Magneto: Metropolis

Abishai100

Civilian
Reaction score
This is a vigilantism-daydream inspired by Magneto (Marvel Comics) stories/images and Thomas More's Utopia.

====

Magneto was born as a normal man named Max during WWII, but during a freak experiment (the Nazis used Max in a terrible gene-manipulation experiment when he was only 10 years-old!), Max's internal composition and chemical dynamics changed, altering his molecular polarity and rendering him as a mutated 'superhuman' with the extraordinary ability to manipulate magnetic fields! Max adopted the alias 'Magneto' and started harnessing his powers, using his magnetism-manipulation ability to lift and hurl and dismantle large metal objects. Magneto wondered if he should become a do-gooder or a terrorist.

Magneto moved to America in 1960 and met a strange and eccentric scientist named Xavier who was opening a special 'school' for gifted youngsters affected by gene-transformation/defects and/or radiation-poisoning. Xavier was traumatized by the Hiroshima incident of WWII and wanted the world to pay attention to the human aftermath of chemical/nuclear manipulation. Magneto found a good friend in Xavier and confided in him and explained to him how he had acquired superhuman powers --- the ability to control magnetism itself.

MAGNETO: Should I become a terrorist?
XAVIER: No! You have an obligation to help humanity.
MAGNETO: Why? It was 'humanity' that turned me into a mutant.
XAVIER: You have the opportunity to be a messenger of peace.
MAGNETO: My powers render me as incredibly strong/potent.
XAVIER: There's a temptation to be a god, but you must be a man!
MAGNETO: I want to use my magnetism to deform the Eiffel Tower.
XAVIER: That cultural-monument in Paris is a proud trophy, Max.
MAGNETO: Xavier, I admire your idealism, but I don't share it.
XAVIER: What is your angst?
MAGNETO: I feel that shock is the best route to revolution...
XAVIER: Evil can not be dismantled with fury but with meditation.
MAGNETO: I'm not a kung-fu teacher/pupil; I want immediate change.
XAVIER: I wish you luck, but consider my advice...

Magneto and Xavier parted ways, and Magento headed to Paris to do his superhuman 'deed' on the Eiffel Tower. When Magneto arrived, there was some press controversy regarding the French President's adulterous affair with a female secretary! Apparently, the President wanted to run away with his secretary for a romantic weekend in the Virgin Islands. Magneto was amused that such trivial human vanities were dominating the Paris news, though the 1960s were seeing much philosophical changes in liberal politics, as the pseudo-anarchistic 'counter-culture' ('hippie') movement was taking shape and being 'adopted' by iconic 'folk-musicians' (such as Bob Dylan!).

"In the news today, to stir things up even more amidst all the social intrigue surrounding the allegations that our French President is perhaps guilty of adultery, a strange and costumed man referring to himself as 'Magneto' stepped in front of the Eiffel Tower and used unbelievable and seemingly 'super-human' powers to manipulate magnetic fields enough to completely bend and deform our beloved Eiffel Tower(!). This 'mutant' Magneto claimed he was shocking Parisians amidst all the recent media-scandal stories regarding the French President and trying to remind 'humanity' that politics should be more about the apocalypse and less about vanity! What should we make of this pro-evangelism fanatic?"

====

Magneto_430.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"