Male or Female figure

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
Which, to you, is more artistic?

Male: Masculine themes, cultural designs and the more cubed and square shapes lend their hand to the male form. I like drawing males because there are more muscle groups and they are bigger. Anyone's image of top physical strength is usually that of a male. The male form can represent humanity as a whole.

Female: There, for me, is a more mental grasp when looking at the female form. Thoughts and concepts of mental strength, beauty, agility, sexuality, motherliness, kindness and acceptance. The female form can represent universal traits.

To me, I like drawing females more. I think the female form is more artistic. But depending on what the theme is, I think a male figure is better. Like the "babe with bullets" concept or the female bad ass comes across to me as more of a way to make money/market off of sexuality. I've met girls that are "bad-ass" but some of those girls, are more accurately just described as tomboys. If I would draw my image of a bad ass it'd be a male form.

So each has their place in different images and media conceptions. But what do you think?

Female body, hands down. The smooth curves, the shape, the silhouette. Men have that dangly appendage between the legs. Cause lets face it penises are good for certain things, but they sure aren't good to look at.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Last edited:
Female body, of course. Toys, games, cartoons, real life, all the way :woot:

Female. I like females. Plus they are easier to draw IMO, they're more interesting, and just have a better shape, curvy rather than the 'straight edge' block of a male figure.

My sketch book right now has alot od drawings and only one of them is a guy....

heh . . . is this an art school question?? Cuz I was posed the same question and I agreed that not only are chicks hotter, but also more aesthetically pleasing :up:

I'm an art major but this isn't for school. I just wanted to know what people think.

Female body, hands down. The smooth curves, the shape, the silhouette. Men have that dangly appendage between the legs. Cause lets face it penises are good for certain things, but they sure aren't good to look at.:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Arguably the same could be said about the female...area....

lgsb0015da-vincis-vitruvian-man-hom.jpg

:thing: :thing: :thing:

Being a female, I find females are easier to draw. Even if you're drawing a really muscular female, you won't have to put in as much work as with a muscular male.

Agreed. Silly dangly thing. :hehe: I tend to overlook it when I draw men. Everything's nice and shaded except for the crotch area. :lmao:

But I find muscles really fascinating.

Arguably the same could be said about the female...area....
We're supposed to have dangly bits?

i went to art college, and drew from live nude male and female models everyday. and i cant really put one over the other. they both have their own unique beauty to them.

heh . . . is this an art school question?? Cuz I was posed the same question and I agreed that not only are chicks hotter, but also more aesthetically pleasing :up:

Whoa... where has this guy been? Leave it to a thread talking about "dangly parts" to bring DV8 out from hiding.

Standing here, in my b-boy pose... rockin' my dangle.

I love the female form, it can be so elegant. Agree with you on the badass thing though, that's the one thing the male form is good for. Sure it's sexy when it's a chick but for the raw power that the description badass should bring, wEeerd, can't get it any other way.

I think, for media like paint or photography, the female form usually translates better. However, I think the male form is more suited for sculpture. I think these media do a great job of playing to each gender's strengths. With paint, an artist can really nail down the softness of the female. In sculpture, particularly stone, the hard strength of the male body is easily conveyed.

The female body is so incredibly beautiful, that anyone would agree hands down its better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"