Cali Police Shoot and Kill Boy Carrying Toy Gun

I guess I better not start waving my Japanese Megatron toy around in public because it looks just like a Walther P38.

I guess I better not start waving my Japanese Megatron toy around in public because it looks just like a Walther P38.
You'd be an idiot to do so.

Unless you had it in robot mode. Although depending on your age you might get shot for waving that around too:oldrazz:

Last edited:
They shouted twice and as he turned the officer thought the "weapon" was being pointed at them. I'm not acting like I was there, I'm using the information the witnesses stated and thinking about how any normal child would act. He was not a hardened criminal used to being dealt with by the police.

You do have a pretty noticeable bias against cops. You come off as chomping at the bit to point fingers.

SO what would you do in that situation?
I don't even pretend like I have any concept of what it would be like to be in that situation and you should too.

Unless you had it in robot mode. Although depending on your age you might get shot for waving that around too:oldrazz:

I got shot at for waving a Beast Wars Cheetor around in public. Not because it was a safety hazard, just for being a fan of such a lame character.

You do have a pretty noticeable bias against cops. You come off as chomping at the bit to point fingers.

I don't even pretend like I have any concept of what it would be like to be in that situation and you should too.

I have a bias against cops that don't do their job properly. I have been on the receiving end of cops abusing their power on several occasions so I make it a point to point on when they are doing their jobs poorly. I highly don't the kid was swinging around grabbing his gun like he was about to fight them and if they had used some restraint this child wouldn't be being buried

The police did its job which is to protect the people.
Did you see the comparison of the fake gun vs the real AK47 ?
Earlier in the week a kid killed its teacher.
It's horrible that a youth died this way.
American society is violent, guns and their use are trivialized and not seen as something dangerous to handle even for children. That's the way it is.

Note : I am no expert on US society, it is just my point of view as a stranger.

I agree, and I don't think you need to be an expert to make this observation...it seems to make itself obvious. I believe that most people living over here generally share this point of view. I'd only say more specifically that although American society at large is mostly peaceful, there's an element of violence that is deeply ingrained and pervasive in American culture, and which is exacerbated by its glorification in popular media, and by various special business interests. If we don't work harder to solve the problem, it will continue to spread, mutate, and cause more suffering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"