Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

Well well well… what have we here?

By the name I’m guessing this could be some sort of a chase or Dementus approaching. Definitely has some Fury Road flavor sprinkled in there with that characteristic sound from the chases in FR but this one is a bit more ominous in tone.

Can’t wait to hear more!

_WqcLtkavPonjLCUYoaUE2BtQcXM1HNn8t3NEtqdF8_ad0scoFJww_t3c-R8dHI3wnsHnIfYqw=w1707-fcrop64=1,00005a57ffffa5a8-k-c0xffffffff-no-nd-rj

Cineworld had the advertisement for the tickets available for a short period of time on twitter but then removed the link. Anyways Odeon came to the rescue.

Last edited:
Comparisons with Fury Road will be inevitable, and understandably so, it's a unique, beloved and long-lived franchise.
Personally, I confess to having arrived in my mid-thirties without ever having seen any of the original Mad Max films. I admit it's a quite a miss, but I will rectify this very soon!
I did see Fury Road though, long after everyone else and only once, but I have a pleasant memory of it.

All this to say that I'm very excited about this new film in its own right. If it wasn't tied to a license, I'd probably have the same hype and expectations.
I don't know what it is... I've only watched the first two trailers but I find there's an "epic" feel (in the original sense, not the "that's so cool bro!" one) that, coupled with this dusty and violent universe, really speaks to me.
And I'm not going to lie, I always enjoy ATJ and it looks like Miller has given her some really nice material there!
I'm also curious to see what Hermsworth has done. I've got nothing against him, but he's never wowed me as an actor and I can only wish for him to surprise everyone here, as he hoped to do in a recent interview.

I hope Furiosa has its own identity. What’s fun about all 4 Mad Max films is that each are pretty different to one another. They all feel separate on their own, not just in visuals but in tone as well.

This does look more of a sequel to Fury Road. But hopefully the actual film is unique with plenty of surprises.

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The Pole of Inaccessibility
Dementus
The Promise
You Are Awaited
The Bear
You’re Scum
Wives’ Quarters
The Wig and The Seed
The Stowaway
Fata Morgana
Gastown
A Noble Cause
The Bullet Farm
Dementus Is Gaining
Dementus’ Diatribe
At the Dawn of War
The Darkest of Gods
Epilogue (from Furiosa)

Spanish ladies :D

I gotta give props to ATJ for pulling that dress off. Gives me 300 vibes. :D Also the traction on that post is pretty astounding. 👍

e7f106de2a77acf7133058efde6f0481.jpg

Last edited:
Check this new 15 sec spot out!
New footage too! Looks really good. 👍 That Furiosa shot with short hair is probably the best I’ve seen of her so far in that specific buzz cut look. Beautiful. Dementus looks and sounds great in this one too. 👍 The dynamic between Dementus and Immortan should be interesting to see, I feel like Immortan is a dictator that obeys some sort of messed up rules as usual but Dementus seems like he’s just like a unhinged cult nut.

So the tracking has already gone up. 👍 40/50M is a much more reasonable guess. I still think it can pull in a bit more if critical reception is good and positive reviews generate that last push.

We simply can’t hope for a critical reception in line with that of Fury Road because that’s almost impossible to achieve. While there will always be that comparison between films since they are part of the same franchise it’s a very unfair one and not something that you could realistically hope for. Another good Mad Max film from it’s creator would be more than enough for me.

Anyways 40/50M is already a good sign at this stage.

Last edited:
I was thinking the other day - whatever business this does in the end - can’t blame a lack of marketing.

Heck Hemsworth is even one of the hosts of the Met Gala this Monday he said in a new interview I watched yesterday, coincidentally or not.

Taiwan online press conference

Last edited:

There’s some trickery in that clip. It seems to be stitched together from totally different scenes and also alternate moments in the same scene. Don’t know why they did it but there’s definitely something fishy going on, they could be hiding some spoilery stuff and/or they don’t wanna show how the scene plays out.

EDIT:
For example:

The shot at 12 seconds in from within the monster truck is from the inside of a quarry and not the plains of the desert. At 15 second in she does a U turn which doesn’t line up with the following shot of them driving side by side. Then at 17 seconds they drive the same way side by side with a henchmen hanging on the side of the truck. Straight afterwards she shoots but the guy is no longer there.

So yeh I’m guessing they are keeping some spoilery stuff hidden and keep the clip from showing graphic violent stuff.

Last edited:
Whenever they show clips on the talk shows, they’re often edited down, especially for comic book movie clips or other big budget movies. And yeah it tends to make the sequence look weirder than it actually is.

Apparently and according to people on reddit with good inside info on the project:
This is from a Chinese trailer I believe. It is heavily edited.

I had the feeling it was. Also the sound attached to it feels like some stock sound I’ve already heard on YT for some Furiosa fan edits. Honestly it’s a disservice to the footage and the film to get something “stitched” together like this. I hope we’ll see the real thing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"