Marching to Madness: '14-'15 The College Basketball Thread

UK cut it very close last night.

ND was overmatched in length, so they used quick, efficient passing to confuse UK on their defensive rotations. It worked numerous times and gave ND open mid-range shots. If you concede slashing to the basket and trying to score in the paint, the shooters have to be accurate, and they were.

Kudos to Willie Cauley-Stein for playing veteran D in the closing seconds. He ran step-for-step with Jerian Grant, forced him to the corner where Grant's passing lanes were cut off. Grant had to heave a 3-pointer without a clear view of the basket. I'm sure that's not what ND wanted.

That Notre Dame/UK game last night was awesome. Notre Dame has been a part of two of this year's best games in the tournament, last night and their game against Butler. :up:

Go Spartans! Huge overtime victory! Wish Fran was here to discuss it with

Duke heading to the dance.

I want MSU or Wisconsin to win this tournament. Just can't stand Duke or Kentucky. Actually, I've never been able to stand Duke. :funny:

Kudos to Wisconsin for their tough play. UK finally went cold at the end of a game and it just happened to be a big one. It's painful to end it like this, but no excuses.

Let's go Wisconsin. Although if I were to bet money on the championship game, I'd bet on Duke.

Grats Wisconsin.

As much as it hurts, hats off to them for clutch play.

Oh well, back on the recruiting trail. The 2015-2016 season starts tomorrow. Forever BBN and Topher sucks.

How many do Kentucky lose to the draft?

How many do Kentucky lose to the draft?

4 or 5, but as it stands right now, they have the #1 recruiting class coming in. Alex Poythress will probably return as well due to missing most of the season with his ACL tear.

I plan on watching the game in full, but why the heck does it start at 9:18 ET? :shrug:

Come on Wisconsin. **** Duke.

Coach K is a God. Beautiful win for #5. Greatest coach I have ever seen. :yay:

I've been watching vids of Kentucky's incoming recruits all day and trying to put the pain of Saturday behind me. Of course, I still can't watch the footage of UK's 1997 title loss to Arizona, so I probably won't ever be able to shake this completely.

Wow...

NCAA really wanted Duke to win that one, didn't they..?

Wow...

NCAA really wanted Duke to win that one, didn't they..?
That would explain why their two best players were in foul trouble all night... Yeah, nice try but no. Duke earned that.

They were in foul trouble because they were legitimately fouling people...

I'm not a Wisconsin fan, but that game was screwed.

They were in foul trouble because they were legitimately fouling people...

I'm not a Wisconsin fan, but that game was screwed.
Okafor's third foul was complete BS. A clean strip, with no contact with the body. Still got called a foul. Also, if they wanted to fix the game, they wouldn't have call all those fouls on Duke's best players. It is common sense. They wouldn't have risked it. Why would they put their faith in Grayson Allen? Such bad logic. :funny:

My wife turned on the game with about 12 minutes to go in the game and Wisconsin up by 6-8 points. I said to her "I know exactly what is going to happen. Duke is going to start getting all the calls their way and will come back and win the game. There really isn't a need to watch the rest of it."

Sure enough, Wisconsin got 3 consecutive calls against them and the game was tied. We turned it off and went to bed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"