• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Can't accuse WB of not going in on marketing this film.
What do you mean?

They are/have been highlighting it around the globe with a ton of stuff. Just check the earlier pages and you’ll get a glimpse of how hard WB is pushing this.

Last edited:
Ladies and gents some box office info. Furiosa sales are doing really well and at this rate it’s basically guaranteed to beat FR opening weekend of 45M. Very important week ahead with the Cannes Premiere on Wednesday and the embargo apparently lifting straight afterwards. If it is well received and the subsequent reviews follow suit then brace yourselves because it will be coming in hot at the BO.

58ea5bce71788d1ebac28fde64271425.gif

* Great news for the franchise because if this does indeed perform well then GM will more than likely finish his modern Mad Max trilogy of films.

Last edited:
Considering he turns 80 next year it would feel like a huge waste for Miller to get caught up in a MCU movie for the next 3 years.

Really hyped to be seeing Furiosa on the 24th!

I wouldn’t mind seeing a George Miller directed Thor at all. Both seem to be on the same page and like working with each other so that’s a good start.

Having said that I think @Zantera makes a good point. GM is getting up there in age and he’s at his best when playing with his own particular sandbox. I would really appreciate if he finished his Mad Max modern trilogy so it’s probably for the best if he sticks with his own franchise and wraps it up nicely.

I wouldn’t mind seeing a George Miller directed Thor at all. Both seem to be on the same page and like working with each other so that’s a good start.

Having said that I think @Zantera makes a good point. GM is getting up there in age and he’s at his best when playing with his own particular sandbox. I would really appreciate if he finished his Mad Max modern trilogy so it’s probably for the best if he sticks with his own franchise and wraps it up nicely.
Are you counting Furiosa as part of a modern Mad Max trilogy. If not, there is very little chance he finishes 2 more lol

The last Thor film was awful (imo), so I wouldn't mind seeing George take on the reigns. I think he'd do something really interesting!

The thought of a 5th Thor film terrifies me.:yousure:
Not if you give that to George Miller! Also would love it since we never got that Justice League movie he almost made, so maybe this is still an itch he wants to scratch, and the MCU would greatly benefit from it right now. Give that man whatever creative freedom he wants!

For me its because its the "fifth" Thor movie regardless who's attached to it. I would welcome him directing a movie for Hulk, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Eternals and those other :marvel: ips who haven't had 4 (solo) Mcu films.

While i don't think the Thor films have been groundbreaking, I think the character deserves some redmeption after Love & Thunder. Hemsworth wasn't even a fan of what was done.

For me its because its the "fifth" Thor movie regardless who's attached to it. I would welcome him directing a movie for Hulk, Captain Marvel, Dr. Strange, Shang-Chi, Eternals and those other :marvel: ips who haven't had 4 (solo) Mcu films.
But George Miller isn't saying "I want to do any MCU film." Specifically Thor 5 is mentioned. Probably cause of working with Hemsworth. It's not really up to your preference or mine on what MCU project he would do. It would be up to him ultimately

The Thor series could very well be the odd numbered films are good and the even ones are bad.

Thor 5 has very good odds.

Given Miller's skill at depicting post apocalyptic environments I would love to see him tackle a version of Jason Aaron's King Thor, with Old Man Hemsworth fighting to save a dying earth alongside his granddaughters.

Are you counting Furiosa as part of a modern Mad Max trilogy. If not, there is very little chance he finishes 2 more lol
Yep I’m counting Furiosa.

Furiosa
The Wasteland
Fury Road

Only 1 left to round that new trilogy up nicely.

Let's let Miller do his own original work as long as we have him. Let Thor rest. That franchise has no good films.

Let's let Miller do his own original work as long as we have him. Let Thor rest. That franchise has no good films.
giphy.gif

Ragnarok was great.
Thor 1 was fine and it still holds up.
Thor 2 was meh at best.
Thor 4 was a misfire, a ton of potential and as many missed opportunities.

As far as I’m concerned they are 2 for 2 with the franchise and the character deserves better so I would gladly welcome a T5 and it will eventually be announced, it’s just a matter of time…

Yep I’m counting Furiosa.

Furiosa
The Wasteland
Fury Road

Only 1 left to round that new trilogy up nicely.
Gotcha! Well, Thor films tend to film in Australia lately to appease Hems, so if The Wasteland can actually move forward, could always maybe move right into that once Thor 5 is finished filming or vice versa. But it feels like The Wasteland is just stuck there in development hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"