Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

200w.gif

A new look at Dementus. He looks like Jesus. :D

Last edited:

embrace-me-dementus.gif

david ehrlich
@davidehrlich
brings me great joy to report that Furiosa is really, *really* ****ing good.operates in an extremely different gear than Fury Road (in ways that i suspect will frustrate some people), but also manages to make that movie even richer while carving its own legend in the wasteland.

They lifted the review embargo 2 weeks before release and that goes to show that they are confident in the product. Really good start and it should generate a nice health bump to the box office potential. If the word coming out from Cannes is as good and the latter reviews then we could see this picked a lot of speed down the stretch. 👍 👍

Last edited:

WE'VE ALREADY WATCHED #FURIOSA !!And we can say that Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga is a REVENGE and ACTION film that is worthy of George Miller's series. An action show, yes, but one that embraces more mythology, history and the protagonist's journey.

BRO WHAT A RELIEF TO SAYFURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA IS TOO GOOD!It's different from Fury Road, but it does the franchise complete justice.Holy movie.

Last edited:
These reactions are incredible, but unsurprising. George Miller is a master of his craft and nobody should doubt him. I am so ready! Rewatched Fury Road last night for the upteenth time, and it still just blows me away. One of the greatest action films ever made.

Last edited:
These reactions are incredible, but unsurprising. George Miller is a master of his craft and nobody should doubt him. I am so ready! Rewatched Fury Road last night for the upteenth time, and it still just blows me away. One of the greatest action films ever made.
I also rewatched it in the big screen not so long ago and it was incredible. Honestly it’s like a timeless film for me because of the post apocalyptic fantasy scenario. It’s one for the ages and it’s like the gift that keeps on giving because even now I was noticing stuff I hadn’t before. It aged like a fine wine for me.

For example a few things i noticed this time around was that the bikes from the Many Mothers have skis attached on the side so it makes it easier for them to drive on the sandy dunes. Also when they meet and Furiosa hugs that women with black hair and they ask how long it had been, that scene hit me in a totally different way because I’m pretty sure that women is the little girl we see in the Furiosa trailer when they’re both in the forest… it’s so much more impactful…

Also I don’t really understand the people that complain about the suppose lack of story in FR. The world is so detailed and immersive, the characters are so different and unique, the vehicles are extensions of the characters themselves… All of that is way of storytelling in my view and there barely needs any exposition dump because it’s so well laid out. It’s just that we get thrust into a microcosmos of a post apocalyptic world of which we have no clue what the rules are and FR lays it out perfectly with every action, introducing, visual, sound… a god damn action masterpiece.

I guess I can’t post it here because there’s some swearing but on Twitter @CinemaTweets1:

Almost a decade after the success of Fury Road, George Miller has grabbed all the Mad Max hype & expectations by the throat and squeezed: #Furiosa (5 stars) is ****ing incredible. I needed a night’s sleep to process this because I wanted to unravel all the “Oh My God/Holy ****” sequences- and there are many. I didn’t know if it would be possible, but I think we officially have a worthy competitor to Dune: Part 2 for best film of 2024. The common thread between the two? Anya Taylor-Joy. While she’s only in Dune for a few minutes, Furiosa is Taylor-Joy’s movie- this is her moment. I was extremely impressed by Anya’s performance. Both Taylor-Joy and Chris Hemsworth lead this film and give perhaps the best performances of their careers (Hemsworth is fantastic as the heavy). But I know everyone is wondering- is Furiosa better than Fury Road? My initial reaction is no, but with a caveat. Fury Road might be one of the best action movies ever made and while Furiosa captures some of the same technical trademarks seen in Fury Road, the actual stories themselves aren’t easy to compare. There’s more world building, a little less action, and much more of an emotional punch in Furiosa compared to Fury Road. And that’s what makes Furiosa great on its own terms. I think if Miller simply tried recreating Fury Road instead of taking a few creative turns with Furiosa, the end result would’ve been less memorable. Instead, George Miller took a few risks that I think paid off. Overall, I love Furiosa and cannot wait to see it again in IMAX.

Forget the disastrous trailers. #Furiosa #FuriosaAMadMaxSaga is a total killer, a constant pleasure, a spectacular demonstration of the essence of the 7th art, by a goldsmith at the peak of mastery of the art of telling a story. That's Cinema.

I really wish Miller aimed for a different aesthetic for this movie. It's too visually similar to Fury Road, whereas every Mad Max movie looks distinctly different. The blend of CGI and practical effects were much more effective in Fury Road as well. I just wish it had a little more of its own identity.

I really wish Miller aimed for a different aesthetic for this movie. It's too visually similar to Fury Road, whereas every Mad Max movie looks distinctly different. The blend of CGI and practical effects were much more effective in Fury Road as well. I just wish it had a little more of its own identity.
I mean Furiosa takes place in the same universe and is directly connected to FR so there’s that. Also Furiosa is definitely much more “shiny and chrome” and less rugged and worn out like FR so there’s some difference in that regard. Yeh the CGI is more noticeable but then again FR had many many years to get things looking as good as possible coupled with the fact that Furiosa is also a product of its time with the restrictions of C19…

I love how FR looks. That worn out and lived in look is great. Furiosa is different and I guess, if we want, we could also attribute that to the fact that it takes place earlier in the overall timeline of the Wasteland.

Personally I never expected George Miller to top FR and overall I’m just very happy he managed to apparently still deliver a good final product in this crazy sandbox of his.

A really cool Korean TV Spot!

I’ve never found Thunderdome to look especially different from The Road Warrior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"