• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Action-Adventure Mad Max: Furiosa Spinoff

One word about the box office. Furiosa is apparently getting released in China which is great news for the box office haul. Fury Road didn’t get a release in that market.

Saalr.jpg

SaalC.jpg

Saalf.jpg

SaalV.jpg

Saal0.jpg

SaalY.jpg

Saala.jpg

Saalt.jpg

Saal5.jpg

Saalo.jpg

SaalD.jpg

I’m happy to see that the Mad vehicles are being highlighted once again because it’s something totally under appreciated in FR. The vehicles are extensions of the characters themselves, they have an enormous amount of detail and help tell the story of each character we meet.

I see that Furiosa continues the tradition of insane vehicles adding a lot more bikes of different kinds, cars/trucks and some aerial threats that should spice things up in the Wasteland.

Last edited:
I dont watch clips before seeing movies. They're out of context, and it's the context that gives any scene meaning, so I don't avoid those. But I am glad it's getting glowing praise! I may try and rewatch the series, at least Fury Road, before seeing Furiosa if I get time.

Very interesting and insightful interview with South Korean media.

George Miller talks about how Dementus and Immortan are basically different sides of the same coin and how Furiosa interaction with both helped forge her as the character we later see in FR. Another really interesting thing he speaks about is the “War Boys” and the way he describes them and Immortan Joe’s part as basically their spiritual leader is again very interesting/revealing. Also GM lifted the veil on how Chris Hemsworth really got into the character as Dementus, it was a somewhat haunting description and it seems that CH really tapped into a sort of method acting basically.

I think it’s cool CH really went for it and hopefully he is taken more seriously after this part which from all accounts seems like a defining one for his career.

Timestamps:

00:00 Intro
00:38 Impressions of visiting Korea
01:32 New work 〈Furiosa: The Mad Max Saga〉
02:10 The charm of ‘Furiosa’
05:51 Cast: Anya Taylor-Joy
09:51 Lead actor Chris Hemsworth
15:35 The action scene I cared the most about in the play
19:43 The car driven by car action master, George Miller
20:41 To director George Miller, what is the action of a movie?
22:34 〈Mad Max〉 Storytelling method ‘Allegory’
25:09 How director George Miller creates worlds
29:03 Background of the birth of the ‘Warboy’ character
31:51 What is the ‘Mad Max’ series to director George Miller?
34:12 Recommended Movies

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"