as 'Power Rangers: The Movie' in select international territories.

Hell, the U.S. DVD is the international cut.

Don't you mean YA book adaptations featuring attractive people? :cwink:

Haha, that is true but they altered a few characters to make them look much more attractive than they were in those books. Still I see your point. haha.

The thing is, MMPR was the show that sparked the phenomenon, and outside of the fandom there's not enough awareness/interest about the other series (even though I agree with you). It makes sense that Saban and Lionsgate would revisit that series for a big-screen revival.

Oh, and I expect some major developments about this pic at Power Morphicon 4 in three months. Like who's cast and/or the release date.

Agreed, we may have better shows since MMPR but those characters and costumes are what I and I know my friends want to see.

I actually have an incomplete template for a Power Ranger reboot that I've been working on since 2009...Most of it is actually on fanfiction.net at the moment for how this can go.

Anyway, I think that if they mixed the good qualities of Pacific Rim, Avengers, and Transformers with elements of MMPR Season 1 then this could be a quality reboot.

It's about time, this is pretty much an easy money graber, and will more easily be a success than something like He-Man. Ben 10 is another American Franchise targeted at kids that would surelly give the studio easy money.

First movie the Green Ranger is evil, second movie he's good, third movie he becomes the White Ranger. There's your trilogy.

What about Divatox? That was all me right there.

Hilary Shepard was pregnant while filming Turbo, hence the impressive cleavage in the movie.

I wouldn't mind divatox being the villain, the whole space pirate thing was cool.

Every other Power Ranger show; with the exception of 'Zeo', 'Operation Overdrive', 'Samurai', and 'Megaforce'.

You will have to elaborate.

So you think Turbo as a concept would be a better idea? Cars that don't have weapons that turn into a giant robot? That didn't work out very well with Devastator and those vehicles had all kinds of weapons.

I think a giant mechanical dragon with missile hands and a drill tail would be more visually appealing. Not only that, Those Zords, concepts, sounds and anything else from that show are iconic(I have randomly passed people with the communicator sound as a text tone). They could also be further developed for any sequels that could follow. Some later PR series might not be as "Campy" but they don't have roots the original did and they swap out so quickly its hard to keep track. You also don't get the original audience that started the train. Many of which have kids of there own now.

As far as merchandising-Both now and for the film-they have way more stuff out with the original rangers than any other, In fact other than kids clothing I have never seen anything but MMPR stuff. Have you walked past a hot topic lately? and look at what happens with super heroes and star wars, companies love being able to use images they already bought so they can repackage later when the movies hit.

The outfits the rangers wore in the first film look alot like current Sci-Fi/Super Hero movie armor and were applauded by the general audience and fans. That movie also showed you wouldn't lose the loyal following by spiffing things up a bit even Alpha looked better.

MMPR is the only choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"