Lucky You -Poster and trailer

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
You Feeling Lucky?
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
July 26, 2006

Warner Bros. Pictures has provided ComingSoon.net with a first look at the new poster for Lucky You, from director Curtis Hanson (L.A. Confidential, Wonder Boys, 8 Mile). You can view the poster in full by clicking the image below. The new trailer has also launched at Moviefone!

In the film, Huck Cheever (Eric Bana) is a blaster—a player who goes all out, all the time. But in his personal relationships, Huck plays it tight, expertly avoiding emotional commitments and long-term expectations. When Huck sets out to win the main event of the 2003 World Series of Poker—and the affections of Billie Offer (Drew Barrymore), a young singer from Bakersfield—there is one significant obstacle in his path: his father, L.C. Cheever (Robert Duvall), the poker legend who abandoned Huck's mother years ago. As these two rivals progress toward a final showdown at the poker table, Huck learns that to win in the games of life and poker, he must try to play cards the way he has been living his life and live his life the way he has been playing cards.

Lucky You opens on September 8.

No love ?:( I thought it looked good,Bana is class and seems to be playing a less straight laced character this time and i wuv Drew:O Robert Duvall will no doubt add quality to the mix,also loved the use of Springsteen's Lucky Town in the trailer:up:

downloadable HD versions of the trailer:up:

• Hi-Res
    qtlogo.jpg
    (15.6Mb)
  • HD 480P
    qtlogo.jpg
    (35Mb)
  • HD 720P
    qtlogo.jpg
    (81.7Mb)
  • HD 1080P
    qtlogo.jpg
    (128Mb)

love the trailer

hunter rider said:
Me to,ive yet to be disappointed by Curtis Hanson
didnt they shoot this BEFORE Munich?

lol...this movie has been pushed back to March 07 :D :( :mad:

It looks like the same. Like i've seen it before. Guy likes girl,too much into his own work,dad has to beat him at his own game to teach him what he really want. Kind of thing. Its been done.

Been done or not each story is different,it's about characters and choices,if nothing was ever made again due to "been done" mentality 90% of the movies(from comics especially)would be obselete
The quality is in the acting and the storytelling not the concept and without seeing it we don't even know what choices the characters will make or where they will end up

i'll go see anything curtis hansen makes -- l.a. confidential and wonderboys are classics.

WB are idiots for releasing this at the same time as Spidey :down: :(

NEW! Trailer 3

Hi-Res
qtlogo.jpg
(20.3Mb)

Easily the best trailer so far IMO,gives a more balanced look at the film and characters,especially showing more of what Drew's character is about:up:

still, its going to get killed next to Spidey :(

Damn, this movie was in the theater for what? 2 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"