Man shot in the head while handcuffed in back of a police car

My thing is, how was he searched twice and still couldn't find a gun on him? These are professionals searching him, too. That would be sloppy if a gun was just chillin' in the backseat.

Most .380's are pretty small, but that's no excuse for the officers not finding it. They just missed it I guess.

Most .380's are pretty small, but that's no excuse for the officers not finding it. They just missed it I guess.

Thanks for the info. He was placed in the car without cuffs initially then taken out then when they found out he gave a fake name and had warrants cuffed again and placed in the back seat. So I guess it is plausible that he hid a gun then tried to re-hide it once placed back in the car with the gun already there. Makes more sense than a magic bullet

Sounds like the cops did it or helped him "kill himself". Very suspicious.

It could of been in between the seats from before. Unlikely but who knows.

It was a stolen gun, so I don't think it was already in the police car. We need to know more of the forensic evidence. Gun powder residue and finger prints on the gun should tell us a lot.

My thing is, how was he searched twice and still couldn't find a gun on him? These are professionals searching him, too. That would be sloppy if a gun was just chillin' in the backseat.

hey, there are just some cops out there that just can't be as clever and devious as Drew Peterson... :o

I seriously cannot figure out how someone with their hand cuffed behind their backs could get a gun pointed at his temple. Unless this dude was some sort of contortionist.

I seriously cannot figure out how someone with their hand cuffed behind their backs could get a gun pointed at his temple. Unless this dude was some sort of contortionist.

Just try it, it's really not that hard. Remember your neck can move too (and probably would be if you were struggling).

Are one of your family members cops or something because you are really reaching trying to make these murderers look innocent? :whatever::whatever::whatever:

You seem to be jumping to the conclusion that it was definately a murder. Why would a cop kill someone who was already detained when all they had him for was weed and giving a fake name?

Just because he was shot in the temple doesn't mean the barrel was against his head. He might have been fumbling to get the gun out, accidently pulled the hammer back and it sprang forward, and the barrel just happen to line up with the side of his head. Maybe a one in a thousand shot, but not impossible.

Maybe his "friends" weren't really friends and they came back and shot him to he wouldn't rat them out.

Just try it, it's really not that hard. Remember your neck can move too (and probably would be if you were struggling).

I did. It may be because I'm a bigger guy but, I can't get my hands clear of my back.

Are one of your family members cops or something because you are really reaching trying to make these murderers look innocent? :whatever::whatever::whatever:

Lol, no. There's looking at the facts we have and waiting for the rest of them and there's knee jerking. You are doing the latter. There is still more we need to know, but IMO, it looks like an accidental, self inflicted shooting. That opinion will change if evidence comes out proving he didn't. So let's put the pitchforks down for the moment.

Last edited:
You seem to be jumping to the conclusion that it was definately a murder. Why would a cop kill someone who was already detained when all they had him for was weed and giving a fake name?

You ever heard of a man named Oscar Grant? The black man who got shot in his back by the white cop after Oscar was handcuffed & placed face down on the ground. Cops do s**t like this all the d**n time. Where the heck have you been???
tumblr_m8cmwemOQY1r70n32.gif

Just because he was shot in the temple doesn't mean the barrel was against his head. He might have been fumbling to get the gun out, accidently pulled the hammer back and it sprang forward, and the barrel just happen to line up with the side of his head. Maybe a one in a thousand shot, but not impossible.

Which means that's most likely not what happened. Use common sense.

Maybe his "friends" weren't really friends and they came back and shot him to he wouldn't rat them out.

Nice fairy tale but the cops where there the whole entire time. I'm pretty sure they would've seen Chavis Carter's "friends" shoot him.

Last edited:
You ever heard of a man named Oscar Grant? The black man who got shot in his back by the white cop after Oscar was handcuffed & placed face down on the ground. Cops do s**t like this all the d**n time. Where the heck have you been???
tumblr_m8cmwemOQY1r70n32.gif

Which means that's most likely not what happened. Use common sense.

Nice fairy tale but the cops where there the whole entire time. I'm pretty sure they would've seen Chavis Carter's "friends" shoot him.

1. Cops don't do that "all the damn time". That is common sense.

2. We don't know if it didn't happen like that. It very easily could have.

3. How do you know where the cops were?

It was a stolen gun, so I don't think it was already in the police car. We need to know more of the forensic evidence. Gun powder residue and finger prints on the gun should tell us a lot.

I'm just trying to make sense of it. I'm sure forensics will help and any additional information.

Carter apparently had several drugs in his system at the time of this incident.

From this article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...rk-mans-death-a-suicide-finds-multiple-drugs/

Toxicology findings show Carter tested positive for methamphetamine, anti-anxiety medication and other drugs

A little more specific:
http://newsone.com/2031840/chavis-carter-autopsy-report/

The report, released to The Associated Press and other news organizations under a Freedom of Information Act request, said Carter’s blood also tested positive for at least trace amounts of the anti-anxiety medication diazepam and the painkiller oxycodone. His urine test also returned a positive result for marijuana.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"