Y

Y.jpg

It's neat.:)

don't tease poor DOG LIPS, he's never seen one :(

Lackey said:
so are you a guy or a girl?

I'm a girl :)

Male.

I was just curious about this considering most of the message boards I've been on have had them, but I'm all for the anon approach.

Lackey said:
don't tease poor DOG LIPS, he's never seen one :(
You've just reminded me of the funny story from my youth.

I was friends with these 3 brothers whose dad was a polygamist. Their Mom was an insane prude and kept them sheltered from everything (they got beatings for sneaking out to see TIME BANDITS one night.)

We all went to this rinky-dink Christian school. We were in 4th, 5th and 6th grade. There were only 2 cute girls, Nikki (the rebel), and Katrina (the sweet, wholesome blonde)

The middle brother, in 5th grade with me, was in love with Katrina. He'd make an ass of himself in front of her and she was all he'd talk about.
One night, he and his brothers were talking about girls and he confided, "You know what I want so bad? I always dream of touching Katrina's penis.*sigh*"

His fundamentalist Christian Mom let him get all the way to the 5th grade thinking that all humans have ****s! We teased him so mercilessly that one day he went beserk and started kicking all of our asses at once. Hahahahaha

"God I just wanna touch Katrina's penis!" Hahahaha

*bemused* I just read a thread Daisy deleted and it seems some of you hypers still think I'm a girl :D :p

C. Lee said:
People would have to mark a box for if they were male or female. There is no way that we can verify that someone is telling the truth on it.
It's never been a problem for the location box. We can't verify that someone is located 'in hell' for example.

Not particular fussed about having a gander box, but I don't see why we shouldn't have one. To be anonymous? Then you don't fill the box out.

Sheesh, you give a foot, they want a mile. :rolleyes: :D

I think the point is that there really isn't enough benefit to warrant it. Lots of people wouldn't use it, some would lie, and others wouldn't look at it anyway when addressing people (as evidenced by how many people ask another person 'where they're from' even when an actual place is listed in their location), so it really wouldn't be much benefit.

And before people start off with "but it doesn't take that much fuss to add"... the Hype! tries to maintain some sembelence of regularity to the boards as opposed to having things like setting, options, etc change constantly. We get some sort of request to change options every-other-week or so. If we added (or subtracted) them all simply because they're 'simple to do', the board would be in a regular state of flux. (Not to mention we'd probably need to have an admin who's sole job was to simply 'tweak' the board as it would actually add up to a fair amount of time).

We just changed the avatar settings (lowered the requirement for 75 x 75 avatars and added a 100 x 100 level), take some time to appreciate that for a bit. ;)

Putting gender tags would just take the fun out of getting to know someone. Like putting a label on hookers that let's you know if they're really a drag queen. Where's the fun in that? No surprises after you've already paid make for a dull life. I miss you Lucinda!! :(

Wait... what the hell was the question?

Avalanche said:
It's never been a problem for the location box. We can't verify that someone is located 'in hell' for example.

Not particular fussed about having a gander box, but I don't see why we shouldn't have one. To be anonymous? Then you don't fill the box out.
People don't get upset about the location box. Most people tend to ignore it....or just consider it a joke (even when it's true).

People do get upset if they think they are talking to a guy and it's a girl or vice versa.....we have even had some people who have purposefully mislead people about their gender, for some weird idea of having fun by making jokes about them later for what they wound up saying to them.

C. Lee said:
People don't get upset about the location box. Most people tend to ignore it....or just consider it a joke (even when it's true).

People do get upset if they think they are talking to a guy and it's a girl or vice versa.....we have even had some people who have purposefully mislead people about their gender, for some weird idea of having fun by making jokes about them later for what they wound up saying to them.

ah yes the famous Aunt P saga :D I think some hypers still have nightmares about that :D

Morg said:
*bemused* I just read a thread Daisy deleted and it seems some of you hypers still think I'm a girl :D :p
I still get confused sometimes. :( It must be the smilies.

Morg said:
because we like a bit of anonymity of us users :)
That's kind of dubious. It could be just like the birthday option... you can choose to tell people what gender you are only if you want... it lets anybody who doesn't want people to know their gender (for whatever reason) to have that.

Daisy said:
Sheesh, you give a foot, they want a mile.

DEW?!?! :eek:

Jourmugand said:
Its a nice suggestion,but dont expect the forum to get that option.Its too much work.

No, honey...

*hands him different que card*

You've got the one for the Forum color theme. :)

Odin's Lapdog said:
Not in the slightest bit amusing--Dew

You always have to push it, don'tcha, Lackey--Dew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"