--> LIST: Characters introduced to date

By the way, how great is Forge as the team's comic relief mechanic? I can't wait to hear his lines in English.

It's a different, new take on Forge. I don't dislike it, but it is different.

Sometimes they make him to look like an idiot....

but isn't a bad role at all....

Yeah, it's one of the few really good character reinventions on this show.

Forge is more like a comic relief in this series, he hasn't done anything important so far even though he has appeared in almost every episode. But, I like him, he's like a breath of fresh air.

By the way... you can add Apocalypse to the list !!!

Hi well I looove this show, I live on Peru and well i get the show for jetix and I already saw all the episodes!! except the last one!
I guess you will need to add to the list SPOILERS ALERT:stepford cuckoos, sebastian shaw, selene, harry leland, donald pierce ALSO!! in the Angel episode he saves Wither from the mrd, Firestar also shows up in the future, along x-23!! and well in the episode 6 the girl with black jacket is not sage, she is Network!!

I don't really like Forge acting all David Schwimmer-y. He's not even native american. It woulda been nice if he was like the old mechanic hanging around telling the kids what it was like back in the day.

Heh heh. David Schwimmer-y.

I'm not really liking Iceman here though. The character never appealed to me that much in the first place but this show hasn't been doing him any favors. And everytime I see those stupid ice-bridges I think, "That's impossible". Now I have a pretty high susPension of disbelief for mutant powers but when you see him using an icebridge to carry the whole team upwards so many red flags come to mind.

A) Ok, he's manipulating the moisture in the air to condense into the shape of an icebridge while he freezes it. Groovy. That's his power.

B) He can turn into mobile ice. Well, I suppose it's less realistic than Colossus because at least metal can bend but I suppose it's more plausible than a mobile Diamond form.

C) He can evaporate ice when he finishes using it. I suppose they got this from the Incredibles. At least we know why there aren't large, melting, collapsing ice structures causing property damage wherever he goes.

Ok, so far so good. But here's where it gets ridiculous...

D) The ice bridges are weightless. Really, these things can loop de loop for a mile and they only need to be frozen at heir base? Mind you, it doesn't have to be a stationary base. At one point Bobby slides out of a stolen MRD helicopter. In mid-air. Right, because, ya know, it was probably just gonna hover there for the foreseeable future. Man, have him ice up some support structures or ice pillars to hold those bad boys up or something.

E) They're not slippery. When Bobby uses an icebridge to carry the team somewhere, they just stand along with him as if they were on level concrete. You'd think at one point, someone would slip and snap their neck. But no, they just glide along at the front of these constantly-being-manifested structures of impossibility no matter which direction they go. Which brings us to...

F) Um...just wtf? Look, it'd make sense if he slid downwards due to gravity and upwards through inertia, like a rollercoaster or, I dunno, a skater! But apparently, Iceman and his passengers are constantly drawn to the front of a stable structure at moderately high sPeeds, standing while he's developing the rest of it. Is...is this even ice? Or can we just change his codename to Esoteric-fouth-form-of-water-that-complies-to-no-laws-of-physics-man?

Heh heh. David Schwimmer-y.

I'm not really liking Iceman here though. The character never appealed to me that much in the first place but this show hasn't been doing him any favors. And everytime I see those stupid ice-bridges I think, "That's impossible". Now I have a pretty high susPension of disbelief for mutant powers but when you see him using an icebridge to carry the whole team upwards so many red flags come to mind.

A) Ok, he's manipulating the moisture in the air to condense into the shape of an icebridge while he freezes it. Groovy. That's his power.

B) He can turn into mobile ice. Well, I suppose it's less realistic than Colossus because at least metal can bend but I suppose it's more plausible than a mobile Diamond form.

C) He can evaporate ice when he finishes using it. I suppose they got this from the Incredibles. At least we know why there aren't large, melting, collapsing ice structures causing property damage wherever he goes.

Ok, so far so good. But here's where it gets ridiculous...

D) The ice bridges are weightless. Really, these things can loop de loop for a mile and they only need to be frozen at heir base? Mind you, it doesn't have to be a stationary base. At one point Bobby slides out of a stolen MRD helicopter. In mid-air. Right, because, ya know, it was probably just gonna hover there for the foreseeable future. Man, have him ice up some support structures or ice pillars to hold those bad boys up or something.

E) They're not slippery. When Bobby uses an icebridge to carry the team somewhere, they just stand along with him as if they were on level concrete. You'd think at one point, someone would slip and snap their neck. But no, they just glide along at the front of these constantly-being-manifested structures of impossibility no matter which direction they go. Which brings us to...

F) Um...just wtf? Look, it'd make sense if he slid downwards due to gravity and upwards through inertia, like a rollercoaster or, I dunno, a skater! But apparently, Iceman and his passengers are constantly drawn to the front of a stable structure at moderately high sPeeds, standing while he's developing the rest of it. Is...is this even ice? Or can we just change his codename to Esoteric-fouth-form-of-water-that-complies-to-no-laws-of-physics-man?
You forget this is a children's show.

True. But it's still more plausible than half the action in Indiana Jones 4.

You know the ice-slides have always confused me. Does he slide on them to move or does the ice just elongate and moves him around? And how does he stay on it? And how does it stay up?....I have no clue how they work.

And in one ep...
When the X-jet is about to crash into the ocean, Bobby shoots an icebeam THROUGH the windshield and creates a huge snowy iceberg for them to land on. They then fight the Brotherhood on this thing and Avalanche manages to do his thing without, you know, breaking it.

*facepalms*

Yeah lots of inconsistencies and mistakes, and just plain weird ideas

I also don't find the way Angel flies too realistic but I'll just pretend he's got some kind of minor wind/air pressure powers to keep him aloft that nobody ever talks about. =D

Angel will be
transformed in Archangel by Sinistre

I hope he will become back as Angel before the serie'end :csad:

Yeah, I saw that one. It was good but his character arc felt like it should have been stretched over two episodes.

yes, I thought the same, too many things in the same chapter.

It felt a bit rushed....

And in one ep...
When the X-jet is about to crash into the ocean, Bobby shoots an icebeam THROUGH the windshield and creates a huge snowy iceberg for them to land on. They then fight the Brotherhood on this thing and Avalanche manages to do his thing without, you know, breaking it.

*facepalms*
That reminded me of TUXM #15something (could be 156) where Cyclops shoots his energy beam through Blackbirds new window, which allows him (or all of X-Men?) to use their powers through it. Don't remember the details of the window. But anyway, the Iceman thing could have been a nod to that.

More like the Incredibles got it from the X-Men. Iceman has always done that.

I also don't find the way Angel flies too realistic but I'll just pretend he's got some kind of minor wind/air pressure powers to keep him aloft that nobody ever talks about. =D

Angel's bones are hollow if that helps explain it any.

Yeah Angel/Archangel is really awesome
one of my favorite characters in this anime

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"