Mantra's for life / living

Varient

Guru for Geeks
Reaction score
Inspired by Jaguarr.

Mantra's for life - we all have them,.... some actually make sense.
Repeats are okay,... it shows great minds/hearts think alike.

Mine:(first five no real order - this board brought these up first in my mind.)

1. Listen, Learn, Teach.

2. Accept, Exist, Prevail.

3. Love Hard, Like easily, Hate with reason.

4. Choose carefully, Stand firm.

5. Running is always an option.

I have more,... but I wanna read more from others.

V.

Not so much as being able to fit on a bumper sticker, but here are a couple quotes out of many that mean a lot to me, besides the one in my sig.

Never follow somebody else's path; it doesn't work the same way twice for anyone... the path follows you and rolls up behind you as you walk, forcing the next person to find their own way - J. Michael Straczynski

People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives - J. Michael Straczynski

And here's a few that I like from The Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates:

12. A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.
16. Your name is in the mouth of others. Be sure it has teeth.
35. That which does not kill you has made a tactical error.
36. When the going gets tough, the tough call for close air support.
37. There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".
unnumbered: Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Take his fish away and tell him he's lucky just to be alive, and he'll figure out how to catch another one for you to take tomorrow.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." -Mark Twain

I quoted this to my friend years ago when he entered his first Kickboxing match. It may have to do more with activism but I beleive it to true for fighters as well.

"a Man without fear can not be a man with courage"

"I will battle with all my heart until my final breath and my final thought will not be that of regret"

Rules I live by:

1. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

2. No greater friend, no worse enemy.

3. Have a back up plan, because your first one won't work.

4. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

5. Be polite, be courteous, be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick."

The line in my signature is a good one: "Bite into the apple of discord and let it nourish away your complacency". It's self-authored as far as I know, but I'm probably subconsciously paraphrasing something I read somewhere along the line. It's a reminder to never give up. To appreciate what you have but don't take it for granted. Always strive to do your absolute best and to make a positive change wherever you possibly can, and always have the courage to stand up for what is right and for what you believe in. Too many times, we find ourselves not doing that and just going with the flow so as to not make waves. That's comparable to sleep-walking as far as I'm concerned. It doesn't mean you have to be anti-social or obnoxious about it, but you definitely don't have to do what's popular or status quo all the time just because someone else said so, either. Be your own person.

I also like good ol' Henry Ford, who said "Whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right", or something to that effect. A lot of power in that phrase. It's sort of the precursor to Nike's "Just do it", which isn't such a bad mantra in and of itself, despite it's commercial ties.

jag

"Every lesson in life has a price tag, some are just more expensive than others."

"Life is like a plate of jalapeno peppers, what you do tonight may burn your ass tomorrow."

"If it reaches your knee, it is no longer a fart."

And a fun one to throw at the new guy at work when he asks too many questions...
"Well, there are two kinds of problems in this world, mine and yours. Why don't you try and figure out which kind this one is."

My dad told me once, "Son, in this family; we don't believe in the word "excess.""

This was about five years before he ruined his own pancreas and about fifteen years before he went blind from what used to be called adult-onset diabetes. (Though to be sure, the process began years before)

True story.

Always lookout for #1 and never step in #2

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer

I don't know if that has worked for anybody but i say it's a heap of b.s. I wouldn't allow my enemies to get close to me .

"Get it right the first time"
"Good is the enemy of Great"
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you usually finish it off when your depressed"

Keep your friends close but your enemies closer

I don't know if that has worked for anybody but i say it's a heap of b.s. I wouldn't allow my enemies to get close to me .

^ Sun Tzu,..
,..Really doesnt apply to everyday life.Unless youre a General, or a Gordon Geko-esque *****ebag. :cwink:

No Day But Today

the end.

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you usually finish it off when your depressed"
:woot:

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup." :o

"Forgive and forget what they did, but never forget how you ended up there."

Those who can't do, teach. Those who can't teach, teach gym.

"Apostrophe 's' is possessive, not plural. Apostrophe 's' is possessive, not plural. Apostrophe 's' is possessive, not plural...."

Virginity like bubble, one prick, all gone.

Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

LOL

"NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!"

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!:oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"