Losing Passion

Music-I used to play guitar and all, but in the past 3 years I have not played guitar or even bother listening to music. I find I turn off the radio anytime it's on.

Dating-Went on a date last week and I really had no interest. For the past few months I've been concentrating more on my work.

Movies at the theater - In college, I would try to keep up with the new releases and what my favorite actors were doing. After college, my movie viewing dropped considerably, and when I bought a DVD player in 2002, I found out that I was more interested in watching older movies than newer ones.

Funny pages - That and the sports section were the mainstays of my newspaper reading. A few years back, I forget my reasoning why, I just stopped reading the comics and have since canceled my subscription to the paper.

Superhero comics - While I was never much into buying individual issues, I would always try to keep up with what was going on with the heroes I liked. Then in high school (about 94 or 95), a friend told me about a comic book called "The Sandman" written by some fella named Neil Gaiman. I became more interested in this comic rather than the hero comics, and when that comic ended I started checking out other Vertigo titles. Then in 98, I decided to buy a copy of Watchmen because I heard good things about it, and the flip through in the store seemed like it was worth a purchase. I finished it, and my interest in superhero comics was destroyed. The only series I've read since that had any superheroes was Rising Stars by JMS, and that was because I wanted to see what his other stuff was like after I had finished Midnight Nation.

Pen and paper RPGs - In college, my friends and I would game on Saturday nights (about 6pm to 1am, sometimes to 6am). The one that we found the most interesting was Rifts. With a Mountain Dew buzz and whatever munchies we brought with us for the night, it was a complete blast. After we graduated, we went our different ways and I haven't been able to find anyone in town wants to game, let alone is into it. So my folder with my characters and blank character sheets and my set of die is gathering dust on a shelf in my closet.

I find myself, little by little, losing my passion for TV. There are really only two shows still airing that I genuinely cant wait to see the next episode. One ends this season. The other ends next season.

:csad:

I find myself, little by little, losing my passion for TV. There are really only two shows still airing that I genuinely cant wait to see the next episode. One ends this season. The other ends next season.

:csad:

which shows are those?

My Xbox 360.

I haven't played a game in a little more than a month. I used to play for about 5 hours a day when I was 13/14.

I lost my passion for going to shows, working out and actually keeping up with music.

I'm starting to lose my passion for The Sims 2, but that's only because I'm playing the game on my crappy non-gaming specific Desktop.

I never really lose my passions... I simply let them go away for awhile. Spider-Man, Batman, the X-Men, La femme Nikita, Highlander, writing, Wicked, Gerry Butler...

They all take their turn. My current obsession is quite evident in my profile, but it too will some day join the rest of my fond memories. I still love all these things, I just take breaks from them and hold them in my heart silently.

Comics, used to go to the store every week, now it's more like once a month actually think it's been a month and a half since I've been there. Plus I'm not really even interested most of what I get. Really only interested in the upcoming Flash series and what's going on in the Green Lantern comics.

Although, I know it's just been replaced by my passion for running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"