Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

In partnership with predictive media data analytics company Diesel Labs, Screen Rant has exclusive data revealing the new movies that have recorded the most online engagement ahead of their May premieres. These films are each given hype scores, which are measured by buzz and engagement across various online platforms.

GMcCBroWUAA7wCB

i got the total film magazine yesterday that featured this movie, i honestly can't tell whether it's goona be any good or not.

looking at that list of upcoming movies it doesn't surprise me it's the most hyped, there doesn't seem to be much competition out there, all those movies look average as f***, and im not sure if furiosa will be any different, could be a bore, might be interesting.

edit: for the record i didn't think fury road was as great as people were saying it was, it was good not great, whereas mm2 was great, the only great action movie george miller has made. so im thinking furiosa might just end up being an overhyped overegged movie, maybe not though.

Last edited:

Chris Hemsworth and Anya Taylor-Joy arrive in a very wet Sydney for Mad Max premiere​

Last edited:
The Interceptor! :fancy:

Last edited:
Now the marketing is really starting to rev up. There seems to be a strong global push for the film, I saw them doing stuff in Brazil, South Korea, Japan, the premiere in Australia is now the main focus, UK, France with Cannes, US with LA/New York…

It should be interesting to see how it will perform box office wise. I think that internationally it should do good business and domestically it could catch up if it gets a decent to good reception. It’s a bit of a wildcard though.

Fury Road did only 379M worldwide. I think the MM brand is much stronger now with how FR was critically acclaimed and basically revived the franchise, so that should help Furiosa, on the other hand it’s an ancillary female character to the MM world and that in itself is going to ruffle some feathers even though we most likely are going to get an appearance by Max as well in this. On the scales we also have what seems to be a strong performance by CH as the villain which should attract some interest but also on the other hand there’s a bit of CGI shenanigans that could put some people off.

So yeh a lot to weigh in, in regard to Furiosa box office potential but hopefully it’s well received and that could propel the film’s box office potential. Fingers crossed.🤞

Sarah Ferguson has seen the movie and praises it as a ‘transporting glory of a film’ and ‘a wonderful story.’ Says Hemsworth is magnetic and fascinating as Dementus:

Last edited:
Sarah Ferguson has seen the movie and praises it as a ‘transporting glory of a film’ and ‘a wonderful story.’ Says Hemsworth is magnetic and fascinating as Dementus:

antonio-banderas.gif

That interview on the first article was great. A lot of praise for CH portrayal of Dementus and a pretty sweet explanation to how the character voice came about. It just goes to show how differently it connects with the Australian people. There’s also new film footage sprinkled throughout that interview.

Last edited:
I hope we get Immortan Joe saying mediocre...but in all honesty I can see why they went with a totally different actor to play Immortan Joe especially since Furiosa is supposed to be a prequel to Fury Road

But with George Miller making Furiosa, we need a Mad Max sequel with Tom Hardy back as Max

However, some are expecting — gulp — a coin toss between Sony/Atlas Entertainment’s Garfield and Warner Bros/Village Roadshow’s Max Max: Fury Road prequel Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga in the $30M+ 4-day range over Memorial Day weekend, May 24-27. The popular branding of Garfield shouldn’t be underestimated, but the 2004 movie was an also-ran at the box office with a $21.7M opening and $75.3M domestic final. Both hit three-week tracking last week, and in Warner Bros.’ defense, its campaign doesn’t fire up until Furiosa‘s world premiere at the Cannes Film Festival on May 15. Also, Furiosa will have Imax working in its favor. While Anya Taylor-Joy won awards and rave reviews for her turn in Netflix’s The Queen’s Gambit during Covid, Furiosa arguably is the first tentpole she’s carrying largely on her shoulders. Mad Max: Fury Road also blasted off at Cannes in 2015 and went on to win six Oscars, debuting to $45.4M stateside and doing a 3.3x multiple with a finale of $154.2M. The hope is that Furiosa can emulate that.

Seems to me like they are lowballing it. Also like they’ve mentioned in the article, the marketing push hadn’t even started at full throttle when they wrote it. We’ve seen it mentioned before that Furiosa has actually generated much more interest on social media platforms than the Apes for example and that is predicted to hit 50M at this point in time, when that marketing is probably already at full steam since its opening in 10 days as opposite to Furiosa which is coming out in more than 3 weeks.

So all in all a 30M+ starting prediction seems to be just that. I think when the marketing has played out and providing the critical reception is decent to good I think it will do roughly that what FR did, around 45M give or take… maybe even more we’ll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"