Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars

luke1234

World Sick
Reaction score
If theres already a thread like this then delete it, but im just wondering what is everyones opinion on both trilogies and which one do you like more?
Star Wars IV-VI by the way.

For me im a huge lord of the rings fan and i love the movies but Star Wars is definitely a close second.

So which one is better?

Lord of the Rings has better acting, dialogue, scripts, and action than both Star Wars trilogies combined. i would even go so far as to say it had better music also.

Star Wars will always be awesome, but even Star Wars drew influence from the Lord of the Rings books.

this thread was done at least 10 times.

Kevin Smith pretty much sumed up what star wars fans think about this question.

Star Wars by a clear open country mile.

Granted the acting was cheesy and the special effects until redone were pretty bad.

The story for Star Wars is better, and the action/fight scenes are much cooler.

Yeah you will have Stars Wars fans and and Rings fans argue on this fact which was better.
I vote Rings for the story is timeless and its the oen trilogy you can see as one complete story which you don't get with sequels.
Star Wars is record breaking in fiction cinema but Rings is older.
For the record Vader was inspired by Doctor Doom i believe.
The only real simualrity with Rings and Star Wars does not happen to the prequel trilogy with The Fire Planet kinda resembled Mordor.
Um Rings i better written as well in my book but Star Wars was be favorite until Rings came along.

Yeah you will have Stars Wars fans and and Rings fans argue on this fact which was better.
I vote Rings for the story is timeless and its the oen trilogy you can see as one complete story which you don't get with sequels.
The only real simualrity with Rings and Star Wars does not happen to the prequel trilogy with The Fire Planet kinda resembled Mordor.
Um Rings i better written as well in my book but Star Wars was be favorite until Rings came along.

The story for LOTR was better, but the Star Wars story was more interesting. At least to me. I think adventures in outer space and rescuing the princes from an evil army is more appealing to me than the attempt of mythical creatures to destroy an evil ring.

Granted LOTR is tremendously written by Tolkein and one of the greatest story's ever told.

i agree with what mostly u say

Star Wars. The lead characters are cooler and it's original.

Star Wars has a better soundtrack!

LOL!!!

do a lil' research and you'll see that Star Wars is a collage of previous stories and ideas.

so anything that draws from or was inspired by anything else can't qualify as original? I'm pretty sure nothing original has come out in a few decades+ then.

Lord of the Rings are much much better, I find I relate to the characters much more..and I love 3 hour epics.

With that being said..Star Wars is a very close second.

so anything that draws from or was inspired by anything else can't qualify as original? I'm pretty sure nothing original has come out in a few decades+ then.

originality can stem from inspiration, true, and recent movies have proven that (Pirates)...but the subject/topic is LotR and Star Wars. your post made it sound like you think Star Wars is the original one out of the two.

Well as movies, Star Wars IS the original as it wasn't directly adapted from something else.

Different times. Can't really compare the two.
Both are great epic stories.

Star Wars gets my vote because its what I grew up on.I love Star Wars like most of you do,but I think sometimes our judgment is clouded by seeing things threw the eyes of our past.

When it comes to better soundtrack I love them both too.But anyone ever notice the similarities in LotR's track to Bravehearts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"