I'd love to know what happened...

X-Maniac

High Evolutionary
Reaction score
.. (in the movie universe), between Xavier and Magneto meeting Jean and the events of X1...

We have Xavier somehow losing use of his legs, him and Magneto falling out...Xavier already had a school with a brochure so who was already there... Who did they find, and fight, before they came up against Magneto in X1..

Great potential there for some stories to be told...

X-Maniac said:
.. (in the movie universe), between Xavier and Magneto meeting Jean and the events of X1...

We have Xavier somehow losing use of his legs, him and Magneto falling out...Xavier already had a school with a brochure so who was already there... Who did they find, and fight, before they came up against Magneto in X1..

Great potential there for some stories to be told...
Actually, that was a huge continuity error. Xavier shouldn't have been walking in that opening scene since was injured in his mid 30's while in the middle east. I think they just put that in the movie to show a greater passing of time and to "sell" the effect's of them being younger. In the movie universe, who knows how he got injured, but I think it was more a flub than anything.

I'd like to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Beast as the original x-men in the movie verse.

maybe then cyclops would have some actual screentime....

lol yeah. Question: Did beast seem older than storm and jean? Maybe he could be like another teacher there or a student teacher?

The Batman said:
I'd like to see Cyclops, Jean, Storm, and Beast as the original x-men in the movie verse.

maybe then cyclops would have some actual screentime....

you know that is a great idea.... i figure something like that would happen in the magneto movie...but that wouldn't really a magneto movie to me...
and they also seemed to show that beast was originally an x-man...
that would be a pleasure to see...and we get cyclops back who...personally i liked more as a movie character than a comic book one..

Wingfan said:
Actually, that was a huge continuity error. Xavier shouldn't have been walking in that opening scene since was injured in his mid 30's while in the middle east. I think they just put that in the movie to show a greater passing of time and to "sell" the effect's of them being younger. In the movie universe, who knows how he got injured, but I think it was more a flub than anything.

It's not a continuity error, nor is it even an error, if it doesn't contradict what's been in the movies. For it to be an error, the previous movies or another part of this movie would have to say/show something different. This continuity is fine, as it hasn't contradicted itself.

The movies show a different version of events. Clearly, they didn't just make some random mistake. They intentionally wanted to show Charles and Erik working together, and whatever crippled Charles happened later...

actually in the novel it said that Jean was the first student, and Xavier's crippled state may somehow be caused later on by an earlier meeting with Callisto. that is if the book can really be connected to the movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"